PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how often Ribble and Merlin have sales?

TronnyJenkins
03-08-2016, 09:56 PM
Missed out on the great prices this weekend at Ribble (kicking myself). Was up in the mountains and had to drive back while the sale ended.
Prices still aren't bad at all, but now I know I could have bought even cheaper...

Is there a bike deals site or anything?

fogrider
03-09-2016, 12:10 AM
are you on their email list? it seems like I get at least one email from them at least once a week.

Hilltopperny
03-09-2016, 06:40 AM
I am on the mailing list. They have sales weekly, but not all sales are equal. Join the mailing list and you will receive info on the sales.:beer:

franswa
03-09-2016, 07:10 AM
Compared to US prices, everyday is a sale day.

tumbler
03-09-2016, 09:44 AM
It depends on what you are looking for, but I get emails about once a week for some kind of sale. The coupon codes almost always exclude groupsets, however, in case that is what you are looking for.

TronnyJenkins
03-09-2016, 11:07 AM
Weird, they (Ribble) must be the only company that doesn't automatically add you to the mailing list when you make an order. I actually kinda like that. ...Except in this case I turned on notifications :D

It depends on what you are looking for, but I get emails about once a week for some kind of sale. The coupon codes almost always exclude groupsets, however, in case that is what you are looking for.

Yeah, group set is what I'm shopping for. This one may have been a sale celebrating their new website or something. Thought for some reason the one I want is a good $60 cheaper when added to the cart... maybe I should pounce.

cpamplin
03-09-2016, 11:59 AM
Compared to US prices, everyday is a sale day.

I usually look for vouchers when I order from Ribble, but I had an order ready yesterday and couldn't find one... *shrug* ordered anyway. Mind you I'm in Canada and the USD exchange right now is most definitely not in my favor.

tumbler
03-14-2016, 12:19 PM
Yeah, group set is what I'm shopping for. This one may have been a sale celebrating their new website or something. Thought for some reason the one I want is a good $60 cheaper when added to the cart... maybe I should pounce.

Got a Ribble email today that they have extended these codes to include Shimano groupsets. Thought I would post here in case you're still looking.

£10 off £100 - use code "SHIM10"
£25 off £250 - use code "SHIM25"

Good until Wednesday 17th March (GMT).

FlashUNC
03-14-2016, 12:29 PM
How often does the sun rise?

572cv
03-14-2016, 02:14 PM
Got a Ribble email today that they have extended these codes to include Shimano groupsets. Thought I would post here in case you're still looking.

£10 off £100 - use code "SHIM10"
£25 off £250 - use code "SHIM25"

Good until Wednesday 17th March (GMT).

But..... Wednesday is the 16th! Oh well. I got that email too.

TronnyJenkins
03-14-2016, 03:09 PM
Thanks! Saw that today (though I still didn't get an email... Checking spam folder in 10, 9, 8...)

Funny though, the group I want is about $11 more than it was before the sale. Should've pounced on the 40£ sale.