PDA

View Full Version : Rapha question

CPP
03-30-2016, 01:52 PM
I've lurked on the Rapha site for a long time until a post on this forum prompted me to try out their merino base layer. Yikes, I've become addicted to the product and now own all of their variants.

That experience promted me to buy a couple of sets of bibs/jerseys. All the hype around their products aside, I am liking their stuff quite a bit.

My question for all you Rapha enthusiasts; Does their chamois cream really exist ? I mean, does it really exist in those nice black tins , shown on their site? Or, does it only exist in the little sample packet that they entice you with????

bloody sunday
03-30-2016, 02:28 PM
I've lurked on the Rapha site for a long time until a post on this forum prompted me to try out their merino base layer. Yikes, I've become addicted to the product and now own all of their variants.

That experience promted me to buy a couple of sets of bibs/jerseys. All the hype around their products aside, I am liking their stuff quite a bit.

My question for all you Rapha enthusiasts; Does their chamois cream really exist ? I mean, does it really exist in those nice black tins , shown on their site? Or, does it only exist in the little sample packet that they entice you with????

I don't understand the question - of course it exists.
I prefer Assos cream though, so I guess I don't really know if it truly exists.

FlashUNC
03-30-2016, 02:41 PM
It does in the tins. I've used both it and the Assos and prefer the Rapha between the two.

My personal favorite is the house brand Above Category stuff, but I'm working through a tin of the Rapha stuff before I trudge over to buy more of the AC bits.

CPP
03-30-2016, 02:49 PM
I don't understand the question - of course it exists.
I prefer Assos cream though, so I guess I don't really know if it truly exists.

It was a joke:rolleyes: It never seems to be in stock.

Flash, what do you like more about the AC?

FlashUNC
03-30-2016, 02:57 PM
Seems to split the difference between the two consistency-wise, less of that strong pine forest smell of the Rapha.

But you're right, the Rapha is rarely in stock. Last time it was I bought two tins. Hence the winding my way through the stock now...

CPP
03-30-2016, 03:01 PM
If you don't mind, how do the AC versus Rapha match up as far as longevity (all things being equal)? I seem to go through a jar of Assos pretty quickly.

FlashUNC
03-30-2016, 03:19 PM
I'd say the AC hangs around a touch longer. Maybe not quite as long as the Assos, but still more than enough for me.

I've had tins from all three last me quite a while, so perhaps I'm not as heavy a user as others.

cderalow
03-30-2016, 03:30 PM
I love their jerseys, gilets, coats... haven;t tried bibs yet. hard to swallow the cost even at sale prices.

danielpack22@ma
03-30-2016, 07:49 PM
I really like their chamois cream. On the rare occasion they have it in stock I buy enough to qualify for free shipping...:cool:

odonnebj
03-30-2016, 07:55 PM
With their Pro Team Bibs I've discovered that I don't need chamois cream... even on long rides. If I ever do feel the need to use something, I revert to A&D Ointment. No, not a joke. The stuff works!

bloody sunday
03-31-2016, 12:17 AM

:D

I like that it works - don't ever feel the need to reapply mid ride (as if I could even do that) But they're also paired with the most comfortable bibs on the planet (Assos S5 gen)

oldpotatoe
03-31-2016, 06:22 AM

Pretty sure the AC stuff is repackaged Assos..