PDA

View Full Version : Tubular tire pressure

Rover-Rich
06-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Does anyone run tire pressures less than what is recommended on the sidewalls? I'm asking as I'd like to run my Veloflex carbons at a lower pressure during training rides to soften things up a bit. Am I more likely to flat at the lower pressure? Thanks.

catulle
06-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Does anyone run tire pressures less than what is recommended on the sidewalls? I'm asking as I'd like to run my Veloflex carbons at a lower pressure during training rides to soften things up a bit. Am I more likely to flat at the lower pressure? Thanks.

I usually keep my tubies "rock hard" just because that's the way we used to do it 40 years ago. Not a good reason, is it? With clinchers I tend to ride them a little softer just because it doesn't bother me to do so, and the ride is nicer, of course. Anyway, I believe that it is easier to get a flat on a very hard tubie than on one that's not so hard (provided that the pressure is not too low, of course), all else being equal, atmo.

H.Frank Beshear
06-18-2006, 04:53 PM
I have been running around 80-85 in the challenges and 90-100 in the vittoria paves. You wont pinch flat them so thats not a problem. Try it at a lower pressure see if it feels right and adjust. If you want some pics from TOMRV pm me an e-mail addie I'll send some out to you. Frank