PDA

View Full Version : RIP - The Godfather (founder of Mystic Velo)

velomonkey
03-09-2016, 09:03 AM
He was one of us. We called him the Godfather. He was the Godfather cause he started the club and he was an alpha male and fiercely Italian. He only rode Campy. He lead group rides, he raced, he wanted the wins and every now and then he got the wins.

He was also the guy that brought numerous high school kids to their first races. People that 20 years later still love the sport got their intro from the Godfather.

I moved from DC to CT he was the guy who showed me the roads. He was ten years my age but we'd ride hard and we had fun.

He was diagnosed with Blood Cancer and was given 2 years. He turned it into 9 years and got valuable bonus time with his family and friends. He leaves behind a middle school aged son and his wife.

Photo is from 11 years ago. I had just moved, Katrina happened and the godfather said 'we need to do something.' We did a fund raise ride. Just who he was. Cheers to the godfather :beer:

oldpotatoe
03-09-2016, 09:32 AM
He was one of us. We called him the Godfather. He was the Godfather cause he started the club and he was an alpha male and fiercely Italian. He only rode Campy. He lead group rides, he raced, he wanted the wins and every now and then he got the wins.

He was also the guy that brought numerous high school kids to their first races. People that 20 years later still love the sport got their intro from the Godfather.

I moved from DC to CT he was the guy who showed me the roads. He was ten years my age but we'd ride hard and we had fun.

He was diagnosed with Blood Cancer and was given 2 years. He turned it into 9 years and got valuable bonus time with his family and friends. He leaves behind a middle school aged son and his wife.

Photo is from 11 years ago. I had just moved, Katrina happened and the godfather said 'we need to do something.' We did a fund raise ride. Just who he was. Cheers to the godfather :beer:

I'd like him..Sorry for the loss to the cycling community. May he Rest in Peace.

AngryScientist
03-09-2016, 09:35 AM
There aren't a whole lot of guys cut of this cloth around anymore. Sounds like he was a good guy, RIP.

soulspinner
03-09-2016, 09:41 AM
Sorry for your loss.