PDA

View Full Version : stores that stock Sidi shoes - know any good ones?

The Spider
06-16-2006, 06:44 AM
Folks I need help...

my mojo has wained and my solution is to purchase a pair of Sidi Genius 5 in white...

plus I have so many pairs of white socks that just clash with my black ones...

any way the great people at Competitive Cyclist have sold out...of size 49...(lot of cow for the money!)

you folks know any wonderful people who stock Sidi shoes that I can contact regarding any stock...

cs124
06-16-2006, 06:57 AM
...always ride down beach rd tomorrow morning and check out JK and Le Nicks. :p

Bruce K
06-16-2006, 07:00 AM
I've had good luck with obtuse's store as a brick-and mortar store for Sidi's.

Also Excel Sports and Total Cycling for on-line purchases.

BK

CalfeeFly
06-16-2006, 07:02 AM
I suspect my shop will have the new CSC Sidi which comes in white. Carbon sole and it looks like an 07 model. I just looked at one yesterday. I think they just came in so a 49 should be there. He gets full size runs.

These are going to be hard to find. Sidi limited which shops received them.

Have your money ready. This model isn't cheap.

The shop is in Gig Bang Bicycles; Pittsburgh, PA; 412-462-4600 and ask for Glenn the owner. They get really busy really fast everday so I'd try around 9:50 A.M. or just hope for the best. I'd explain why you need him. He does a lot of fittings and gets involved in them. Beth although a new employee is the next best bet to explain what you want and she can get the message to him.

If you want the lower end Zeta they came in white and are probably still available through a search of on-line retailers.

CalfeeFly
06-16-2006, 07:03 AM
Make that Big Bang not Gig Bang. I seemed to have a case of spastic fingers. :banana:

The Spider
06-16-2006, 07:48 AM
Total cycling, CC, boulder, excel, parkers, probikekit, awcycles (UK), bikeworld, cbike/chicagoland, R&C cycles - checked!

the Genius 5.5 (carbon sole) is only available up to 48 like all carbon soled Sidi's.

thank you for the efforts so far...

Bruce K
06-16-2006, 08:07 AM
I'll repeat the suggestion that you contact "obtuse".

His shop is a Sidi dealer and he may be able to "work a little magic" for you.

BK

FuerteTi04
06-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Easy one: bought my pair of Sidi Genius at Wheat Ridge Cyclery (Denver suburb). They're great--give 'em a call and they'll fix you up. They stock all things Sidi. http://ridewrc.com/index.cfm

H1449-6
06-16-2006, 09:32 AM
size 49...(lot of cow for the money!)

I don't think there's any cow in a Sidi, unless cows produce Lorica. I could be wrong.

Good luck on your search.

H1449-6
06-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Easy one: bought my pair of Sidi Genius at Wheat Ridge Cyclery (Denver suburb). They're great--give 'em a call and they'll fix you up. They stock all things Sidi. http://ridewrc.com/index.cfm

Do you know who supplies that web store for WRC? I ask because I've seen that site template for a few stores now, like www.chainwheel.com.

The Spider
06-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Bruce...already done mate, I definetly listen when you type!

and I've contacted WRC as well.

thank you all. :)

BdaGhisallo
06-17-2006, 10:51 AM
If you are still having no luck in your search and are still desperate to get the sidis, I would suggest you give www.nencinisport.it a try. They are in Italy, and shipping charges will be a little higher than within the US, but since they are in Italy they can get a lot of versions not available on this side of the Atlantic.

The person I dealt with there is Elisa, and her email is elisa@nencinisport.it

I have three pairs of sidis from them (1/2 sizes that aren't readily available), in models that SidiUSA doesn't bring into the US.

catulle
06-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Check with Boston International (617) 783-5804; one of the best bike shops in the world and beyond, atmo. Ask for Craig. :banana:

roadie7
06-18-2006, 04:30 AM
Have you tried Performance or Nashbar on-line or their catalogues?

The Spider
06-19-2006, 02:58 AM
Thanks Roadie, both stores sell black only....

hopefully a wonderful Serotta forumite is able to help....

I'll keep everyone posted...

but thank you so much. I'll have to stick a banana on the back to indicate how I came to look so damn good! :D