PDA

View Full Version : DW Tweet: "British Tour de France cyclists" among those implicated.

Tony T
04-03-2016, 08:04 AM
Dan Wouri tweet: https://twitter.com/dwuori/status/716398521302196224

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfEopqwUYAAEggG.jpg:large

berserk87
04-03-2016, 08:43 AM
I hope that this is not true, but it would explain some things if it is.

saab2000
04-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Probably a few nervous riders right about now.

PQJ
04-03-2016, 08:47 AM
Well, duh!

dancinkozmo
04-03-2016, 08:59 AM
that "spice girl" story looks intriguing

csm
04-03-2016, 09:38 AM
I saw this earlier. First reaction.... Not surprised. Second probably related to the first..... Meh. Nothing's changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CampyorBust
04-03-2016, 09:43 AM
Lamb Chops!

shovelhd
04-03-2016, 12:04 PM
Who the hell is Peaches?

Tony T
04-03-2016, 12:07 PM
Who the hell is Peaches?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine/the-sunday-times-magazine/tom-cohen-i-refused-to-lose-myself-and-become-a-traumatised-grief-stricken-single-father-2swd3lx69

jpw
04-03-2016, 12:12 PM
Millar, hopefully.

jpw
04-03-2016, 12:13 PM
here in the UK it already seems clear that the government wants the media to focus on the doctor and not the sports or athletes, and the media will do that to protect their economic vested interest in the EPL circus.

MattTuck
04-03-2016, 12:53 PM
gossip and innuendo at this point.

I'd like to hear what this doctor has to say under oath.

Tickdoc
04-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Condolences to the family of the clipper yachtswoman.

jpw
04-03-2016, 01:17 PM
it won't be Froome. he's never in the UK unless there's a TdF stage there.

shovelhd
04-03-2016, 01:32 PM
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine/the-sunday-times-magazine/tom-cohen-i-refused-to-lose-myself-and-become-a-traumatised-grief-stricken-single-father-2swd3lx69

Woosh

54ny77
04-03-2016, 01:35 PM
special bangers and mash.

CunegoFan
04-03-2016, 02:04 PM
Millar, hopefully.

Good ol' Millar, the guy who was presenting himself as the voice of reformed dopers and the go-to person all media should talk to about the subject even as his team manager caught him falling off the wagon.

Len J
04-03-2016, 02:15 PM
10's shocked

len

Black Dog
04-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Memories of 2006's Operation Puerito. I bet just like then, only the cyclists get named. The other sports have the cash to keep things quiet, especially soccer/football.

BobbyJones
04-03-2016, 02:23 PM
This, my friends, is the reason I no longer follow pro cycling.

If you're looking to be inspired by human spirit instead of science, go cheer the tail end finishers of a local 5k.

ultraman6970
04-03-2016, 02:47 PM
A few deaths are linked to the last name geldoff, like michael Hutchence for example.

Woosh

berserk87
04-03-2016, 03:21 PM
I know I don't get out much, but I still don't know who Geldhoff is, nor Peaches.

The only Peaches that I can recall is a stripper from Newark, NJ, and the lady in the photo ain't her.

Heck, I was surprised to hear that it is a presidential election year, yesterday, so there you go.

Tony T
04-03-2016, 03:23 PM
I don't like Mondays
Band Aid
Live Aid

ultraman6970
04-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Bob geldoff is a UK singer, was famous for I dont like mondays and "band aid" that got two songs to gather money for african kids and stuff... the other song was "do they know is xmass?" that was released for xmass obviously.

And if you dont know that, then you must know pink floyd's The Wall, where geldoff did the main character (named pink i believe).

And if you are like 20 y/o and really have no idea aboout pink floyd, well I dont blame you :D Kids now a days have no idea who neil armstrong is, but well they know who KK is :P

bob geldoff got marrried with a tv personality (she was a drug addict), peaches Was the daughter of bob and this woman, in the middle this woman which cant remember the name ended with Michael Hutchence (INXS vocalist) and got a baby girl, Geldoff did not want to give rights to Hutchance over his daughter (the daughter between Hutchence and geldoff ex wife) and Hutchence ended up killing himself like in 1997 due to this and the fact that the dude looks like did not want to be famous, they became drug addicts and the finally kill themselves. Years later geldoff ex wife died aswell, overdoze I believe and then peaches a few years later too.

In several books and documentaries they paint geldoff as king A...h.

ps: THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SUBJECT ok?

Tickdoc
04-03-2016, 05:06 PM
The only Peaches that I can recall is a stripper from Newark, NJ, and the lady in the photo ain't her.

Classic:beer:

livingminimal
04-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Peaches: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peaches_(musician)

I can't believe she's ····ing 47 years old now. Crazy.

BobbyJones
04-03-2016, 08:04 PM
It's not THAT Peaches, but I like where your heads at.

I kinda put her up there with Wendy O for some reason.

Peaches: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peaches_(musician)

I can't believe she's ����ing 47 years old now. Crazy.

berserk87
04-03-2016, 08:39 PM
Bob geldoff is a UK singer, was famous for I dont like mondays and "band aid" that got two songs to gather money for african kids and stuff... the other song was "do they know is xmass?" that was released for xmass obviously.

And if you dont know that, then you must know pink floyd's The Wall, where geldoff did the main character (named pink i believe).

And if you are like 20 y/o and really have no idea aboout pink floyd, well I dont blame you :D Kids now a days have no idea who neil armstrong is, but well they know who KK is :P

bob geldoff got marrried with a tv personality (she was a drug addict), peaches Was the daughter of bob and this woman, in the middle this woman which cant remember the name ended with Michael Hutchence (INXS vocalist) and got a baby girl, Geldoff did not want to give rights to Hutchance over his daughter (the daughter between Hutchence and geldoff ex wife) and Hutchence ended up killing himself like in 1997 due to this and the fact that the dude looks like did not want to be famous, they became drug addicts and the finally kill themselves. Years later geldoff ex wife died aswell, overdoze I believe and then peaches a few years later too.

Thanks. After all of that, this knowledge nets me a shoulder shrug and a "meh", but it was nice of you to take the effort to explain who these people are.

Yeah, we got off on a tangent, but the original topic offered some mighty thin gruel. Another doping allegation - just the tip of the iceberg and we don't really know anything yet.

Sounds like you know your music. I am not a Floyd fan, but do recall Band Aid and Live Aid, and the songs you noted.

jpw
04-04-2016, 05:05 AM

He's Irish.

oldpotatoe
04-04-2016, 06:17 AM
that "spice girl" story looks intriguing

Sporty Spice has the same last name as me.....strange but true. Not related, I don't think.

:D

Black Dog
04-04-2016, 06:32 AM
Sporty Spice has the same last name as me.....strange but true. Not related, I don't think.

:D

Given the age difference and the fact you were a sailor....Daughter??? ;)

jpw
04-04-2016, 06:46 AM
Good ol' Millar, the guy who was presenting himself as the voice of reformed dopers and the go-to person all media should talk to about the subject even as his team manager caught him falling off the wagon.

Millar is 'vacant'.

ultraman6970
04-04-2016, 07:45 AM
Do you see? I did not know that at all :) Tomato - tomito :P

He's Irish.

oldpotatoe
04-04-2016, 08:10 AM

Hope not...;)

bobswire
04-04-2016, 08:17 AM

Yeah, but they were smart enough to keep him in the air not on shore leave.;)

Black Dog
04-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Yeah, but they were smart enough to keep him in the air not on shore leave.;)

Naval Aviator....have you not seen Top Gun?

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/styles/tout_image_612x380/public/i/2011/08/23/Top-Gun_240.jpg?itok=GELzP7lw

jpw
04-04-2016, 10:03 AM
Dan Stevens? never heard of him. Doper turned stool pigeon.