PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Outside

rpm
06-12-2006, 08:08 PM
I just got the July issue of Outside magazine. The cover has a shot of Floyd channeling Jean Reno, looking swarthy and intense (he needs an unfiltered cigarette dangling from his lip). Inside, Daniel Coyle has an entertaining article on Floyd and his exploits (e.g., 15 cappucinos in one sitting, 28 bags of peanuts on one flight). The article includes a picture of Floyd in his bike shorts and a fur coat?! I hope he contends at this year's tour. It will be fun.

http://outside.away.com/outside/toc/200607.html

zeroking17
06-12-2006, 08:17 PM
... The cover has a shot of Floyd channeling Jean Reno, looking swarthy and intense (he needs an unfiltered cigarette dangling from his lip)... The article includes a picture of Floyd in his bike shorts and a fur coat?!

I'm very afraid to click that link. Very, very afraid.

Louis
06-12-2006, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=rpm]The article includes a picture of Floyd in his bike shorts and a fur coat?! [QUOTE]

As stupid as the picture may be, the caption is even worse:

"The guy who trains the hardest, the most, wins," says Landis. "Period."

1) I could train ten times harder than those guys and still not be able to beat them in a 100 yard sprint or a 1000 mile slog.

2) Given the state of cycling today, I don't think many people still think that training is what separates the winners from the loosers. Just ask Victor Conte.

Louis

bcm119
06-13-2006, 01:28 AM
That was a goofy story. A story about a non-story atmo. And those glasses.