PDA

View Full Version : OT - when will espn fire Curt Schilling

wc1934
04-19-2016, 06:31 PM
Did you happen to read his blog and see that caricature?
How can he get away with that bigotry?

http://deadspin.com/espns-curt-schilling-shares-bigoted-anti-trans-meme-on-1771868863

Louis
04-19-2016, 07:18 PM
How can he get away with that bigotry?

Probably because a significant number of folks out there share his opinion.

FlashUNC
04-19-2016, 07:18 PM
Contract. I'm guessing he gets paid out, not renewed, and doesn't see much on air time.

eddief
04-19-2016, 07:24 PM
has the worst announcers all the way around. The best way to kill a sporting event is to have to watch it on Espn. A new definition of drones. Place blame where it is deserved:

Espn is a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which operates the network) and the Hearst Corporation (which owns a 20% minority share).

azrider
04-19-2016, 07:38 PM
After firing Ditka for comments on Obama I'm sure they'll get their panties in a wad over this too. Just give them time.

Good for Curt for speaking his mind. It's his damn opinion let him have one.

So many "hurt feelings" in the world today. Just pathetic

azrider
04-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Perfect response from Schilling.

https://38pitches.wordpress.com/

The first sentence is the best:

The meme the world decided to rally behind that I posted months ago. The meme that some of you clowns and more of you spineless looking to be offended folks turned into something it was not.

FlashUNC
04-19-2016, 07:55 PM
The meme the world decided to rally behind that I posted months ago. The meme that some of you clowns and more of you spineless looking to be offended folks turned into something it was not.

Translation: I don't care about treating those different from me with any kind of respect.

But I'd expect nothing less from someone who robbed Rhode Island taxpayers blind.

azrider
04-19-2016, 07:58 PM
Translation: I don't care about treating those different from me with any kind of respect.

But I'd expect nothing less from someone who robbed Rhode Island taxpayers blind.

The dude has had a very rough couple of years with his daughter and is extremely protective......i get it.

What I don't get is why someone who is SO offended by his comments would waste his (or her) time and post about it on a bicycle forum only to be forced to see it and re-hash it every time he sees the thread bumped.

Sooooo much butthurt

FlashUNC
04-19-2016, 08:01 PM
He's a culture war lunatic.

This isn't about his daughter.

ultraman6970
04-19-2016, 08:10 PM
Dont take my comment wrong, just describing a situation ok?

We went to disney this year and saw a bunch of dudes in dress, long hair and make up. But the one that got my attention was clearly a tiny girl that was in the line for the men bathroom, the thing is this... some guys noticed, other ones did not care, she went to the stall closed the door and good to go.

But if you clearly have a dude dress as a woman waiting in line to use the women bathroom, women (and generalizing) wont feel comfortable with that situation at all, in a matter of fact my wife (we noticed a few moms with their daughters doing the same) for example just walked out and waited till this dude came out of the restroom. Nobody complained but clearly many felt really uncomfortable with the situation, and they deserve respect to voice their opinion too.

Not justifying the meme in question but clearly paint the picture as many people think and we have to respect that too after all.

bcroslin
04-19-2016, 08:14 PM
this is going to be good

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/65978001.jpg

Cat3roadracer
04-19-2016, 08:18 PM
The bloody sock is no longer in the HOF. Curt is hurting.

wc1934
04-19-2016, 08:20 PM
After firing Ditka for comments on Obama I'm sure they'll get their panties in a wad over this too. Just give them time.

Good for Curt for speaking his mind. It's his damn opinion let him have one.

So many "hurt feelings" in the world today. Just pathetic

If you believe this is freedom of speech and he has a right to his opinion then you too have a big problem!!!

bking
04-19-2016, 08:20 PM
more and more of us will be getting branded "culture war lunatics" i'm sure. We just don't dance fast enough for many of you I guess.

93legendti
04-19-2016, 08:27 PM
If you believe this is freedom of speech and he has a right to his opinion then you too have a big problem!!!

It isn't freedom of speech? NC doesn't have a baseball team. He doesn't work there. He didn't insult an ESPN employee. He didn't insult a MLB player.

You have a right to your opinion about this, but he doesn't?

Where was the re- education camp they sent you to?

When will liberals once again be accepting of opinions that differs from theirs?
Why are the so called "tolerant people" only tolerant of the views they agree with?

OtayBW
04-19-2016, 08:34 PM
When will liberals once again be accepting of opinions that differs from theirs?
Why are the so called "tolerant people" only tolerant of the views they agree with?Oh please.........

azrider
04-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Why are the so called "tolerant people" only tolerant of the views they agree with?

Amen.

FlashUNC
04-19-2016, 08:38 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/free_speech.png

r_mutt
04-19-2016, 08:42 PM
religion breeds intolerance. schilling is a perfect example.

Black Dog
04-19-2016, 08:51 PM

Add political ideology to that list. Ideologues, both political and religious do not do tolerance and acceptance very well. Any thing that does not fit their ridged model of reality is not well tolerated. :(

berserk87
04-19-2016, 08:55 PM
I don't care either way about the topic; however, I have to say that "butthurt" is a term that Bubbas use. It will be nice when folks forget about this word.

Raffy
04-19-2016, 08:57 PM
Oh please, why is everyone all butthurt about this???

The world has much bigger problems than this; bit?ch please.

firerescuefin
04-19-2016, 09:13 PM

Tolerance...breeds tolerance for everything but others opinions/takes that disagrees with the person that's "tolerant". I have 0 problems with Curt's take.

I think your understanding of religion is myopic. Just my opinion.

Raffy
04-19-2016, 09:15 PM
Tolerance...breeds tolerance for everything but others opinions/takes that disagrees with the person that's "tolerant". I have 0 problems with Curt's take.

Is there a like button around here??? :p

firerescuefin
04-19-2016, 09:15 PM

This thread has no place on this forum...just another opinion of mine. Someone morally superior/more tolerant than me will be on here soon enough to blast me and anyone that may agree with me, and this thread will go off to the land of locked posts. Can't wait (sarcasm inserted)

pbarry
04-19-2016, 09:22 PM
There are plenty of places on the web to go for your political fix. This thread is not why I frequent here.

daker13
04-19-2016, 09:25 PM
On behalf of the people of Rhode Island: screw you, Curt Schilling.

Mr. Personal Responsibility, quick to take a massive loan from the state, drove the company into the ground with his incompetence, blamed everyone but himself when it happened.

firerescuefin
04-19-2016, 09:26 PM
There are plenty of places on the web to go for your political fix. This thread is not why I frequent here.

Can I get a witness from the congregation.... Agreed

FlashUNC
04-19-2016, 09:39 PM
Not specifically related to Mr Bloody Sock, but that's just reductive false equivalency.

Do we have to tolerate views we find abhorrent and disgusting?

Tolerance isn't some fig leaf for immediately and blindly accepting that everyone's views are of equal merit. Reality is they're not.

You can be tolerant and, yanno, not want to hear about how slavery isn't all that bad, as one example. Or give equal weight the idea that the moon landings were faked, or that the Earth is flat. Or Terence Howard's insane view that 1x1=2. Seriously, he believes that.

Dismissing awful opinions, regardless of what they are, doesn't make you intolerant.

Bradford
04-19-2016, 09:49 PM
Politics and religion in the same thread. You guys know better.

gasman
04-19-2016, 09:51 PM
Okay everyone this is going to be too political.
Let's get back to carbon vs. Ti vs. steel