PDA

View Full Version : look 585 elle info request

joe.e
04-19-2016, 10:45 AM
so I came across a 585 on cl in my size, but I've never much kept up with look other than 'huh, that's a cool bike.' The seller stated its a 585, but based on color scheme it seems to be an elle. From my 10 minute google search it looks like the elle shares the geometry of the optimum (with the taller ht and shorter tt), but is there any other info I should know about (year issues, bonding issues/etc/etc etc)? Really, I'm after bro advice here, not normal cl best practice advice.

The ad literally JUST expired, but I've included a picture of the same color scheme if that helps determine year/issues/etc

Thanks dudes!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2430/3929387375_439d226cc0.jpg

Fishbike
04-19-2016, 01:05 PM
I have one. My research indicated it was the same as the "regular" 585's with some modest geometry tweaks. The 585 is regarded by many as a great all-rounder and terrific example of the best qualities of carbon without being too stiff, swoopy, aero.

The ride is nice. Smooth, responsive, plenty stiff. And there're lugs! What's not to love about lugs?

I am not aware of an issues with any 585's. They are still very much in demand.

The Elles have some different paint jobs. Not too girly at all. If it fits, go for it. Other guys have.

By the way, can a girl give bro advice?

rePhil
04-19-2016, 02:28 PM
Will it fit you? What are they asking for it? What are you waiting for:)
I've not heard of any major issues like bond failures etc.

The geometry works for me. The ride is very nice. IMO, there is a reason it gets so many raves & praise.

tv_vt
04-19-2016, 04:26 PM
The color combo makes me think it's a Look designed for Team Sky.

I like it.

joe.e
04-19-2016, 09:40 PM
By the way, can a girl give bro advice?

of course, being a bro is plumbing agnostic.

Thanks for the replies everyone. The geo would work for me if
it is a small. The ad listed it as a medium (which the seller says is a mistake), but from the picture, it looks like its a small, if not an xs. Trying to get more info, but if you've ever bought a bike on cl, you know how that goes sometimes...

Its about an hour drive to pick it up, but the price is right, so we'll see

Hawker
10-15-2016, 03:04 PM
I know this is an old thread but just wondering if the OP bought this bike?

I have the same exact frame, color, etc. Yes, slightly taller head tube and slightly shorter TT. I'm a guy and mine is an XS...and it is far and away the best bike frame I've ever ridden. Responsive without being twitchy, light, great road shock absorption....lovely bike and mine is with Dura-Ace.

And by the way, this blue is not exactly pastel blue so it doesn't really appear as a 'girly" bike.