PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Boure clothing line??

skiezo
03-21-2016, 07:03 AM
I am looking for some new bib shorts and found these. They are made in the states and look like a decent bib.
I am looking at the Pro Bib shorts and maybe a set of knickers.
I may give them a call and see what they have to say.
Here is a link to there site.
http://www.boure.com/index.html

rwsaunders
03-21-2016, 07:21 AM
I've had a pair of their Elite bibs for a few years and they've held up well and work as promised. Initially, I didn't get along with their chamois side seams and Drew replaced the standard (for this model) chamois with the chamois that came on the Pro model for the cost of shipping. Excellent customer service IMHO.

guido
03-21-2016, 07:21 AM
I have been wearing their stuff exclusively for 10 years. Great shorts and the best source for long sleeve summer weight jerseys. Wonderful service. Highly recommended!

This said i too am not a fan of the stitch location in the elite chamois and have Drew put the pro chamois in the elite short. No charge for the substitution.

HenryA
03-21-2016, 07:26 AM
Yes.
I have had some of their bibs for several years. They are well made and last a long time. The chamois is nice and thin. I have a hard time with bibs shorts fitting comfortably - these have a bit more room for a long torso. I'll be buying more soon.

I think they will make customs if you need a special fit.

kasak
03-21-2016, 07:52 AM
Yeah I have a pair of their bib shorts. Well made with great customer service. A bit on the warm side and a bit high when bathroom times rolls around. Longer in the torso and not too short when it comes to the inseam. I'm 6'9 and stupid lanky though and will be getting a custom pair that are a little longer in the leg personally but other than those little things it is my go to when I just plan to enjoy the ride.

Climb01742
03-21-2016, 08:01 AM
Another positive vote for their stuff. As others said, their stuff lasts. And lasts. Then lasts some more.

Their bibs are good, perhaps not exceptional, but solid everyday performers.

My favorite piece of kit from them is their tights. No pad, just plain tights that go over your bibs. They are cut perfectly and move exactly as your body moves on the bike. I've had 'em forever and still going strong.

A great company that stands behind their stuff.

skiezo
03-21-2016, 08:46 AM
That sounds great. I will be emailing or calling them later today. I have a hard time finding bids that fit properly as I have a longer torso and shorter legs.
I will give them my dimensions and see what they can do for me.
I like that they seem to be cut for riding position and not standing around trying to look good at the coffee shop.

rePhil
03-21-2016, 08:52 AM
I have been wearing their bibs and shorts for years. Easy to do business with, quality clothing that fits well.

benb
03-21-2016, 08:55 AM
I have two pairs of their Pro Bib shorts. They are very stoutly built with thick material, very strong. I would compare them to Assos in terms of durability, but they are even heavier material than the Assos shorts I have. Great for colder weather and they would probably hold up really well for something like X/C MTB racing since they are very resistant to tearing in crashes.

The ones I have are cut for a pretty thin person, and the legs could be longer. For me they do not fit as well as the Assos classic/racer fit. They overall fit pretty similar other than the leg length. I forget the terms but Assos has some "club" fit that is for people with more fat on their bones. The racer fit is more appropriate for me and Boure is similar.

Chamois seems good but not necessarily great for me. They will also make alterations for you. If I had wanted to spend more money I could have gotten longer inseams on my bibs and then they would have fit even better.

I've had mine quite a while, at the time they were also great value for the money. There are lots of rotten bib shorts out there IMO at medium-high prices that make them a poor value. E.x. I have a $150 pair of Bontrager shorts that are a horrific value compared to $200 Assos shorts. The Bontrager shorts feel like they're worth more like $75 in comparison. Boure isn't like that, I feel like I got my money's worth.

fiamme red
03-21-2016, 09:02 AM
I'm not a fan of the Pro (Ultrasuede) chamois for long rides. It has a seam down the middle that eventually causes irritation for me. Also, for multi-day tours, it dries very slowly.

jmeloy
03-21-2016, 11:40 AM
How about some comments on the fit of their LS jerseys? Particularly for us Club fit (but oh so fit) types?

katematt
03-21-2016, 01:04 PM
I wear their large bibs and medium jersey and its not tight. 5'11" 175 . Great stuff all around and Drew is very easy to work with. go for the higher end bibs. Good product and people.

Plus Ned wears it, so its gotta be good.

How about some comments on the fit of their LS jerseys? Particularly for us Club fit (but oh so fit) types?

Ken C
03-21-2016, 02:04 PM
I have two pairs of the Elite Bibs. They have been the most durable bibs I have owned by a long shot. The lycra seems a little thicker than most other brands. They are both three years old and look like they have been used for less than one.

At first I didn't like the Chamois in the Elite bibs, the seams did kind of irritate for a few rides. however, I don't even notice them any more and they as confortable as any bid I have ever used. I really like how thin the pad is, it works well with saddle I use, the Aliante.

CNY rider
03-21-2016, 02:18 PM
I think they make very high quality goods at a fair price.
My favorites are the SPF jerseys and the socks.
I just can not wear the bibs. The seams hit me in a bad place and might as well be made of sandpaper.

Drmojo
03-21-2016, 02:47 PM
While I have mostly bibs--I have 2 pairs of Boure shorts--red and blue, love em!

MarkC
03-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Their thermal traveler pants are awesome

HillDancer
03-21-2016, 08:34 PM
How about some comments on the fit of their LS jerseys?...
In club fit, long torso. I wear Boure long sleeve jerseys year-round.

teleguy57
03-22-2016, 08:48 AM

6' (or slightly less now :(), 210ish (or slightly more now :() and I the L fits me well. I do like my jerseys more fitted than loose, but they're not racer tight.

I have both a wonderful merino LS jersey, and a summer SPF LS team jersey. I like both of them a lot.

Boure jerseys go well with ti Hampstens:)

guido
03-22-2016, 09:02 AM
6'1" 195ish, 34" waist, broad shoulders, long arms (36-37" sleeves). The Club XL is a bit too loose, the Club L is a bit tight. The race cut XL is perfect...

crossjunkee
03-22-2016, 09:16 AM
I have a pair of knickers that have to be at least 10 years old and still going strong. I don't wear them everyday, but still impressive. They also supplied jersey's for the Iron Horse that were excellent too.

p nut
03-22-2016, 10:20 AM
My favorite pair of shorts is Boure Elite. Not a fan of the pad, so I will go for the Pro next time. Otherwise, they've been good.

I've also got a LS summer jersey. Club Large feels ok, but a bit on the loose side. No complaints, though. 5'10" 155lbs.

guido
03-22-2016, 10:23 AM
My favorite pair of shorts is Boure Elite. Not a fan of the pad, so I will go for the Pro next time. Otherwise, they've been good.

I've also got a LS summer jersey. Club Large feels ok, but a bit on the loose side. No complaints, though. 5'10" 155lbs.

If you like the Elite fabric with the Pro pad, just ask for it. Drew is happy to make them like that...

Seramount
03-22-2016, 02:05 PM
tried some Boure' shorts awhile back...wasn't the top of the line model, don't recall the name.

the lycra seemed especially thin. didn't really care for them.

DHallerman
03-23-2016, 08:56 AM
I love the Boure knickers, which have a unique and very comfortable design.

That is, instead of elastic gripping my calf -- which somehow is less comfortable than elastic gripping my thighs, as with shorts -- the below-knee part is designed to stay down without any tightness.

Nice, and they've lasted a long time for me.

Dave, who says this is the height of bicycle knicker season and don't go all Anglo on him since American English differs from U.K English

I have a pair of knickers going that have to be at least 10 years old, still going strong. I don't wear them everyday, but still impressive. They also supplied jersey's for the Iron Horse that were excellent too.