PDA

View Full Version : Campy RetroMod Question!

Chefrider
03-30-2016, 08:21 AM
Hello all. I just restored a 1974-1976? Fiorelli built super light Fausto Coppi frame. I believe it was built with a 5 speed drivetrain. I currently have it built with a 9 speed campy wheel converted to a single speed with campy compatible spacers. I have a chorus 9 speed derailler I'd like to run as a 1x9. I started to put the derailler on the frame and it started on well, then got more difficult. I don't want to force it as it may strip the steel frame. Has anyone used a newer drivetrain with an older frame? Please shed some light. Thanks. -Anthony.

oldpotatoe
03-30-2016, 08:57 AM
Hello all. I just restored a 1974-1976? Fiorelli built super light Fausto Coppi frame. I believe it was built with a 5 speed drivetrain. I currently have it built with a 9 speed campy wheel converted to a single speed with campy compatible spacers. I have a chorus 9 speed derailler I'd like to run as a 1x9. I started to put the derailler on the frame and it started on well, then got more difficult. I don't want to force it as it may strip the steel frame. Has anyone used a newer drivetrain with an older frame? Please shed some light. Thanks. -Anthony.

Find a bike shop with the proper 10by1 tap and have them run it through the Der hanger then the Der will go on fine. Threads probably just a bit dirty.

icepick_trotsky
03-30-2016, 09:00 AM
+1. Retap will take 15 seconds and solve your problem.