PDA

View Full Version : Rapha Cycle Club Membership

EA120711
04-22-2016, 03:58 PM
Curious to get any RCC members feedback on whether joining is worth it. From reading the benefits on the site, it seems like the biggest one is the ability to purchase the dedicated RCC gear -I don't travel enough to have the need to rent a bike abroad. For $200/year I'm not sure if this is worth it, but if anyone could provide some insight on it , I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Spdntrxi
04-22-2016, 04:38 PM
Unless you live close to one and get free coffee too... I'd say no. I didn't join this year.. Going to San Francisco from the east bay is a little to much trouble. The gear is nice but it's not cheap either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EA120711
04-22-2016, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the info..anyone know if you're limited to how much you can purchase of one item?? Reason im asking is that I saw RCC version of the Climbers shoes and that got me interested in possibly joining.

UKBROOKLYN
04-22-2016, 06:52 PM
If you ride a lot and are close to a CC its worth it for the coffee alone.
My riding pal and I joined this year and am probably saving 6 to 9 dollars a week on coffee.. so I am into them for about 60 bucks already..
We like to finish rides at the Rapha Club. The one in NYC has a back yard too and soon to have beer on tap.

You get first info on gear discounts and sales too.. and access if you want it to exclusive club gear.. Plus theres the rides.. and the access to a bike if you are somewhere you need one or if your one is in the shop..

So far it has been worth it. But if I did not live close or have the store near my cycle route I don't think I would join..

spiderwj
05-03-2016, 12:22 AM
Agreed. Good looking kits though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewis Moon
05-03-2016, 06:27 AM
Never go full Wiggum.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/659/20492883723_318c431825_b_d.jpg

El Chaba
05-03-2016, 06:29 AM
It's a great deal....for Rapha....

Toon Raider
05-04-2016, 12:18 AM
as I am often passing through one of the London shops, so free coffee ( which I was buying previously) saves me a little more than the joining fee, when taking an annual view.

Plus I have used their bikes on two occasions when I have travelled.

During the next winter I will ride with the RCC London chapter 1 or 2 times a month.

Also, due to making good contacts in the shops with the staff I was made aware of a super fitter .

So for me it has worked out.

Alan

weaponsgrade
05-04-2016, 01:32 AM
I'm not a member but know someone who is. The SF club also hosts a few events throughout the year. I went as a guest to one of them. It was at a brewery. in addition to all the beer you could drink they also ordered pizza and dessert. And it was foodie type pizza and desert too (not Dominos and Oreos). I had a good time but I'm going to stick with mooching. I think if you can make it to all their events, drink lots of coffee, and like the RCC gear then maybe it'll be worth it for you. I've never ridden with them but I talked to another member who said he got dropped on one of the longer rides and had to find his way back himself. Though he did say that the SF club has a lot less elitist vibe than the London one. I heard a lot of people didn't resign but the event I went to seemed pretty well-attended.