PDA

View Full Version : OT: George Carlin appreciation

CampyorBust
04-06-2016, 11:44 AM
So much good material, watching now a gold mine of awesome nuggets. Perhaps the best one...

https://youtu.be/hkCR-w3AYOE

Not in this bit but found later in the skit - "dumber than a second coat of paint" I never got that one, I always thought a second coat of paint was muy beuno at least when it came to bikes.

soulspinner
04-06-2016, 03:51 PM
like the way he saw things....

ultraman6970
04-06-2016, 06:43 PM
+1

MikeD
04-06-2016, 08:30 PM
I like the one he did on saving the planet.

Tickdoc
04-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Saw him the year he passed... So good.

fkelly
04-07-2016, 08:11 AM
+1 also. Watch the one on religion that's next up after the one posted here.

He was a linguist and sociologist and social analyst on top of being a great comedian. I'd love to hear his insights on the current Trump/Cruz b.s.

Ray
04-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Oh yeah, he was the man. I saw him twice - once back in the '70s when he was the hippy-dippy weatherman ("darkness predicted for tonight with light likely to appear by morning") and doing the seven words you couldn't say on TV. And the second time was on the tour when he was doing the rap in the first youtube referenced here. It hadn't gone viral yet by the time my wife and I caught his act and when he did that bit it took everyone a few seconds to catch our breath before the wild applause started. A comic genius nearly on the level of Richard Pryor - I can't think of anyone else who's on it and I don't think the next level is even close...

BTW that religion bit is also great. Depending on your perspective, at least. For me, hilarious and insightful. For many, probably incredibly offensive...

-Ray

slidey
04-07-2016, 11:18 AM
I like his brand of comedy - a rational persepective, delivered with resplendent humour.

His piece on religion was the initial draw.

CampyorBust
04-08-2016, 10:23 AM
Absolutely the religion bit is very good.

bluesea
04-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Not sure if it was included in the vid, but his baseball-football skit on the old, old, old SNL was absolutely brilliant.

72gmc
04-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Had the chance to meet him back when I was a radio producer. He was promoting his book, Brain Droppings. It wasn't long after he lost his wife. He was one of the most courteous, humble, respectful guests I ever dealt with. I can't remember if he took coffee or tea.