PDA

View Full Version : Miche Products?

97CSI
06-16-2006, 07:07 AM
Anyone know anything about Miche products? www.miche.it. They have been around quite a while and 'looks' decent. But, am wondering how their cassettes shift, etc.

Fat Robert
06-16-2006, 07:10 AM
I had that stuff on a track bike

it works

97CSI
06-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Big difference between one cog and 9/10. Am wondering about the shifting performance and quality. Thanks.

sspielman
06-16-2006, 07:20 AM
Miche makes parts in two very distinct categories..a low range for recreational-type bikes and a very high range. The better parts are the "Supertype" range. The range includes hubs, crankset, pedals, seatpost, and cogs. The crankset and seatpost are remarkably drilled out...and beautifully finished. The cogsets of this range are a specialty item, very accurately machined of a hard aluminum alloy...so they are a special event item. There is also a lower range of cogs that are the rough quality equivalent to Veloce....loose cogs, decent shifting, but not quite the level of Chorus or Record. The #10 cog on this set is offset, just like Campag, so they should be perfectly interchangeable with no derailleur adjustments. If you get a set, make sure that you get this offset cog and special spacer...since they come as loose cogs, a careless shop could just select 10 of the same type.....

cs124
06-16-2006, 07:21 AM
Big difference between one cog and 9/10. Am wondering about the shifting performance and quality. Thanks.

they also make casettes to fit shimano splines with campy spacing and vice versa...one of my friends uses a chorus hub and 105 der. & shifters on his rain bike and it works fine.

Birddog
06-16-2006, 08:57 AM
I have a Campy compatible 12/28 that works just fine with a short cage derailleur. Like Spielman said, it's not Record or Chorus quality, but it does the job. Others always comment about how shiny it looks, I think it's chrome plated. It weighs a ton relatively speaking, but the price was right and you can get just about any combo you want. I ordered mine from Reparto Corse, it was about $70 or $80.

Birddog

vandeda
06-16-2006, 03:36 PM
I got their lower end one. 13-26 10-speed cassette. It was way cheaper than the Campy Veloce I was going to get, I needed a lockring too which the Miche comes with, but the Campy does not, and one source (that I forget) I was reading said they believed it was a little better quality than Veloce. So little better than Veloce at about half the cost (when the lockring is included in the mix).

So far it shifts just fine, but I can't speak of longevity. I only have 92 miles on the bike. But frankly, for longevity, I'll probably be putting on no more than 500 miles on this particular bike, so it will last forever anyway

Dan

ChrisK
06-17-2006, 09:45 AM
I've used various Miche components over the years and they are usually pretty good, but not as good as high end Campy stuff.

Miche make a very cool seat post with cast-in holes near the top. Does anyone know of a place that stocks them in silver?

Fixed
06-17-2006, 10:05 AM
I use their pedals they work fine .
cheers