PDA

View Full Version : ...

cadence90
04-02-2016, 04:55 PM
.... ..

buldogge
04-02-2016, 05:11 PM
I don't use Ariones...but...with Aliantes, I found the VS version to be "firmer"...FWIW.

-Mark in St. Louis

Bob Ross
04-02-2016, 05:41 PM
with Aliantes, I found the VS version to be "firmer"...

Interesting... I almost get what you are saying, but I don't think it would ever occur to me to use "firmer" to describe the difference.
But in any case, there most definitely is a difference between the regular Aliante and the Aliante VS, so I would presume the Arione and Arione VS are similarly different. Or even dissimilarly different. Definitely different. Probably...

Raffy
04-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Went from Arione (for 2 years) to Antares (for 6 mos, but it really didn't bother me that bad) then to Arione VSX currently.

The VSX has noticeable relief but not as bad (for me) as full cutouts. The main thing I had to get used to is sitting my ass/sit bones on 2 separate planks vs. 1 continuous piece. Otherwise, I can feel a relief especially in the pressure the front part of my taint when getting low or riding the drops. And no issues with "edges" digging in for me. The padding is thicker, less dense but not necessarily softer.

As always, YMMV.

veloduffer
04-04-2016, 07:02 PM
The VSX version is much firmer and I find the channels too sharp and uncomfortable. The "regular" Versus is much more comfy and the less firm, closer to the Classic but slightly firmer.

I have read other comments that found the VSX channels too sharp as well.

spartanKid
04-04-2016, 07:09 PM
I normally ride the regular Arione. I tried my friend's Arione VSX for a trip around the block and thought it was awful. The edges of the channel were too "edgy" and they dug into the under-carriage. I also had a Fizik Poggio (has a similar channel like the ordinary VS) on a used bike I bought that I rode around town, and I really disliked those edges too.

I get along fine with a toupe with a cutout, so I know that I am relatively compatible with the cutout and the non-cutout saddles. I think I just don't like the way Fizik does the relief channels.

Obviously YMMV.

cadence90
04-04-2016, 07:15 PM
.... ..

Powerfibers
04-04-2016, 07:40 PM
I would agree. I have the Aliante VSX and wish I'd bought the regular version. The channel is rigid and has a way of finding ways to dig into parts you didn't know you had.