PDA

View Full Version : Threaded PF30 BB - Enduro vs Wheels MFG ?

R332
04-09-2016, 11:31 PM
I need to stop messing around with standard PF30 BBs and get something smooth and silent for my carbon frame w/Campagnolo crankset. Too much time on Google has led me to the Enduro Torqtite and Wheels Manufacturing Threaded BBs and I would probably be silly and opt for the ceramic bearings.

Does anyone have firsthand experience, good or bad, with either brand? Are there other good options that I have overlooked? FWIW, I don't ride a lot in the rain.

Iansir
04-09-2016, 11:44 PM
Going through the same issue...
A well respected frame builder recommended the wheels manufacturing option to me - he thought it was the best and most economical option.

I ordered it and recieved today...will be installing later this week.

sw3759
04-09-2016, 11:47 PM
*deleted my remarks after I noticed you were running campy ut cranks w/bearings in the crank not the cups..i'm using the 24mm pf30 wheels mfg unit

hollowgram5
04-10-2016, 03:10 AM
Check out Praxis Works conversion BB for Ultra-torque. It's got a groove for the snap ring and everything. My old shop in San Diego used them all the time.

Blown Reek
04-10-2016, 05:59 AM
What Campagnolo cranks are you running?

oldpotatoe
04-10-2016, 06:01 AM
I need to stop messing around with standard PF30 BBs and get something smooth and silent for my carbon frame w/Campagnolo crankset. Too much time on Google has led me to the Enduro Torqtite and Wheels Manufacturing Threaded BBs and I would probably be silly and opt for the ceramic bearings.

Does anyone have firsthand experience, good or bad, with either brand? Are there other good options that I have overlooked? FWIW, I don't ride a lot in the rain.

Wheels or Parlee adapter(think they have PFBB30, maybe just BB30?).

R332
04-10-2016, 09:07 AM
What Campagnolo cranks are you running?

2014 version Over-Torque.