PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Cannondale (2014 or 2015) Supersix Evo Nano Black Inc.

quattro
03-21-2016, 03:59 PM
Have followed the Cannondale Supersix Evo development over the years and always liked the bike although I have never ridden it. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2014 Supersix Evo Nano Black Inc., dull DA 9000 mechanical, ENVE 3.4mm tubulars, ENVE stem, seat post, bars, Cannondale crankset, at a very good price and wondering if anyone owns one, how you like it, overall thoughts about the quality of the frame, the company, the bike etc. I know there are some changes to the 2016 version, but hey, there are changes to frames/bikes every year. Even thought it's a two year old model, I still like it.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you!
quattro

beeatnik
03-21-2016, 04:06 PM
If it's under $5000, buy it today.

If someone offered you the opportunity to purchase a home in Pacific Palisades for half of market, you'd buy first, ask questions later. Think of this bike as the ultimate teardown.

Matthew
03-21-2016, 05:15 PM
From what I have heard and read they are very well regarded. Most, if not all cycling publications think it is a very good to great bike. This topic has been discussed before and virtually all respondents have said positive things in regards to the Super Six bikes. Of course, there will always likely be a few that have differing opinions. This is the internet after all! If the price is that good I say go for it. According to most who have thrown a leg over one you will love it.

quattro
03-22-2016, 04:52 AM
If it's under $5000, buy it today.

If someone offered you the opportunity to purchase a home in Pacific Palisades for half of market, you'd buy first, ask questions later. Think of this bike as the ultimate teardown.

Agreed, but I'm not interested in a tear down, I want to ride it.
So, I'm still hoping to find someone that own's a Supersix Evo Nano Black Inc. for some inspiration.

Thanks,
quattro

mistermo
03-22-2016, 06:02 AM
I just bought the '15 Black Inc. nano. C'dale still has a few they're closing out, I'm told. I haven't ridden it yet. After '15, there will continue to be Black Inc's but no more Nano version. The Cdale rep told me the quality, and therefore cost, of the nano carbon is prohibitively high to continue to justify the production of that frame. That's why I pulled the trigger on the '15.

beeatnik
03-22-2016, 06:31 AM
Agreed, but I'm not interested in a tear down, I want to ride it.
So, I'm still hoping to find someone that own's a Supersix Evo Nano Black Inc. for some inspiration.

Thanks,
quattro

What I meant wus that many consider it to be one of the top 3 production bikes available. If you end up digging it, awesome. If you don't, you wont lose a penny. For the right price, it should be a no-brainer. That is unless you're looking for a beach cruiser.

bcroslin
03-22-2016, 07:49 AM
People (myself included) raving about the EVO in this thread (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=181521&highlight=cannondale) from 2 weeks ago

03-22-2016, 09:21 AM
I work with an athlete on a 2015 Nano and he almost has me convinced to jump for one. Compared to the Evo HiMod from the same year, just not the Nano:

1. Weight difference on a 54 cm, apples to apples (bare frame and fork) was 218 grams for the pair we weighed.
2. There is no loss of apparent stiffness in the Nano. If anything, it's stiffer laterally. Vertically I don't think there's noticeable difference.
3. The detail work is first rate on the Nano. The Evo HiMod is a beautifully done bike, but the wire ports and so on all are done just that tiny bit better.
4. Finish is superb and looks more like a custom bike job than a production bike; I did find that it picks up rub marks a bit easier when you stop for a restroom break or a drink.
5. While it doesn't have much to do with the frame and forks, the SiSl2 crankset on the Nano is quite interesting. Very stiff, and while we didn't weigh it, it's apparently a good bit lighter than Dura Ace or other competitors. Definitely, it doesn't quite have the shifting finesse of a Dura Ace crankset with Dura Ace Di2, especially in the lower gears, but then Di2 really reset the standard for shifting quality for everybody.
6. There are small differences between the Nano and the HiMod, such as cable routing. Take a careful look at it so you aren't surprised by anything. This isn't a criticism by any means; just an observation that Cannondale is occasionally rather inconsistent between their model levels, often for no clear reason.

If the bike you're looking at is really that cheap and you are getting at least original OEM quality in everything, and the frame and fork are in really good shape, I'd jump on it. It's a beautiful bike and with a number of professional carbon frames in my history, I think the Nano (and frankly the 2016 Evo HiMod) is better than many of them.

tumbler
03-22-2016, 09:47 AM
It's a very nice bike. With a name like Supersix Evo Nano Black Inc., how could it be anything but super terrific hyper good?

quattro
03-22-2016, 11:56 AM
Thanks for all the positive comments , feedback and link to the prior discussion.
So far all good take always.
I'd really like to hear from someone who owns and rides a 2014 version of this bike with their impressions, positive and/or negative.
Keep the info flowing.
Thanks again,
quattro

bloody sunday
03-22-2016, 12:42 PM
well, with cannondale it's kind of like asking about a particular guitar online. You just have to play it to really know.

quattro
03-22-2016, 01:01 PM
well, with cannondale it's kind of like asking about a particular guitar online. You just have to play it to really know.

Good analogy, but I think you could say that about most frames, why single out Cannondale?

Thanks,
quattro

bloody sunday
03-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Good analogy, but I think you could say that about most frames, why single out Cannondale?

Thanks,
quattro

very true. But I've had about 6 CAAD 10's over the years and they've all been different. I honestly can't say the same about any other brand or frame. I love CAAD's

quattro
03-23-2016, 05:55 AM
very true. But I've had about 6 CAAD 10's over the years and they've all been different. I honestly can't say the same about any other brand or frame. I love CAAD's

Aren't the CAAD frames aluminum? My understanding of the CAAD frame is that there have been many developments with aluminum over the years and therefore I can certainly understand how all of the CAAD frames you have ridden have been different. For their Carbon fiber frames, I don't think until the updates to the 2016 that the Black Inc changed that much over the years, but not sure.

Thanks,
Quattro

bloody sunday
03-23-2016, 08:35 AM
Aren't the CAAD frames aluminum? My understanding of the CAAD frame is that there have been many developments with aluminum over the years and therefore I can certainly understand how all of the CAAD frames you have ridden have been different. For their Carbon fiber frames, I don't think until the updates to the 2016 that the Black Inc changed that much over the years, but not sure.

Thanks,
Quattro

Yes, CAAD's are aluminum. The geo of the CAAD's and the SS' are essentially identical - the material definitely has an effect on feel, so I guess I cannot help you much.