PDA

View Full Version : TDF stages town-by-town?

572cv
04-14-2016, 01:28 PM
I may be completely missing it, but I can't seem to figure out how to find the TDF route map at anything closer than really large scale. I am looking for enough granularity to follow the actual route for all the stages. In the alps, ASO has posted a profile for climbing stages, and one can generally figure it out, but I would think that all stages would have the actual roads and turns and villages and all that, at least somewhere.

Love to know if anyone can point me to the resource. It would be cool to have it for the Giro and the Vuelta as well, for that matter. Thanks.

cadence90
04-14-2016, 01:59 PM
Be patient.

It seems the official individual stage maps/profiles have not been published yet. They will certainly be available on LeTour, CN, VN, Gazzetta, etc. relatively soon.

Here's a version to use in the meantime.

http://www.cyclingstage.com/tour-de-france-2016-route/

dave thompson
04-14-2016, 03:32 PM
:fight:The Cycling News Tour Tracker from the App Store is excellent with detailed maps, profiles and conditions of each stage of the Giro, Tour and Vuelta. During the race you can track riders, get moment by moment commentary, stage results, leaderboard, darn near everything to enjoy the racing vicariously.

I've been using for several years on my iPhone and iPad, really easy.

malcolm
04-14-2016, 03:38 PM
http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-france/

click on profile and it'll give you the individual cols

572cv
04-14-2016, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the leads, everyone!

kramnnim
04-14-2016, 09:08 PM
Eventually there will be a magazine sized book with route maps and lots of other info...but you have to get it from the UK/EU.

dave thompson
04-15-2016, 09:43 AM
Eventually there will be a magazine sized book with route maps and lots of other info...but you have to get it from the UK/EU.

Often that magazine can be found in places like Barnes & Noble and others that have a large magazine section.

kramnnim
04-15-2016, 11:21 AM
The US version that I looked at (in 2013) didn't have the maps and other info useful to someone who is in actually there in France...

MattTuck
04-15-2016, 11:30 AM
If I'm interpreting the OP correctly, I think they are looking for the actual 'race book'. That has the details of every stage.

I'm not sure that these are available to the general public, but I do believe there is information, especially as the race gets closer, on the routes that is publicly available. And in today's world of strava and ridewithgps, I bet there will be routes available on those platforms for each stage.

kramnnim
04-15-2016, 11:56 AM
These guys have roadbook pdfs- http://velorooms.com/index.php?topic=2384.150

A lot more details than the "Official Programme" I mentioned earlier, and not as fan friendly since they are meant for official use, but could be helpful...stake out the feed zones to get discarded bottles, etc.

572cv
04-15-2016, 01:49 PM
I picked out a racebook from a race (Criterium Internationale) and that certainly has the level of detail needed. The particular roads and towns are noted, which lets one plot the route. Feedzones, sprints, etc are a bonus.

If one wanted to pick up the Tour going through the Massif Central or Dordogne, or something, having this would enable a ride over to a likely spot, like a small col, or climb out of a river valley.

I'm glad to be learning more ways to get this information, and learning that it hasn't necessarily come out.

Thanks.