PDA

View Full Version : PayPal Gift Question

Louis
03-21-2016, 02:31 PM
I just bought a frame for someone overseas who was unable to bid on e-bay. It was a hair over $1000, which I paid using PP.

Will PayPal squawk if he reimburses me via PP Gift / Friends? (nearly all my other PP transactions are Gift, but for much lower amounts)

TIA

eBAUMANN
03-21-2016, 02:35 PM
No...there are no "red flags" for gift payments that I am aware of.

I have sent gift payments for over 3x's that much, FWIW. Never any issue with PP.

kramnnim
03-21-2016, 02:52 PM
That's what the friends and family type payments are for, sending money to a friend.

tuscanyswe
03-21-2016, 02:53 PM
Just fyi.

If he is not in america paypal gift will still cost him or you 4% so theres no getting around those fees. Think me and eric actually tried this recently but its also stated when you try to make the payment. You apparently can't have friends nor family on other continents according to paypal .)

makoti
03-21-2016, 03:53 PM
Just fyi.

If he is not in america paypal gift will still cost him or you 4% so theres no getting around those fees. Think me and eric actually tried this recently but its also stated when you try to make the payment. You apparently can't have friends nor family on other continents according to paypal .)

This is true. I've done it a few times. Nicked every time.

Louis
03-21-2016, 03:58 PM
OK, thanks guys.

I'll ask him to add 4% for that.

Louis