PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 1000 question re: waypoints?

eddief
04-20-2016, 06:37 PM
So I'm out Garmining today and looking at the nav map on the unit, I touched it somehow and then saw a little symbol that looked like a pushpin. Not sure why or how it showed up, but all of sudden the unit is telling me I'm off course. I was not on a course, so not sure what happened.

Is the pushpin symbol a waypoint?
What are waypoints?
If I inputted it accidentally, how do I get rid of it?

CAAD
04-20-2016, 06:51 PM
If you are scrolling around the map and press by accident you will drop the pin. If the pin shows up tap the screen and hit the square center on location button to get rid if it. If it says you are off course, go to the map and hit the red x in the lower left to cancel current route. Hope that makes scene.

eddief
04-20-2016, 07:03 PM
do you know why the pins show up and how it is meant to be used? I swear I googled this and could not find an explain.

If you are scrolling around the map and press by accident you will drop the pin. If the pin shows up tap the screen and hit the square center on location button to get rid if it. If it says you are off course, go to the map and hit the red x in the lower left to cancel current route. Hope that makes scene.

kramnnim
04-20-2016, 08:02 PM
Like CAAD said...if you tap the screen, it will drop a pin. I think the function is there so you can navigate to that point.

CAAD
04-20-2016, 09:01 PM
I use the pin if I want to navigate to a specific point without having to input a address. When I'm travelling I'll find a multi use trail on my phone then look on the Garmin to drop a pin to the starting point.