PDA

View Full Version : B2b

TimD
06-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Good luck to those Forumites riding the Harpoon B2B ride tomorrow. The forecast is for partly cloudy skies, temperatures around 80 degrees F. and a crossing wind (SW 5-10 MPH).

If its your first time doing this event, let me say the beer at the end is really fresh, really cold, and really plentiful :)

I'll be riding my blue/polish 63cm Legend, hopefully in a crew of 6-10, if anyone wants to join the train.

Bradford
06-16-2006, 10:17 AM
I wish I were around to do it again this year. Last year's ride was great, rain and all.

Larry D
06-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Steve - I will miss riding the B2B with you this year. I enjoyed your company last year. I hope all is well for you out in CO.

Tim D - I will look for you out on the road. I will be on my Legend and will be leading the 2nd of the 16mph peletons out from S. Boston. The weather is looking great. Remember the sun screen.

To other forumites, this is a great ride. If you get a chance to sign up for next year's ride go for it. This year there are 452 registered riders and Harpoon stopped the waiting list after 100. Who would have thought there would be that many cyclist looking to "torture themselves", but...it is a great ride through beautiful scenery, with great people and a great cookout and beer at the finish. :beer: The proceeds from the ride are being split between Team Psycho's Development Program and Harpoon Care's Charity. :banana: :banana:

botchcasually
06-16-2006, 09:51 PM
but I crashed at the end of March and spent two months on the DL. I'm back now, but not quite up to scratch to carve out the 140 miles. I'll be quaffing an IPA or two in Vermont :beer: , this time next year though.

TimD
06-17-2006, 03:52 AM
Bummah! Well, it is 4:51 AM, I'm finishing up my toast & PB, and heading off into the sunrise :)

See you out there next year!

Larry D
06-18-2006, 07:26 AM
The B2B was once again a memorable ride. :) There was a group at the finish line cheering and congratulating everyone on as they came in which really made you feel good after a full day in the saddle. :banana: :banana: :banana: This year the weather cooperated with us even though it threathened to rain, the rain held off until about 4PM after most of the riders had finished.

There were a lot of Serottas on the course. Most were Legends. There was also a georgous baby blue Nove, belonging to Lauren Heffron of Cuclismo Classico.

Mark McCormack, from the Colivataa Team, participated in the ride and I saw him fly by me in a pace line in full Colivita kit.

What some people will do to get a beer, 136 miles for a beer. The barbeque and beer :beer: at the end are a very good reason to do the ride as well as the beautiful scenery along the route. According to my bike computer the ride has 6900 feet of climbing. The folks at Harpoon really know how to put on an event.

It would be nice to get a "Forum Group" togther for next year's ride. This year the ride sold out very quickly, 452 riders.

Bradford, I thought of you as I was riding and next year you will need to cash in some of those frequent flyer miles and come back east to ride. You can stay with Judy and me.

Now to relax and enjoy a beautiful day in Vermont.

Bradford
06-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Larry,

I wore my '05 B2B jersey today in your honor. I didn't have time for 136 miles, but I did ride every hill I could find within two hours of my house.

I'd love to get back and do the ride again, but there are some nice rides out west too, so I may see if I can squeeze some of those in next year.