PDA

View Full Version : Rapha Code Giveaway Q36.5 convert

lirek15
03-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Hi all,
I've purchased some awesome stuff over the years on this forum and I think the community of posters here is fantastic.
Thought I'd give back a little by giving away a free 30% off Rapha code below:
OI8-FC8A-NTAZ-CFF5
BTW, I am a complete Q36.5 convert. This stuff is on a different level when compared to what other brands in the industry are offering. I used to be a Rapha fanboy, hence the giveaway. If you haven't heard/checked this company out you most def should. The pricing is premium but the quality, fit and performance is unparalleled IMO. Their proprietary fabrics fit and feel like something out of the future.
I used to get this stuff through Above Category but if you're in Canada that's expensive. They seem to be going with a boutique based in Toronto for 2016, Alpha Velo, who also have the full range in CAD on their online shop www.alphavelo.cc Thought I'd share that with those looking for some fresh gear this spring. If not, enjoy that Rapha code!

Cheers
Lirek

ptourkin
03-18-2016, 03:34 PM
Hi all,
I've purchased some awesome stuff over the years on this forum and I think the community of posters here is fantastic.
Thought I'd give back a little by giving away a free 30% off Rapha code below:
OI8-FC8A-NTAZ-CFF5
BTW, I am a complete Q36.5 convert. This stuff is on a different level when compared to what other brands in the industry are offering. I used to be a Rapha fanboy, hence the giveaway. If you haven't heard/checked this company out you most def should. The pricing is premium but the quality, fit and performance is unparalleled IMO. Their proprietary fabrics fit and feel like something out of the future.
I used to get this stuff through Above Category but if you're in Canada that's expensive. They seem to be going with a boutique based in Toronto for 2016, Alpha Velo, who also have the full range in CAD on their online shop www.alphavelo.cc Thought I'd share that with those looking for some fresh gear this spring. If not, enjoy that Rapha code!

Cheers
Lirek

Thank you. I have a big Rapha gift card to spend and one for a bit less at Above Category. I'm a big fan of the Q36.5 stuff I have so far but haven't tried the bibs yet.

kitsnob
03-18-2016, 04:56 PM
Thank you. I have a big Rapha gift card to spend and one for a bit less at Above Category. I'm a big fan of the Q36.5 stuff I have so far but haven't tried the bibs yet.

I have been preaching that the Q36.5 stuff is the tops .. Even tops ASSOS (since the owner was the R&D guy at ASSOS for 20+ years)

The pricing between Europe mail order and Above Category is almost now, NON EXSISTANT. The gap has disappeared. Give AC your coin instead!
Do yourself a favor ... SPEND THE MONEY .. you won't be disappointed.
Instead of those Rapha Pro Team, try the Q36.5 Miles (or pop for the Salopette L1)

I WAS a Rapha fan boy too, then I went back to Assos ... Now I'm almost ALL Q36.5 or (that other guy who recently got popped in LA for selling drugs)

Seriously guys, you really can't get much better than this stuff!
:banana::hello:

Mikej
03-18-2016, 05:23 PM
Q55 stuff looks great, except it's too dark farm behind. I'm reasoning them out for that, also, I added up a full kit and it was like $2700- jacket vest socks long sleeve-etc.

metalheart
03-18-2016, 05:24 PM
My goto bibs are Rapha Classics followed by the Assos S5 Mille, but I am intrigued by the Q36.5 L1 Essential Bibs, mainly because of the fabric and curiosity about the chamois. I might be tempted to try the more affordable (relatively) Miles Gregarious, but the effort to be more traditional, in their terms, with this style makes me wonder if there is much differences between this model and other high-end bib shorts. The description of these bibs leaves me perplexed:

While the Gregarius is designed for riders who are more comfortable in a traditional feeling bib short, it is no way ‘normal’, integrating as it does a great deal of the innovations from the L1 and Vented models. The Gregarius inherits the same SUPER MOULDED chamois as that found on the Vented and Long Salopette, the same proprietary tubular brace construction (here in a combination of mesh and high density polyamide) and lumbar support panel (identical fabric to all other Q36.5 bib shorts and tights).

The most significant change regards the return to the use of a knitted fabric (the L1 and Vented are the only bib shorts in the world to exclusively use high-density woven fabrics in their construction), in this case a low volume flat knit fabric with robust surface and extremely fast drying times. The end result is a fusion of the breakthrough details of the L1 and Vented with softer knitted fabrics and silicon leg grippers. It is best suited to riders who prefer a familiar, traditional, bib short model but are uninterested in the decadent extras or ‘fashion- fee’ that other high end brands constrain their customers to pay for together with a comfortable, good quality, no-nonsense bib short (which in reality is all they actually want).

I am curious if anyone has tried the 36.5 Miles Gregarious and can compare them to Rapha or other similar bibs? 36.5

beeatnik
03-18-2016, 05:34 PM
First enjoyed this on WW:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=138264

Lirek15 are you Canadian.

cat6
03-18-2016, 05:40 PM
like the other sponsors.

beeatnik
03-18-2016, 05:45 PM
lirek15, you gots any Catella discount codez? :hello:

weightshift
03-18-2016, 06:12 PM
I am curious if anyone has tried the 36.5 Miles Gregarious and can compare them to Rapha or other similar bibs? 36.5

Second this. My go-to favorites are the Assos S7 Equipe, followed by the Rapha Classics for lazy days/dirt, and am considering another pair of Equipes, but have been curious about the Q36.5 myself. AC is local-ish to me (across the bridge) but outside of their reviews, I haven't read much about the Miles, nor the L1, especially in comparison to Assos and Rapha. Even though they share Mr. Bergamo.

lirek15
03-18-2016, 06:15 PM
Beetinik, indeed I am, from Toronto!

Cat6, If anything I am endorsing two stores that currently carry what I think is the best cycling clothing out there right now. Just trying to share my experience, hope there's not harm in that.
Metalheart, I've only tried the L1 bibs, but you're right the Miles seem to be more like traditional bibs form a materials perspective. And yes, Qs write ups are a little perplexing indeed.

cat6
03-18-2016, 06:32 PM
Call me cynical but your 2 post count Q365 gush seems awfully suspect considering you're doing the same thing elsewhere on the internet.

jlwdm
03-18-2016, 08:23 PM
Q36.5 needs to learn that all black bibs make sense. Easy to wear with everything. I don't want gray on the bibs and I don't want green on the bibs.

Jeff

joosttx
03-18-2016, 08:37 PM
Q36.5 needs to learn that all black bibs make sense. Easy to wear with everything. I don't want gray on the bibs and I don't want green on the bibs.

Jeff

They are launching a solid black bib this summer. But you just tuck the green accent under and you cant see on the L1.

joosttx
03-18-2016, 08:48 PM
Call me cynical but your 2 post count Q365 gush seems awfully suspect considering you're doing the same thing elsewhere on the internet.

Seems very suspect. I cannot imagine velo whatever keeping their distribution rights pulling these kinds of stunts.

FlashUNC
03-18-2016, 09:25 PM
Second this. My go-to favorites are the Assos S7 Equipe, followed by the Rapha Classics for lazy days/dirt, and am considering another pair of Equipes, but have been curious about the Q36.5 myself. AC is local-ish to me (across the bridge) but outside of their reviews, I haven't read much about the Miles, nor the L1, especially in comparison to Assos and Rapha. Even though they share Mr. Bergamo.

The L1 and their Wolf thermal bibs are the two best bibs I own. I got rid of nearly all my Rapha, and have my Assos stuff in rotation, but the L1s are the jammy jammy jam.

joosttx
03-18-2016, 09:36 PM

Lionel (the french guy who posts on this forum) challenged me to wear the Assos S7 Equipe as I never tried them. My only comparison of q36.5 L1 was to Rapha's bibs. I wore the S7 exclusively for about a month. They were good really nice but not as comfortable as the L1's. The chamois in the S7 really suffocated your junk with all its padding. My junk was secure because it was so snug. And all that padding did not make the bib as comfortable as the L1's. The fabric of the L1 is better than the equippe. a little more water resistant and thermal static. If you like the thick padded snug feeling the L1's may not be for you. But for me they are the best bib out there.

kitsnob
03-18-2016, 10:18 PM
Lionel (the french guy who posts on this forum) challenged me to wear the Assos S7 Equipe as I never tried them. My only comparison of q36.5 L1 was to Rapha's bibs. I wore the S7 exclusively for about a month. They were good really nice but not as comfortable as the L1's. The chamois in the S7 really suffocated your junk with all its padding. My junk was secure because it was so snug. And all that padding did not make the bib as comfortable as the L1's. The fabric of the L1 is better than the equippe. a little more water resistant and thermal static. If you like the thick padded snug feeling the L1's may not be for you. But for me they are the best bib out there.

For me, I had to UPSIZE the bibs in Q36.5 .. Normally a MEDIUM in everything (except Italian stuff where I need to upsize in bibs only) I tried the L1 Salopette but for some reason even in the larger size I just couldn't get comfy ...too much junk compression. Don't get me wrong I like compression but it was TOO much on the L1's .. in the wrong place. Then again I only wore them 2X and it says you need at least 10 wearing for them to "break in" (break in bibs .. that's new to me!)
I got the Miles in Large and from the 1st wearing, I was sold ... more like my Equipe S7 except like Joosttx said ... less padding but its no less comfortable..

ptourkin
03-19-2016, 06:42 AM
For me, I had to UPSIZE the bibs in Q36.5 .. Normally a MEDIUM in everything (except Italian stuff where I need to upsize in bibs only) I tried the L1 Salopette but for some reason even in the larger size I just couldn't get comfy ...too much junk compression. Don't get me wrong I like compression but it was TOO much on the L1's .. in the wrong place. Then again I only wore them 2X and it says you need at least 10 wearing for them to "break in" (break in bibs .. that's new to me!)
I got the Miles in Large and from the 1st wearing, I was sold ... more like my Equipe S7 except like Joosttx said ... less padding but its no less comfortable..

The only thing I've had to upsize in a few years is the Q36.5 jacket. The S was almost suffocatingly small and I easily wear Assos S. Although the AC site says true to size, they tried to talk my GF out of a small for an adult cyclist. We had to exchange. I'm a bit worried about ordering bibs in the mail especially given that stated break in period - how will we know if we're in between sizes?

OtayBW
03-19-2016, 06:58 AM
I recently got 2 pair of S7 Equipe for $136 ea and I like them a lot. While I'd like to try a pair of Q36.5, there are other things that I'd rather spend $299.00 on right now.

joosttx
03-19-2016, 07:06 AM
The only thing I've had to upsize in a few years is the Q36.5 jacket. The S was almost suffocatingly small and I easily wear Assos S. Although the AC site says true to size, they tried to talk my GF out of a small for an adult cyclist. We had to exchange. I'm a bit worried about ordering bibs in the mail especially given that stated break in period - how will we know if we're in between sizes?

I didnt have to upsize my bibs. The jacket yes. The breaking in really isnt that much of a breaking in. The material is a little stiffer which mellows after a few washes. That is all. If you try them on for the first time you will know they fit or not.

weightshift
03-19-2016, 02:09 PM
Interesting. I actually find the Rapha Classics to be quite a thick chamois and the Equipe a great balance between a long distance pad and for days when I want less padding. I think the effect you mean is in the crotch area - I like that as it keeps my privates snug and less prone to being shuffled about. The pocket/penthouse of whatever Assos calls it seems to work for me.

That said, the L1 does sound pretty good and in line with what I tend to like in a bib so I may check it out.

Thanks.

BumbleBeeDave
03-19-2016, 02:22 PM
. . . always post this stuff on Friday evenings. They apparently think nobody is watching the store over the weekend and their guerrilla marketing thread will sit there all weekend.

:no::no::no:

Lirek if you'd like to PM me and try to convince me otherwise, you have an hour. This is locked now and will delete in 60 minutes.

BBD

BumbleBeeDave
03-19-2016, 03:11 PM
. . . I'm re-opening this thread.

Enjoy.

BBD