PDA

View Full Version : OK, RA, Fixed, et al, it's deja vu all over again

Bruce K
06-12-2006, 11:46 AM
"Hurricane Season" isn't even 2 weeks old and Alberto is on his way. :crap:

So far only Cat. 1, but this doesn't bode well for RA and all our other Southeast brethren. :help:

Be careful down there!

BK

Bill Bove
06-12-2006, 12:01 PM
What! Cat 1? Nobody told me anything about it??

RABikes2
06-12-2006, 12:16 PM
It's absolutely beautiful weather here today, but the storm warnings start just miles south of my home. Guess they're already feeling the effects down south in the state.

Thanks Bruce...should we start heading north to your place?! :D
RA

Fixed
06-12-2006, 12:23 PM
bro I.ve been wet all day I'll be ready for 5 pm
cheers

Bruce K
06-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Bill - upgraded just after noon today. I know Cat. 1 is no big deal, but boy, they're starting early.

RA - Any time. Like they say in the commercial, we'll leave the light on for you!

BK

Joel
06-12-2006, 12:26 PM
It is absolutely pouring here in Orlando. We need the rain, but sheesh...

Joel

Keith A
06-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Can't we just skip the hurricane season this year :confused:

pale scotsman
06-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Man, it's so dry here the catfish have ticks. Hopefully we'll get a little rain off Alberto.

Keith A
06-12-2006, 01:56 PM
...and hopefully this isn't an omen.

davep
06-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Oh Pale One, maybe you don't remember a little storm we had a few years ago named Andrew. It was in August, but it was the first storm of the year.

And for what it is worth, as of 2pm EDT, while hurricane warnings have been issued, Alberto is still a tropical storm, at least according to the national Hurricane Center. Next update 5pm EDT.

Fixed
06-12-2006, 02:06 PM
stormy momday blues
bro wet feet are a drag i.m.h.o.
cheers

rePhil
06-12-2006, 02:12 PM
We need the rain. So far it's a non event and I hope it stays that way.

RABikes2
06-12-2006, 07:38 PM
It's absolutely beautiful weather here today, but the storm warnings start just miles south of my home. Guess they're already feeling the effects down south in the state.

Thanks Bruce...should we start heading north to your place?! :D
RA
Okay, so I spoke to soon. :crap: This afternoon, the skies got very cloudy and stormy looking. We had sprinkles in the area, but nothing weird (yet).

Thanks Bruce. ;)

Bill Bove
06-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Went out for an easy 25 mile spin tonight after work, incredibly humid and overcast but since it hadn't rained all day I felt safe. Famous last words comes to mind. DELUGE :crap: It's going to be a long season :(

Keith A
06-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Rained off and on most of the day here in Melbourne with a couple of downpours.

RABikes2
06-12-2006, 07:51 PM
I just got home and realized my a/c broke today while at work. This is :crap: , it's sprinkling now and the windows will need to be opened. Ugh...it's actually "cooler" outside than inside my home. But windows open w/ a tropical storm/hurricane on the way... :crap:

Stay dry my southern Florida friends...or head north if it gets crazy in your part. Then again, do you have a/c?? :confused:
RA

Elefantino
06-12-2006, 08:18 PM
OK. So I've been on vacation in California for a week, not watching the news, when today a guy at the hotel says, "boy, flying right into the storm, aren't you?" "What storm?" I ask. "You haven't heard? Alberto is in the gulf, heading toward Cedar Key."

Oh, cr*p. All my pool furniture is on the patio.

Hopefully, 35-50 mph winds won't launch a lounge chair through my sliding glass doors.

RA, buckle down. Should be a wet Tuesday.

rePhil
06-13-2006, 07:39 AM
RA,
Must be contagious, my AC went down too. Thankfully the wife is at work so I will only have to listen to myself complain. But talk about good service they promise to be out this morning.
Most of the storm has passed. While we did have some wind around midnite, the ground soaked up what mother nature gave.
I hope all our Northern friends come through unscathed as well.

RABikes2
06-13-2006, 11:43 AM
It's been raining, from sprinkling to heavy downpours, all night and morning. Wind gusts were heavy at times. I live in the woods and haven't been up my driveway to the road yet, so don't know if I have any trees down. On the noon news, they were reporting Alberto was making landfall at that time two counties away.

The a/c is still broken, windows have been open when the wind wasn't blowing in the rain, but the good news is that temps have been quite comfortable so far. I have a buddy stopping by after work tomorrow to see if the a/c unit can be fixed. I hope so, $3,000+ for a new unit blows. :crap: :crap:

Time to leave for work...a/c there! Hope everybody south of here made out okay. Hope your a/c got fixed Pic!

RA

alancw3
06-13-2006, 04:11 PM
haven't been able to ride since early sunday morning and that was cut short because of the rain. we desperately needed the water but enough is enough. hoping to get a ride in tonight although it looks iffy. haven't seen the sun since saturday and i am running out of beer! good luck up north.

RABikes2
06-14-2006, 12:14 AM
My roses and wildflower beds loved the rain, but thank goodness it has stopped for now! :banana: During the night, if it stays this way, my tires will be rolling at 7:15 a.m. Still no a/c, but along with the storm came some relatively calm temps this afternoon (when I left for work it was 69 degrees). Only downside, the weather reports tonight are calling for high 90's by the weekend. It's going to get very warm in here. :crap:

RA

rePhil
06-14-2006, 06:47 AM
I have 81 degrees and equal amounts of humidity at 7:15am with a nasty SW humid wind. I planned a ride this morning but the AC guy is coming back with the necessary parts this morning. The rain gauge showed 3 inches of much needed rain. You can almost hear the grass grow.