PDA

View Full Version : OT: Rogue One "This is a rebellion, isnt it?"

livingminimal
04-07-2016, 05:00 PM
"I rebel."

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wji-BZ0oCwg?html5=1

When I was a kid, and really ever since, I always wanted to know...how did they steal the plans for both death stars? We know Leia's ship was transporting them in A New Hope, and we know "many bothans died...to bring us this information" for Return of the Jedi....now we will have the answer for the first, and it gives me major goosebumps....

Cant wait...more excited for this than I am Episode VIII.

also: Grand Moff Wilhoff Tarkin looks like a BAD ASS.

tiretrax
04-07-2016, 05:23 PM
"I rebel."

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wji-BZ0oCwg?html5=1

When I was a kid, and really ever since, I always wanted to know...how did they steal the plans for both death stars? We know Leia's ship was transporting them in A New Hope, and we know "many bothans died...to bring us this information" for Return of the Jedi....now we will have the answer for the first, and it gives me major goosebumps....

Cant wait...more excited for this than I am Episode VIII.

also: Grand Moff Wilhoff Tarkin looks like a BAD ASS.

It's gotta be better than the last one - a retread of everything that came before it.

FlashUNC
04-07-2016, 05:29 PM
They have not said who Mendelsohn is playing as that Empire villain in white, but I doubt it's Tarkin. He's entirely too young based on the timeline they're working with to align with Tarkin in A New Hope.

livingminimal
04-07-2016, 05:52 PM
They have not said who Mendelsohn is playing as that Empire villain in white, but I doubt it's Tarkin. He's entirely too young based on the timeline they're working with to align with Tarkin in A New Hope.

I don't think the age thing will stick much. He's darth's boss. There is none higher, sucka MCs they call me sire....

The Notorious GMWT is pretty important to the overall story. I'd lay even money it's him

livingminimal
04-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Also the rank insignia he shows...that's Tarkin status.

jet sanchez
04-07-2016, 06:24 PM
This takes place before the original Star Wars?

CampyorBust
04-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Overall this looks better than the last one, but that was a catastrophe so it aint sayin much.:D

David Tollefson
04-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Since when is anything Star Wars OT?

livingminimal
04-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Ok I might be wrong on the Gran Moff thing...WOW!

https://www.inverse.com/article/13941-does-ben-mendelsohn-play-grand-moff-tarkin-in-rogue-one

ultraman6970
04-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Im a sw fan but I believe they need to just stop with the movies and make like a tv show or something, why? well... there's no magic as the 1st trilogy. Everything is cgi now a days and we are losing the ability to get impressed, saw the last one and did not get bored but i went out feeling like... "meh!!"

My 1st complain, Han Solo and Princess Leia got as a son a Skeksis from the Dark Crystal. So much other stuff they could have done IMO but well... gonna have to wait 8 more years to see Luke actually fighting or something?

As for Rogue one, why not make that a mini TV series like they did with Galactica? I'm going to watch it but have no idea what to think about the movie because a lot of stuff that came out of the original trilogy never been too good to start with.

Tickdoc
04-07-2016, 09:28 PM
Looks good to me!

I loves me some Star Wars, but I don't know much beyond the movies that are already out.

I still use my yoda Magic 8- ball to answer big life decisions.
:D

Also, Besides the new paceline headset caps, this one is boss:

http://clippedin.bike/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/thumbnail.jpg

FlashUNC
04-07-2016, 10:32 PM
The Rebels had just seized the plans in A New Hope. Unlikely Tarkin would age 20 years in the span of this story to make it all align.

And Id think theyd have just released his characters name already.

MattTuck
04-07-2016, 10:39 PM
The Rebels had just seized the plans in A New Hope. Unlikely Tarkin would age 20 years in the span of this story to make it all align.

And Id think theyd have just released his characters name already.

With all the hyperspace travel that goes on, and special relativity, who knows how that would affect our perception of someone's age ;)