PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Expertise Needed - Colorado Legend Questions

mobmpls
04-25-2016, 09:05 AM
Hi - New to this forum so let me know if this should be in a different spot. I'm looking for vintage-ish Serotta and saw this one for sale. Trying to determine if this is a repaint or not, and otherwise get the thoughts of those who know a lot more about these bikes than I do on it.

Has a weird combo of parts and seems a bit overpriced based on my research, but would love to hear what you think. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Serotta-Colorado-Legend-CR-64cm-Bicycle-Fillet-brazed-/191853162817?hash=item2cab56f141:g:cUMAAOSwKfVXGQS 8

JasonF
04-25-2016, 09:11 AM
Probably overpriced, and this is coming from a guy that pays up for everything! It's hard to tell if the frame has been repainted but even if that's the case, it's an older repaint anyway.

Between the asking price and shipping, it's above market by several hundred dollars. But if it fits and you want to scratch the itch a few hundred here or there probably won't change your life one way or the other. At least that's my philosophy. Hobbies cost money so how much are you willing to spend?

cachagua
04-25-2016, 10:32 AM
Curiouser and curiouser, the guy seems to have pulled the auction.

Hilltopperny
04-25-2016, 10:37 AM
Welcome to the forum! That is a nice bike and all, especially the filet brazing, but still above the market. As the above member stated, if it's worth it to you then go for it as I doubt there are many fileted 64cm Colorado legends floating around for sale. That is one large bicycle. If you are truly interested in the bike, offer him a grand shipped for it through the eBay email and see if he bites. I would say that is a very fair price for both of you. Good luck :beer:

dave thompson
04-25-2016, 10:54 AM
Hi - New to this forum so let me know if this should be in a different spot. I'm looking for vintage-ish Serotta and saw this one for sale. Trying to determine if this is a repaint or not, and otherwise get the thoughts of those who know a lot more about these bikes than I do on it.

Has a weird combo of parts and seems a bit overpriced based on my research, but would love to hear what you think. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Serotta-Colorado-Legend-CR-64cm-Bicycle-Fillet-brazed-/191853162817?hash=item2cab56f141:g:cUMAAOSwKfVXGQS 8

It appears to be a repaint, though if it's a good job, no big deal. Looking at the catalogs for the Colorado CR, I don't see it being offered in yellow only and silver decals with black outline weren't being offered during that time. It does have a mix of parts but the bike is 22 years old.

IMO the sellers price is about double what it should be, though maybe a bump because of the size.

AngryScientist
04-25-2016, 11:51 AM
The good news is that if you keep a saved ebay search for Serotta, one will almost certainly pop up that you like and fits. there are thousands of really nice Serottas still floating around out there.