PDA

View Full Version : TdF Roster

sevencyclist
06-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Riis has put together a great roster to support Basso, but did he make a mistake by not putting Fabian Cancellara instead of Giovanni Lombardi on that list?

Team CSC for Tour de France (July 1-23)

Ivan Basso (Ita)
Carlos Sastre (Spa)
Fränk Schleck (Lux)
Jens Voigt (Ger)
Giovanni Lombardi (Ita)
Stuart O'Grady (Aus)
Bobby Julich (USA)
David Zabriskie (USA)
Christian Vande Velde (USA)

How about Quick Step leaving Paolo Bettini at home. I think he would have added more spice to the race.

Quick Step-Innergetic for Tour

Tom Boonen (Bel)
Wilfried Cretskens (Bel)
Steven De Jongh (Ned)
Juan Manuel Garate (Spa)
Filippo Pozzato (Ita)
Bram Tankink (Ned)
Mateo Tosatto (Ita)
José Rujano (Col)
Cedric Vasseur (Fra)

Your thoughts?

LegendRider
06-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Riis has put together a great roster to support Basso, but did he make a mistake by not putting Fabian Cancellara instead of Giovanni Lombardi on that list?

Team CSC for Tour de France (July 1-23)

Ivan Basso (Ita)
Carlos Sastre (Spa)
Fränk Schleck (Lux)
Jens Voigt (Ger)
Giovanni Lombardi (Ita)
Stuart O'Grady (Aus)
Bobby Julich (USA)
David Zabriskie (USA)
Christian Vande Velde (USA)

How about Quick Step leaving Paolo Bettini at home. I think he would have added more spice to the race.

Quick Step-Innergetic for Tour

Tom Boonen (Bel)
Wilfried Cretskens (Bel)
Steven De Jongh (Ned)
Juan Manuel Garate (Spa)
Filippo Pozzato (Ita)
Bram Tankink (Ned)
Mateo Tosatto (Ita)
José Rujano (Col)
Cedric Vasseur (Fra)

Your thoughts?

Did Bettini want to ride the Tour? Once these guys start getting a little long in the tooth, they sometimes ask not to ride. I recall Museeuw didn't want to ride it toward the end of his career.

BumbleBeeDave
06-20-2006, 06:53 AM
That DOES seem odd to me. I certainly wouldn't call him "toward the end of his career." That guy is so much of a fighter and so much fun to watch I'd think the team would definitely want him in there at the biggest race in the world, if for nothing more than sponsor PR.

Has he publicly stated he's concentrating on training to win the Vuelta or something? Or is he injured? . . . sorry to hear he won't be there.

BBD

Elefantino
06-20-2006, 09:06 AM
I see that cyclingnews.com has yet to post the Serotta Board team roster.

LegendRider
06-20-2006, 09:42 AM
That DOES seem odd to me. I certainly wouldn't call him "toward the end of his career." That guy is so much of a fighter and so much fun to watch I'd think the team would definitely want him in there at the biggest race in the world, if for nothing more than sponsor PR.

Has he publicly stated he's concentrating on training to win the Vuelta or something? Or is he injured? . . . sorry to hear he won't be there.

BBD

He's 32 and has indicated he has only a couple of years left in him. But, I totally agree that he's a fighter. I doubt he'll be going for GC in any Grand Tour.

Avispa
06-20-2006, 09:46 AM
He's 32 and has indicated he has only a couple of years left in him. But, I totally agree that he's a fighter. I doubt he'll be going for GC in any Grand Tour.

I just don't think that QS has had any Grand Tour contenders for a while! The fact that Bettini took the Maglia Rosa last year, was because they were still in the flat stages... I bet, Boonen will probably quit before the race is over!

Bettini would have done the same, not so much because hi is a quitter, but for Betini the Tour is NOT the Giro, he won't be in front of his home crowd.

That's my atmo...

Now, is it only TWO teams riding this year? Where are the rest so I can spoil this thread with more of my BS..... BS as when I read something in BiciSport and I post it here! :p :p

LegendRider
06-20-2006, 10:11 AM
I just don't think that QS has had any Grand Tour contenders for a while! The fact that Bettini took the Maglia Rosa last year, was because they were still in the flat stages... I bet, Boonen will probably quit before the race is over!

Bettini would have done the same, not so much because hi is a quitter, but for Betini the Tour is NOT the Giro, he won't be in front of his home crowd.

That's my atmo...

Now, is it only TWO teams riding this year? Where are the rest so I can spoil this thread with more of my BS..... BS as when I read something in BiciSport and I post it here! :p :p

QS had Rogers, but he has yet to impress me as a GC rider. He does come through at the Worlds.

sspielman
06-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Gerlosteiner:
Markus Fothen
David Kopp
Sebastian Lang
Levi Leipheimer
Ronny Scholz
Georg Totschnig
Fabian Wegmann
Peter Wrolich
Beat Zberg

T-Mobile:
Jan Ullrich
Giuseppe Guerini
Serhiy Honchar
Sergej Ivanov
Matthias Kessler
Andreas Klöden
Eddy Mazzoleni
Michael Rogers
Patrik Sinkewitz

Phonak:
Bert Grabsch
Robert Hunter
Nicolas Jalabert
Floyd Landis
Axel Merckx
Koos Moerenhout
Alexandre Moos
Victor Hugo Pena
Miguel Angel Perdiguero

Astana-Wurth:
Joseba Beloki
Alberto Contador
Jörg Jaksche
Andrey Kashechkin
Luis León Sánchez
Alexandre Vinokourov
+ 3 out of:
Carlos Barredo
Assan Basayev
Allan Davis
Isidro Nozal
Aitor Osa
Sergio Paulinho

97CSI
06-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Rabobank:
Oscar Freire (Spa)
Juan Antonio Flecha (Spa)
Denis Menchov (Rus)
Michael Boogerd (Ned)
Erik Dekker (Ned)
Thomas Dekker (Ned)
Joost Posthuma (Ned)
Pieter Weening (Ned)
Michael Rasmussen (Den)

Euskaltel-Euskadi:
Iban Mayo
Haimar Zubeldia
Iñaki Isasi
Unai Etxebarria
Gorka Verdugo
Iñigo Landaluce
Aitor Hernández
David López
Iker Camaño

sevencyclist
06-20-2006, 11:06 AM
BumbleBeeDave
Sandy
Climb01742
William
e-RICHIE
Too Tall
Fixed
dirtdigger88
Kevan

disclaimer: Roster based on number of posts

CNY rider
06-20-2006, 11:21 AM
BumbleBeeDave
Sandy
Climb01742
William
e-RICHIE
Too Tall
Fixed
dirtdigger88
Kevan

Aw c'mon let's get down to what we really love to argue about:

What would the Serotta team RIDE? Swanky Meivicis? Ottrott's? The long time standard bearer, the Legend? Or would we have them break out the old lug sets.........

SPOKE
06-20-2006, 04:06 PM
will be making the trip to Ottrott. :banana:

Lunar Probe
06-20-2006, 04:21 PM
I bet, Boonen will probably quit before the race is over!

I'm thinking he's going for the green.

97CSI
06-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Aw c'mon let's get down to what we really love to argue about:

What would the Serotta team RIDE? Swanky Meivicis? Ottrott's? The long time standard bearer, the Legend? Or would we have them break out the old lug sets.........I'm guessing that e-RICHIE's may say Serotta, but it will have lugs and look a bit different than the others. :D

BumbleBeeDave
06-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Why, identical Legends, of course, all painted to match the Queen Bee! ;) . . .

BBDave

obtuse
06-20-2006, 08:45 PM
BumbleBeeDave
Sandy
Climb01742
William
e-RICHIE
Too Tall
Fixed
dirtdigger88
Kevan

you left obtuse/jerk/me off the squad? i'm demanding a transfer to unibet.

obtuse

obtuse
06-20-2006, 08:47 PM
a special champ d'elysee? (http://www.rathergood.com/gaybar/) Why, identical Legends, of course, all painted to match the Queen Bee! ;) . . .

BBDave

is this years tour a race to a rather special part of paris? (http://www.rathergood.com/gaybar/)?

sevencyclist
06-20-2006, 11:54 PM
you left obtuse/jerk/me off the squad? i'm demanding a transfer to unibet.

obtuse

Sorry, recount of your posts under jerk and obtuse still show that you need to surpass Kevin, Dr. Doofus, and Kevan. No Tour for you! You are hereby transfered to Comunidad Valenciana .