PDA

View Full Version : OT: A picture a Solanum tuberosum (Potatoe) could love

firerescuefin
04-22-2016, 05:09 PM
Took this picture last night after the BA's got down from their area familiarization/walkthrough flight. Got to watch it at stage center with our F-35 GFR/Navy Commander Test Pilot (also an F-18 pilot) who walked me through all their maneuvers from his perspective...which as a military aviation nut, was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. Those folks are bad @ss......To all you dads of girls, met with BA #8 this AM (to go over some egress/safety issues), and she was one of the most impressive young aviators/military folks I have ever come across.

At the Air Boss meeting this morning, met with Mig 17, A-26, and P-51 pilots (at their aircraft) to ensure our crews were familiar with their egress procedures. I know I'm not the only one that likes this type of stuff. Fun days to be at "work".

drewellison
04-22-2016, 05:26 PM
It's a beautiful thing. That's something I'll pay more tax dollars for.
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! :beer:

dave thompson
04-22-2016, 05:53 PM
Took this picture last night after the BA's got down from their area familiarization/walkthrough flight. Got to watch it at stage center with our F-35 GFR/Navy Commander Test Pilot (also an F-18 pilot) who walked me through all their maneuvers from his perspective...which as a military aviation nut, was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. Those folks are bad @ss......To all you dads of girls, met with BA #8 this AM (to go over some egress/safety issues), and she was one of the most impressive young aviators/military folks I have ever come across.

At the Air Boss meeting this morning, met with Mig 17, A-26, and P-51 pilots (at their aircraft) to ensure our crews were familiar with their egress procedures. I know I'm not the only one that likes this type of stuff. Fun days to be at "work".
As a life-long airplane geek/pilot/salesman/adventurer I envy you your job! My son was an Intel guy for a Marine VMF FA-18 squadron and I'd grill him for anything he was allowed to tell me.

SpokeValley
04-23-2016, 07:31 AM
Magnificent. :hello:

I enjoy the pre flight routine and precision...then, there's the real flight and precision.

I'm damned tired of the military budget cuts in general, but it becomes noticeable when BA and Thunderbirds (and air shows in general) have reduced schedules. People need to see our professional military capabilities because it's just awesome.

No apologies for the rant.

GregL
04-23-2016, 08:21 AM
Thanks for sharing! One of the things I love about this forum is the number of aviation enthusiasts and professionals. Please add some photos from the air show!

- Greg

oldpotatoe
04-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Very neat..BA#8 is a female, eh? Yikes and yeegads..Not a fan..:cool:

Fleet experienced aviators only..I guess it was inevitable eventually. :crap: