PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day

Rover-Rich
06-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Happy Father's Day to all! Anyone get out with their kids?

My son Andrew 5yrs wanted to go for a ride with daddy. So, we broke out the Co-Motion and did a quick little ride. Too bad it was cut short by rain. My son got a kick out of watching the numbers go up and down on the cyclocomputer I installed on the stoker handlebars. "Daddy!! The numbers are going down! Pedal faster and faster and faster!!" "Yes sir!" was my response :) :) A total blast! Cheers everyone! :beer:

Finally got the picture uploaded!

Kevan
06-18-2006, 06:19 PM
but then 90+ degrees has a way of stymieing one's enthusiasm.

I got my jollies of a ride yesterday. Today was for sleeping in, helping around the house, going to a movie, and having a nice dinner.

Leaving the theater and crossing the street there was a guy in a Duvel jersey letting me cross, he commented that it was better than the cold. Not for me it ain't.

Sandy
06-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Happy Fathers Day.

:) Pug #1 and Pug #2 :)

Kevan
06-18-2006, 06:28 PM
back at you.

Just don't wear that silly tie you got on next weekend's ride. Okay?

Ozz
06-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Got up at 6:00...watched Japan v. Croatia...fixed breakfast for my boys...watched most of first half of Brazil v. Australia...my wife then took them to her parents house while I did a quick 40 miles of hills with a buddy (70 degrees, partly sunny)...watched France v. South Korea...while drinking a couple Red Stripes...took a nap...wife put together a small tapas platter and fixed me a mojito. In about an hour I'll put some Copper River King on the grill with some asparagus, drown it with some Shingleback sparkling Shiraz (better with steak, but w-t-heck) ;) .

I love being a Dad! :beer:

catulle
06-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Happy day, y'all daddies. My daughter is in the mountains of Peru somewhere building an orphanage, atmo. I call her Mandela. She is 17 and goes to school in CT and she's got a good taste in bikes. She's got a great mom, and a better dad, ATMO...! :rolleyes:

Oh, shucks, I can't post pictures for some reason.

Kirk Pacenti
06-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Yes, A happy fathers day to all here who are so blessed. I can't post pics either, what's up?

gasman
06-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Of all the names I've been called- Dad is my favorite.

Erik.Lazdins
06-18-2006, 09:11 PM
I had a great one.

I got in a 2hour ride, rode with my daughter, and my son yakked on me!

dave thompson
06-18-2006, 09:39 PM
A beautiful day here in eastern Washington, a four-hour ride through the farmlands and wheatfields, a mess of baby back ribs with corn prepared by my wife and a sat phone call from the kid! Couldn't be any better.

Rover-Rich
06-18-2006, 10:44 PM
I had a great one.

my son yakked on me!

Oh yes, forgot about that one too :) 6 wk old daughter did a hicca-puke on me this AM-- good morning :)

dave thompson
06-18-2006, 10:56 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/155616/babies_and_fathers/

72gmc
06-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Up early with the girls (the 18-month old likes my french toast) and then it was a great day... watching some soccer, walking the dog to the local coffee shop for treats, taking a bit of a nap, going to see my dad and brother. No ride, and my wife got to sleep in, but that's okay. I plan to make good on both of those omissions.

Hope you all had a great Father's Day. And thanks for mentioning the sat phone call, Dave T. I was hoping you'd get one.

Lincoln
06-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Of all the names I've been called- Dad is my favorite.

I like that!

I had great plans, but ended up spending the day supporting friends who lost a family member yesterday. Did manage to sneak in a 1hr ride though.

Dekonick
06-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Best week yet!

No cycling to report on (still remodeling the basement. Agreement with the wife is no (long) rides until it is done -)

but

My son called me Da Da!!!! hehe - his first word where he KNEW what he was saying. He says it whenever he sees me and points + smiles!!! :) :)

he also is now on his third american sign language sign. It is amazing how fast they learn ASL. Food, More, Book. What more could you want on fathers day? (who am I kidding - he still loves his mommy more than daddy - but I am a CLOSE second!)

sure wish he would let me tow him faster than 15mph in the trailer. For whatever reason when I get 15+ mph he doesn't enjoy it. Perhaps when he gets a little older... cant expect too much from a 12 month old. :)

znfdl
06-19-2006, 07:58 AM
My family and I watched the DC Velo race in downtown Silver Spring. A good day was had by all.

RABikes2
06-19-2006, 09:51 AM
For those Daddy's with children :) and even to those of you that have the 4 legged kind of "kids" :D , hope you had a wonderful HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

RA
Dave T...great to read you got a call from your son! ;)

Kirk Pacenti
06-19-2006, 10:04 AM
It doesn't get any better than this! :D

RABikes2
06-19-2006, 10:14 AM
It doesn't get any better than this! :D
Your little one is ABSOLUTELY beautiful Kirk!!!!!! What great days you must have watching him! :) :)
RA

davids
06-19-2006, 10:26 AM
My 13-year-old returned from her first solo trip (to friends in Chicago) on Friday. We picked up ribs from the local trailer as soon as she got home, and had the first phase of Father's Day Friday evening, complete with an ice cream run to JP Licks to round out the evening.

Saturday evening we had friends (including 2 other fathers!) over - More meat (sausages, and hot dogs for the kids...) Good food, good drinks, great conversation. It was a late night for all of us.

But I was up and out Sunday by 7:30 (meeting up with one of our Saturday guests) for 55 miles. We had a great ride through the hot-hotter morning, and I returned to greet my wife and daughter as they whipped up the leftover BBQ for lunch. We spent a few hours getting my daughter packed for camp(s), I opened my cards and present, and then we hung out together and watched a stupid Lindsey Lohan movie. We finished the leftovers at a picnic in the Blue Hills, watching the sunset.

Next weekend, I shuttle my wife and daughter to their summer post at the family camp in Maine. The weekend after that, I start 'commuting' back and forth... This was the last 'normal' weekend we'll have until late August.

...I keep meaning to share one of the Bat Mitzvah photos. I'm at the wrong PC, though. That was a high point of fatherhood so far!

Kirk Pacenti
06-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Your little one is ABSOLUTELY beautiful Kirk!!!!!! What great days you must have watching him! :) :)
RA

RA,

Thank you. He brings more joy to our lives than words can express.