PDA

View Full Version : ENVE 2.2 SES Wheelset

Splash
03-24-2016, 09:44 PM
http://www.bikehugger.com/post/view/mark-v-reviews-enve-ses-2.2-carbon-tubeless-clincher-rims

Anyone like to share their views on the tubeless Enve SES 2.2 Wheelset?

Splash

ergott
03-25-2016, 06:57 AM
I've built up a custom set. Rims look promising. What you get with carbon over alloy is less tension loss when installing tubeless tires. The rims are much stiffer in comparison. The revised brake track is textured and is supposed to really improve braking even more. I didn't get to test that.

christian
03-25-2016, 07:32 AM
My LBS has a pair in a stand on the counter. They look sweet, but I'm a Campagnolo fan-boy so would probably still go for Hyperons.

oldpotatoe
03-25-2016, 07:36 AM
http://www.bikehugger.com/post/view/mark-v-reviews-enve-ses-2.2-carbon-tubeless-clincher-rims

Anyone like to share their views on the tubeless Enve SES 2.2 Wheelset?

Splash

Read BH piece on building these. I like his ideas...2 cross both sides, brass nipps..etc..Not a huge fan of CXRays tho..for the $, not much benefit, IMHO, but as a big volume builder, can get the $ down pretty far.

Sorry for the drift..wheelbuilding peaks my interest.

mistermo
03-25-2016, 08:06 AM
I have heard many have used the SES 4.5 as tubeless with success.

teleguy57
03-25-2016, 08:27 AM
Read BH piece on building these. I like his ideas...2 cross both sides, brass nipps..etc..Not a huge fan of CXRays tho..for the $, not much benefit, IMHO, but as a big volume builder, can get the $ down pretty far.

Sorry for the drift..wheelbuilding peaks my interest.

You're thinking climbing wheels, right Peter? :)

My LBS has a pair in a stand on the counter. They look sweet, but I'm a Campagnolo fan-boy so would probably still go for Hyperons.

Yes -- and of course, in tubular:)

Splash
03-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Thanks

Do you think the aerodynamic speed loss with this wheel set is significant when compared to say the 4.5'?

What is the difference in rim only when comparing the 2.2 tubular to the 6.7 tubular?

OP - regarding your comment on the CXRays - would you prefer to another brand of spoke used?

Splash