PDA

View Full Version : S-works aerofly vias handlebar

nmora
03-15-2016, 03:25 PM
Hello, does anyone know if a S-WORKS AEROFLY VIAS HANDLEBAR can be ordered from Specialized and will this handlebar work with a standard 31.8 stem?
I wanted to lower my stack height while at the sametime have the handlebar at my current height and this "gull wing" bar seems to be exactly what i was looking for!

If you have one for sale im looking for a 44 width, thank you!

tlittlefield
03-15-2016, 04:04 PM
Not much different than other bars available, look at 3T they have some very similar.

tlittlefield
03-15-2016, 04:06 PM
Hey did not notice that this was your very first post. Welcome to The Paceline, you will enjoy your time and and learn a lot (-;

thirdgenbird
03-15-2016, 04:17 PM
Welcome.

Not much different than other bars available, look at 3T they have some very similar.

I'm guessing by his description, he wants the rise. They look to be 31.8 but I don't know that.

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/5582081c69bedd4679bd2a1a-1200/a-view-of-the-front-and-the-s-works-aerofly-vias-handlebar.jpg

ptourkin
03-15-2016, 05:33 PM
I haven't seen them selling the Vias bits anywhere but on the Venge they came on. You might have to search eBay for takeoffs. I was able to score a limited Silver S-Works Romin for my Moots when a local shop took one off an S-Works they had received and built for a well-known Moto-GP rider. I've never seen it offered anywhere else.

thirdgenbird
03-15-2016, 05:36 PM
I just heard an employee say that all sizes of vias bars are in stock. I will shoot him a message and ask about diameter.

Edit: So here is the skinny. They are 31.8mm but they are made specifically for that stem and it's not advised to use them with a standard stem.

I was not told this part, but it wouldn't surprise me if they strengthened the area at the edges of that crazy wide stem and a standard one would put the clamping force in the wrong place.