PDA

View Full Version : OT: Changing my license plate

Elefantino
06-14-2006, 09:57 PM
To: "SIX LFT"

Driving on I-95 today and a semi abruptly changed lanes into my right rear quarter panel. Car started to swerve, but the X Drive steadied it enough so that I could correct it. Thank you, BMW.

The right-rear was torn off, literally. Strangely, it was still drivable, although I can't fill the gas tank because the cap is under sheetmetal now.

Probably $10K worth of damage.

I should be angry, but I'm more thankful that he didn't get me sideways and flip me.

When I get to ONE LFT, I'm going to live on an island somewhere.

This is getting old.

:crap:

Ginger
06-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Glad you lived to tell the tale.

catulle
06-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Phewww...! Good to know you're well. I hope you don't have to change your plate ever again, atmo.

RABikes2
06-15-2006, 02:54 AM
The vehicle is repairable; THANK GOD YOU ARE OKAY! You need to get out of that crazy area! Be safe dear friend.

RA

Bill Bove
06-15-2006, 05:08 AM
Make sure you clear enough in the settlement to put a Meivici on the roofrack too :D

Erik.Lazdins
06-15-2006, 08:08 AM
The car did what it was designed for - keeping the driver/others inside safe.

My wife and 2 small children were t-boned at an intersection in the SUV we bought to keep them safe. It was still new not even 3,000 miles.

But it did its job, My wife and kids were unscathed.

It's a good thing.

steelrider
06-15-2006, 06:23 PM
To: "SIX LFT"

Driving on I-95 today and a semi abruptly changed lanes into my right rear quarter panel. Car started to swerve, but the X Drive steadied it enough so that I could correct it. Thank you, BMW.

The right-rear was torn off, literally. Strangely, it was still drivable, although I can't fill the gas tank because the cap is under sheetmetal now.

Probably $10K worth of damage.

I should be angry, but I'm more thankful that he didn't get me sideways and flip me.

When I get to ONE LFT, I'm going to live on an island somewhere.

This is getting old.

:crap:

Many folks have all sorts of things to say about BMW. Suffice to say that they are superbly well engineered automobiles that offer high-preformance.