PDA

View Full Version : ABSOLUTELY OT: NHL playoffs!

BobC
04-13-2016, 12:09 PM
Start tonight.

That is all

mtb_frk
04-13-2016, 12:13 PM
I am happy the Wings made it in to keep the streak going, but I am not expecting much from them.

zap
04-13-2016, 12:15 PM
Yeeesssssss......Go Caps.

:hello:

:beer:

BobC
04-13-2016, 12:39 PM
Not trying to pick a fight but there is NO joy north of the border

California = 3 teams
Florida = 2 teams
Canada = 0 teams

Lots of interesting 1st round match ups. I am thinking at least a couple upsets.

I'll be rooting for the Hawks (raised in the Chicago burbs), but I am thinking a Pens - Ducks Stanley Cup.

Mzilliox
04-13-2016, 12:42 PM

California = 3 teams
Florida = 2 teams
Canada = 0 teams

Lots of interesting 1st round match ups. I am thinking at least a couple upsets.

I'll be rooting for the Hawks (raised in the Chicago burbs), but I am thinking a Pens - Ducks Stanley Cup.

Go Penguins!!!

I like your style... Pens are my favorites, and Ducks are what the rest of my family consider the "home team".

merlinmurph
04-13-2016, 12:59 PM

California = 3 teams
Florida = 2 teams
Canada = 0 teams

And no Bruins. Big fail.

zap
04-13-2016, 01:01 PM
but I am thinking a Pens - Ducks Stanley Cup.

I think the Caps have the most talent but do they have the playoff "grit" this year. Caps should get by Philly then face the waddling birds. Not liking how they (the Caps) played at the end of the regular season so I'm thinking that.........you might be right.

eippo1
04-13-2016, 01:17 PM
And no Bruins. Big fail.

Thought they might have something going for the playoffs when they blew out the Wings, but I guess they had nothing left for Ottawa. They might as well have just stayed home for that game.

Will probably follow the Hawks, Caps & Rangers through the playoffs.

chiasticon
04-13-2016, 01:25 PM
Caps should get by Philly then face the waddling birds. Not liking how they (the Caps) played at the end of the regular season so I'm thinking that.........you might be right.Caps/Flyers will be an interesting series: they split the season series, Flyers are stoked to make it and anything else is gravy, while the Caps have huge pressure to go all the way...

it pains me to say it as a Flyers fan, but the Pens are looking really great right now. if they get Flower and Murray back and Shrek gets healthy, they'll be golden.

anyway, go Flyers! :D

melonyogloo
04-13-2016, 01:46 PM
I am hoping Corey Crawford can get back into last year's form quick... if not, the Hawks are doomed.

ElvisMerckx
04-13-2016, 01:47 PM
Caps/Flyers will be an interesting series: they split the season series

Not quite a split at 2-0-2, but I know what you're saying.

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-13-2016, 01:48 PM
Caps/Flyers will be an interesting series: they split the season series, Flyers are stoked to make it and anything else is gravy, while the Caps have huge pressure to go all the way...

it pains me to say it as a Flyers fan, but the Pens are looking really great right now. if they get Flower and Murray back and Shrek gets healthy, they'll be golden.

anyway, go Flyers! :D

Pens will choke. Or so I hope.

No better hockey than playoff hockey.

Go Rangers!!

chiasticon
04-13-2016, 01:53 PM
Not quite a split at 2-0-2, but I know what you're saying.yep, 6 points vs 4. and one could certainly argue that Caps playing declined recently (including Flyers SO victory over them) based on their position in the standings (clinching a playoff berth in like December I think). still...will be a good series.

rbtmcardle
04-13-2016, 01:54 PM
Lets Go FLYERS!!

A lifetime fan of the broad street bullies.. i remember watching them win back to back in the 70s.. like where they are headed and huge emotion with the death of Snider.. who was a class act..

Not sure they can get past the Caps but hey Villanova won the NCAA's

ElvisMerckx
04-13-2016, 02:04 PM
yep, 6 points vs 4. and one could certainly argue that Caps playing declined recently (including Flyers SO victory over them) based on their position in the standings (clinching a playoff berth in like December I think). still...will be a good series.

Another reason for the Caps' "decline" (they were still way above .500) in the last few months is due to Trotz shuffling the lines continually. You can bet his lines will be a more consistent in the playoffs.

Should be a great series. The Flyers and Caps have always been my favorite match-up in hockey.

makoti
04-13-2016, 02:14 PM
Blues. Please.

JasonF
04-13-2016, 02:21 PM
Plus, it's Kobe's last game...

Jeez, his sendoff was longer than Jeter's.

estilley
04-13-2016, 02:31 PM
Go Rangers.

No idea if they made it.

-Former NYC resident now in a city without an NHL team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-13-2016, 02:55 PM
Go Rangers.

No idea if they made it.

Yes, they are in.

Waldo
04-13-2016, 02:56 PM
Cycling is OT. NHL playoffs are SO on topic!

crashnburn
04-13-2016, 04:23 PM
Go Hawks!!

grawk
04-13-2016, 04:38 PM
I'm a caps fan, and I think the only team they have to worry about in the playoffs is the Caps.

fignon's barber
04-13-2016, 04:44 PM
yep, 6 points vs 4. and one could certainly argue that Caps playing declined recently (including Flyers SO victory over them) based on their position in the standings (clinching a playoff berth in like December I think). still...will be a good series.

Yes, Flyers have the longest odds of any of the playoff teams, but I don't understand that. They have been hot since January (I think second best record since mid jan) and for some reason they play better against better teams (at one point, they lost 9 out of 11 against the bottom 5 teams in the league). We will see.

fignon's barber
04-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Lets Go FLYERS!!

A lifetime fan of the broad street bullies.. i remember watching them win back to back in the 70s.. like where they are headed and huge emotion with the death of Snider.. who was a class act..

Mr. Snider was the best owner in sports. He was hands-on, and he loved the team. He deserved one more cup before he passed.

Rada
04-13-2016, 04:54 PM
Blues. Please.

Go Blues. Tough draw getting Chicago in the first round.

mtb_frk
04-13-2016, 05:02 PM

California = 3 teams
Florida = 2 teams
Canada = 0 teams

Maybe someday I will see a wings-leafs series again. I think the last time was in 89 maybe? My two favourite teams.

wc1934
04-13-2016, 07:20 PM
And no Bruins. Big fail.

yup - B's were up 10 points in March and did not make the playoffs - I would have thought Farrell would be fired before Claude (who had no D).
I am so mad - I love playoff hockey and more so when the BBB are playing (cause I'm a homer).

wc1934
04-13-2016, 07:22 PM
Go Rangers.

No idea if they made it.

Rangers in - as are the Islanders (first time for playoff hockey at the Barkley Center).

DarkStar
04-13-2016, 07:43 PM

California = 3 teams
Florida = 2 teams
Canada = 0 teams

Without the Habs not really paying any attention to the playoffs.

Matthew
04-13-2016, 08:19 PM
Go Wings!!! Playoff hockey is amazing. Better than football to me.

travis bickle
04-13-2016, 09:23 PM
I would like to see the hometown Wild make a run however, I am realistic. They will probably win a couple games and then pack it in.

chiasticon
04-13-2016, 11:43 PM
Yes, Flyers have the longest odds of any of the playoff teams, but I don't understand that. They have been hot since January (I think second best record since mid jan) and for some reason they play better against better teams (at one point, they lost 9 out of 11 against the bottom 5 teams in the league). We will see.if you're a stats nerd, it's definitely a very interesting series to watch. they're absolutely a team who plays best when faced with adversity (I say this having drivin the two hours to Columbus to see them lose to the Blue Jackets four times over the last two years, and seen them beat the Hawks or Blues or whoever was super hot at the time a few days prior).

Mr. Snider was the best owner in sports. He was hands-on, and he loved the team. He deserved one more cup before he passed.amen.

witcombusa
04-14-2016, 04:48 AM
Good start for the Pens... which is perfect because I despise NY...

rwsaunders
04-14-2016, 06:41 AM
Yes it was a good start for the Pens...beautiful pass from Hornquist to Sid on the breakaway.

http://youtu.be/u15CdtCJ3p8

geeter
04-14-2016, 06:55 AM
I am hoping Corey Crawford can get back into last year's form quick... if not, the Hawks are doomed.
He did. A fluke on last night. If they can split on the road they are ok.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

rwsaunders
04-23-2016, 10:16 PM
Nothing like a playoff handshake...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2679663/bostonhandshakes.gif

mnoble485
04-24-2016, 07:34 AM
I was lucky enough to get invited to watch the Lightning V. Redwings game Friday night in Tampa. Corp. suite with food and drinks no less. Great atmosphere with a home town win in the final minutes.

GO BOLTS!!!

Mike

Mzilliox
04-24-2016, 09:19 AM
ow that was some Penguins Hockey. Hit em so fast they couldn't respond. Sent Lundquist to the bench 3 times.

Lets go Pens!

BobC
04-24-2016, 07:27 PM
Watched the hawks - blues game last night at a party (convinced the guy at the party to turn the TV on). Everyone else is drinking/socializing & I am riveted to the TV. Wife saw me & laughed.

What a nerd. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Great game tho (for the Hawks).

geordanh
04-24-2016, 10:19 PM
Watched the hawks - blues game last night at a party (convinced the guy at the party to turn the TV on). Everyone else is drinking/socializing & I am riveted to the TV. Wife saw me & laughed.

What a nerd. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Great game tho (for the Hawks).

Once again Alain vigneault can't get it done in the post season despite an A++ roster. As a canucks fan, it's been somewhat vindicating to watch NY choke after watching the sedins take so much of the blame during their prime.

The blues Hawks series is one of the most awesome playoff series' I've watched in ages. I can't wait for Monday night.

geeter
04-25-2016, 06:06 PM
Pens are on fire. There roster is so deep.

Go Hawks!

benito
04-27-2016, 02:47 AM
blues hawks series was pretty riveting.

looking forwards to what the sharks pull out of their sleeves against the ducks...

and a caps pens series for the ages.

geeter
04-27-2016, 05:35 PM
I agree, the pens and caps is going to be awesome

geordanh
04-27-2016, 05:57 PM

looking forwards to what the sharks pull out of their sleeves against the ducks...

That was one of the most awesome playoff series I can remember in a while. So intense. Felt like a conference or cup final to be honest. Blues/Stars and Pens/Caps are going to be two incredible series as well.

Mzilliox
04-27-2016, 06:25 PM

the ducks have not made it yet, though i am pulling for em tonight!!!

And Pens vs Caps, what can i say, Its like the Stanley Cup early for this Pens fan. If we get by Washington, hello Cup!

F150
04-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Duck season! Wabbit season.
Duck season! Wabbit season!
Wabbit season! Duck season!! Fire!!!

rwsaunders
05-10-2016, 10:20 PM
I almost forgot...the Pens beat the Caps. That is all. :cool:

witcombusa
05-11-2016, 04:37 AM
It was a decent series, especially the last two games. Interesting how Presidents Cup team often don't do well historically in the post season.
I hope my boys have something for TB as they were swept in three games during the season...

BobC
05-11-2016, 06:47 AM
Pens - Lightning will be an entertaining series, speed vs more speed.

Tonight, TWO Western Conference game 7's. As a hockey fan, you cannot ask for more.

That is all.

geeter
05-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Indeed. Rutherford made some great moves this year. Pens are on fire

Mzilliox
05-11-2016, 10:57 AM
At seasons start, I thought the pens were a horrible team, no chemistry, no identity, no nothing. Now we just beat the Caps in 6!

Regular season means nothing, we just passed the real test, now its time for Tampa. I think its a good matchup that favors the pens, especially with their star sniper Stammer out of the lineup for now. i predict Penguins depth controls the series, Murray continues to be solid, and Crosby will find his game with a winger other than Sheary... Pens in 6 again.

zap
05-11-2016, 11:57 AM
I think the Caps have the most talent but do they have the playoff "grit" this year. Caps should get by Philly then face the waddling birds. Not liking how they (the Caps) played at the end of the regular season so I'm thinking that.........you might be right.

Congrats to the Pens.

Disappointed but not surprised that the Caps lost.

Looking forward to watching Blues/Stars game 7.

rwsaunders
05-27-2016, 07:41 AM
..."Toward the end of the Penguins' 2-1, Game 7, conference-clinching win over the Lightning, Nick Bonino turned on the bench and asked Bryan Rust if he was ready to be a Pittsburgh hero..." Let's Go Pens!

https://youtu.be/PHLKbesVg2Y

BobC
05-27-2016, 07:51 AM
Pens - Sharks should be a good series.

Sharks seem a more complete team. How they dispatched the Blues was impressive. Pens seemed more Jeckyll & Hyde.

As a neutral & a hockey fan, just looking for a competitive series.

My gut says Sharks in 6.

Mzilliox
05-27-2016, 09:14 AM
wooooooo goooooo PENS:beer:

they tried to shake us with that Stamkos thing.

Sharks will be a good matchup, they are paying very good hockey.

Pens in 6

Waldo
05-27-2016, 12:44 PM
Sharks will make pencils out of the Pens...

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-27-2016, 01:28 PM
Pens - Sharks should be a good series.

Sharks seem a more complete team. How they dispatched the Blues was impressive. Pens seemed more Jeckyll & Hyde.

As a neutral & a hockey fan, just looking for a competitive series.

My gut says Sharks in 6.

Sharks want it more.

geeter
05-27-2016, 01:29 PM
Thornton may have the best playoff beard in recent history

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Thornton may have the best playoff beard in recent history

Haha yeah, looks like a grizzly cub hanging.

geeter
05-27-2016, 01:32 PM
Also props to fleury for being a great team guy.

mnoble485
05-27-2016, 02:43 PM
..."Toward the end of the Penguins' 2-1, Game 7, conference-clinching win over the Lightning, Nick Bonino turned on the bench and asked Bryan Rust if he was ready to be a Pittsburgh hero..." Let's Go Pens!

https://youtu.be/PHLKbesVg2Y

RW, this was a great series (says the guy from Tampa Bay area) We were fast but your guys were a little faster.

See you next year.

Mike

rwsaunders
05-27-2016, 04:18 PM
RW, this was a great series (says the guy from Tampa Bay area) We were fast but your guys were a little faster.

See you next year.

Mike

Roger that Mike...it was just what the NHL wanted.

witcombusa
05-28-2016, 09:38 AM
Sharks want it more.

We shall see. Sid been waiting for another shot for 7 years. he needs a second cup to tie Super Mario.

I think they just might have 'a bigger boat' come Monday... :beer:

Mzilliox
06-02-2016, 09:19 AM
Go Penguins. Might be our year again:beer:

geeter
06-02-2016, 02:25 PM
It is. I read today that 44 of 49 teams in a seven game series lost after losing the fist l first two

Mzilliox
06-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Pens are looking hungry, what a win last night for a chance to close it out in Pittsburgh in 5! boys looked hungry last night, not our best game, but a desperate game, and one we really wanted to win to put SJ against the wall. I think this was all SJ had. I predict Pens win Thursday and Sid completes the best single season turnaround i have ever watched in sport.

rwsaunders
06-12-2016, 10:22 PM
La Coupe Stanley comes back to the 'Burgh...

https://youtu.be/s9GEZ1BmyhA

estilley
06-12-2016, 11:29 PM
What a game!

Congratulations Pittsburgh!

Mzilliox
06-13-2016, 09:06 AM
wooooooo goooooo PENS:beer:

they tried to shake us with that Stamkos thing.

Sharks will be a good matchup, they are paying very good hockey.

Pens in 6

Like I said, PENS in 6..... wooooo hoooo. Boys were way more hungry and much faster than the Sharks. While the Sharks (Jones) kept it close on the scoreboard, there was one team playing far superior hockey. the best team won! and wow, what a team, hard to pick an MVP when the whole team chips in that much.

My playoff beard is raging huge, so glad i get to shave finally.

PS, Thornton's beard is not a playoff beard, its a beard he grew and left on during playoffs. You gotta start your beard at playoffs. Maybe he would have been able to track the puck better without that thing on his face, same with Burns.

berserk87
06-13-2016, 09:47 AM
All in my family are sporting their Penguins shirts today. Happy fan.

witcombusa
06-13-2016, 09:51 AM
:banana:

Mzilliox
06-13-2016, 10:40 AM
All in my family are sporting their Penguins shirts today. Happy fan.

yup, mines not coming off today, but the beard is!

berserk87
06-13-2016, 02:25 PM
yup, mines not coming off today, but the beard is!

You grew a playoff beard? That's commitment, brother!

geeter
06-13-2016, 02:42 PM
Congrats Pens! Sharks surely won the playoff beard war!

geeter
06-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Also my beer league ends in two weeks and the NHL is over. This is a period of sports boredom for me.

Mzilliox
06-13-2016, 03:52 PM
You grew a playoff beard? That's commitment, brother!

every playoff season, its tradition. :beer:

Mzilliox
06-13-2016, 08:19 PM
I fanned it up pretty hard this playoffs. Indoor trainer work has never been so fanatical. Penguins colored bike even... not coincidental
https://c5.staticflickr.com/8/7395/27556284852_50a41acffb_o.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/HZ4arw)Go penguins trainer (https://flic.kr/p/HZ4arw) by Matt.zilliox (https://www.flickr.com/photos/41573599@N06/), on Flickr

rwsaunders
06-15-2016, 03:25 PM
My sons were at the Stanley Cup victory parade today...obviously they secured a good position along the parade route.