PDA

View Full Version : Campy ergo 10 trouble shooting

arcadian
03-14-2016, 06:45 AM
My shifters went soft the other day, and I am trying to figure out what to replace. I tore the shifter down, and I really don't see anything that looks worn or broken.

It seems ok until i get it back on the bike and cabled to the rear derailleur. Now the clicks are very soft, but it does shift until it gets to the largest cog, and there is no top click at all.

Where should I start? Which parts would you replace?

Should I send it off?

Should I just upgrade to 11 speed?

Any help would be appreciated.

oldpotatoe
03-14-2016, 06:57 AM
My shifters went soft the other day, and I am trying to figure out what to replace. I tore the shifter down, and I really don't see anything that looks worn or broken.

It seems ok until i get it back on the bike and cabled to the rear derailleur. Now the clicks are very soft, but it does shift until it gets to the largest cog, and there is no top click at all.

Where should I start? Which parts would you replace?

Should I send it off?

Should I just upgrade to 11 speed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Which ERGO 10s? If 2008 and older, Record/Chorus..probably just a shift spring that is ready to break or the spring carrier is split.

I OVH levers, send to me, $25 for a complete front to back take apart, clean, lube. If you need shift springs-$5 per(2 of them), if spring carrier-$15, for a new 'ultra' type, fiber one that splits much less often. I also modify the back cap to prevent problems in the future-Email for either the address to send or the parts.

pchisholm172@gmail.com