PDA

View Full Version : Boulder Bike Way

oldpotatoe
03-21-2016, 01:23 PM
For you that ride around the republic, I rode the newly opened cycle path that goes from Broomfield to Boulder. It's really nice! First hill leaving or last hill before Boulder kinda a varsity hill(particularly today-windy) but impressed. At top of hill, little 'welcome to Boulder' kiosk, bike pump and bike tools on lanyards. Now, there are somethings about riding in Boulder county that are kinda head scratchers but this one, they got right. Could it be us dumass Americans finally figuring this out? Sorry for pix, on phone.

herb5998
03-21-2016, 01:29 PM
Looking forward to checking it out. Looks to be pretty nice, and the fact 36
Is finally done is great as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ralph
03-21-2016, 07:08 PM
Don't let my adult daughter know about this....or I'll be doing a 2000 mile drive with bikes in car to ride it. She likes to go on vacations and ride trails.

In our counties in Central Florida....in addition to commuting needs, tourist come to ride our trails. My County of Seminole estimates over 80 million of economic benefit from our county trails from tourists, and adjoining Orange county....they estimate about 120 miilion of economic benefit from tourists. I see people from all over the world on our trails. And it only costs about a million dollars per mile on average to build these 14' wide trails. Tunnels under and bridges over major roads extra.

So I think that's great news for your area. I've ridden all over Boulder on your trails as a sight seeing tourist....some of the trails are getting kinda old, but really enjoyed just riding around. Hope you get a bunch more in that area. Maybe pave some of the dirt portions. Tourists like it safe...especially if you aren't familiar with area. I understand this won't excite serious cyclists who live around there.

GRAVELBIKE
03-21-2016, 07:13 PM
It's an absolute godsend for me. MUCH safer than the stretch of Marshall/Cherryvale that it replaces.

rwsaunders
03-21-2016, 07:25 PM
I was recently riding on a bike trail near Athens, Ohio and the same pump/tool kiosk was at one of the trailheads...pretty cool.

Mr. Pink
03-21-2016, 07:27 PM
Does it connect with any Denver bike trails to the south?

dustyrider
03-21-2016, 07:31 PM
They call it the river front trail here.

There's even a place in between edge water brewery and the botanical gardens with a pump and tools. Right next to a very nice bathroom! More than a couple places to sit and take it all in.

Several towns and a couple state agencies, the highway authority and who knows who else, plus a decade or more and they've almost got the entire valley connected...I'll never see them hook up to Glenwood, but I'd be happy if they connect up highway 65 over The Mesa!

Sometimes they do get it right.

Schmed
03-21-2016, 08:23 PM
We are so lucky to have this massive trail system in Denver / Boulder. This leg is a nice addition. I'd like to see a better option for Boulder to Golden, though.

Bummer about those loaner tools. No hydraulic brake bleeders, or bottom bracket facing tool. Oh well. :cool:

avalonracing
03-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Another reason I'll be checking out Colorado next month as a possible place to hang my bikes.

93legendti
03-21-2016, 09:24 PM
What is the length, width and elevation gain?

Tickdoc
03-21-2016, 09:32 PM
Nice. Hopefully I will get to check out in person this sept!

sjbraun
03-21-2016, 09:36 PM
In Tucson, we have the Loop, currently >100 miles of shared use paths. When finished, we'll have 131 miles of paved paths. We often include a section or two of the Loop on our weekend rides. The Loop is not for hammering, though some boneheads insist on treating it as their own private time trial course, but after we've done our hill work, it's nice to chill for several miles knowing the only dangers are strollers.
The Loop runs through the whole range of Tucson neighborhoods, from the lower income south side to the fancy pants neighborhoods to the north. One of the things I like best about the Loop is how well it's used by all the neighborhoods it traverses.