PDA

View Full Version : Cyclist Magazine

Plum Hill
03-31-2016, 03:16 PM
Is anyone finding Cyclist magazine hard to find these days?
The local Barnes and Noble and Books A Million haven't had it since last fall. Enquiries have been answered with "we don't know".

LegendRider
03-31-2016, 03:18 PM
The local Barnes and Noble and Books A Million haven't had it since last fall. Enquiries have been answered with "we don't know".

I saw it at my local Barnes & Noble in Atlanta just last week.

kingpin75s
03-31-2016, 03:28 PM
Odd. Different Local different sales driving stock? Picked it up at B&N this week as well.

fignon's barber
03-31-2016, 06:27 PM
I had this problem a few years ago with RIDE magazine and Barnes &N. Basically, there is a person at your store who orders inventory from a form. Ask for this person and they can show you: 1. if it was ordered, and 2. how many. They can then order it and hold one at the front counter for you.

ultraman6970
03-31-2016, 07:01 PM
B and N still in business???

PacNW2Ford
03-31-2016, 09:56 PM

Still have them in Portland...

Plum Hill
03-31-2016, 10:18 PM
Both stores I've mentioned have their periodical section serviced by an outside vendor.
Both stores are in Illinois in the St. Louis metro area. One is in an upscale college town.
Both stores previously carried Cyclist and routinely sold out each issue.
B&N person said their previous vendor had gone out of business; current vendor is new to them. At one time store personnel could tell me when a magazine came in, how many copies came in, and how many were sold. Gal today said they're not supposed to give that info to customers.

Jad
04-01-2016, 12:21 AM
I think I saw a copy recently at a B&N in MA. Interesting--I wouldn't have thought there was much of a market for individual copies (or that inventory would vary). Some stores used to actually carry Cyclocross Magazine, but haven't seen that available in a while.

JamesEsq
04-01-2016, 08:08 AM
Haven't seen it at any B&N's in northeast Ohio.