PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have a SO that kicks their butt?

merlinmurph
03-08-2016, 07:11 AM
The riding-with-your-wife thread got me thinking - does anybody have a significant other that kicks their butt?

Generally, the stories tend towards where the male acquiesces to the female. Surely there have to be some guys out there who get their butts kicked by their wives.

Enjoy your ride, regardless of who kicks butt,
Murph

tv_vt
03-08-2016, 07:28 AM
Oh, you mean when riding bikes...

Nevermind.

Dead Man
03-08-2016, 08:09 AM
No KICKS.... She uses a belt usually.

Which is totally acceptable... I prefer bare hand, but that wears her out physically and emptionally way faster

nooneline
03-08-2016, 08:19 AM
my wife had raced for a few years before i started - she taught me the basics, and we trained together. then a combination of work demands and grad school led her to basically stop racing and kept her riding down a bunch, too.

in the past few years she's returned to racing and even though her training isn't super consistent or focused, the regular riding and racing leads to incredible gains. last winter we were riding in the SF area and she was absolutely crushing me up hills. I'm no slouch - cat 1 and 2 in three disciplines - but when we were on Mt Diablo she was riding next to me chatting as I was hanging my head over my bars, and eventually just decided to ride away from me altogether. she wound up winning the elite state championship criterium that year by soloing away from a pretty stacked field, getting 45 seconds in 8 laps and winning with nobody else in the picture.

earlfoss
03-08-2016, 08:21 AM
No KICKS.... She uses a belt usually.

Which is totally acceptable... I prefer bare hand, but that wears her out physically and emptionally way faster

Do you prefer to be choked with it or spanked?

Mzilliox
03-08-2016, 08:40 AM
This thread derailed fast:beer:

My wife on any given day can push me. She can't quite kick my butt, but shes a marathon runner, a strong woman, and shes very competitive. I can still crush her in the hills, but on flats she can push me for all i'm worth. shes a masher and im a spinner, go figure...

Dead Man
03-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Do you prefer to be choked with it or spanked?

Well.. spanked, of course... this thread is about butts, afterall.

But now that you mention it - next time she's in "cowgirl," I may very well have her give that a try

Thanks! :beer:

tuscanyswe
03-08-2016, 10:07 AM
My GF holds a black belt in Ju-jutsu, luckily i have (yet) to find out just how bad the spanking could be.

kitsnob
03-08-2016, 10:10 AM
My wife is a Personal Trainer so she can kick my ass in almost anything ....
Except for cycling ... not her thing eventhough we owned a Santana tandem for a while but it got such limited use I sold it for a fraction of what I paid for it (regretfully)
I'm in decent shape ... she's in fantastic shape!
Kicks my ass!!

azrider
03-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Running? Yes.

Tennis? Yes.

Cycling? No.

Golf? No.

kevinvc
03-08-2016, 10:30 AM
I have a hard time keeping up with my wife when we're cycling... but she rides an e-bike. :banana:

bcroslin
03-08-2016, 10:35 AM
running she absolutely kills me.

GregL
03-08-2016, 10:51 AM
My wife is a far more accomplished and talented athlete than I am. Cycling is probably the only sport that I can outperform her - and that is for the most part due to size (greater power to drag ratio). We resolved that discrepancy by riding a tandem. Now the folks who have to follow us on the local cycling club rides get to suffer instead of me...

- Greg

oldpotatoe
03-08-2016, 11:33 AM
The riding-with-your-wife thread got me thinking - does anybody have a significant other that kicks their butt?

Generally, the stories tend towards where the male acquiesces to the female. Surely there have to be some guys out there who get their butts kicked by their wives.

Enjoy your ride, regardless of who kicks butt,
Murph

on the bike or in general, or both?:D

ultraman6970
03-08-2016, 12:04 PM
I know one that if she wanted to race would kick ass even more :)

ps: is not my SO just in case.

mtechnica
03-08-2016, 01:23 PM
My girlfriend has won local races and can beat me up longer climbs sometimes, and hang on the flats. She is faster than a lot of guys we ride with.

commonguy001
03-08-2016, 01:40 PM
If we're hiking or backpacking she has the edge and pretty much crushes me.
On the bike I make sure I'm nice and she much prefers a tandem to half bike as she never has to worry about coming off my wheel.

phutterman
03-08-2016, 03:25 PM
My girlfriend and I are pretty comparable right now - we'll beat each other up climbs one of us knows better than the other, for instance, though I have a little more top end and can outsprint her, I think. But she's a much better racer than I am, and is probably going to keep getting fitter while I stay relatively the same since she's doing 15hr weeks while I'm lucky to scrape by with 10, lately.

Needless to say, being able to hang with and challenge each other doing what we love is pretty wonderful.

donevwil
03-08-2016, 03:41 PM
My wife commutes 120 mi/week and I commute 16. Due to our commuting being the bulk of our training this time of year she kicks my A on any ride over 40 miles. She also likes to ride forever, no chamois time limit. My mental "alarm" goes off at 4hrs when out of shape (now) and 7 hrs in shape, she can do 10 hrs any time.

toytech
03-08-2016, 06:49 PM
My wife crushes me on climbs, a total natural. (being 100lbs to my 230 sure helps too..):p I am faster going down hill though so there is that..

AJosiahK
03-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Yesss

My wife is currently racing elite ladies cyclocross. I'm bias of course. But she is gifted in the physical realm that is one of a cyclist. And in persona. It's truely fun to watch her come into her own.

We're already planning a trip to Belgium next feb for races there

Ti Designs
03-08-2016, 09:13 PM
My girlfriend is the one on the right (wearing a Harvard jacket), Anja is the one on the left. The two of them finished 1-2 overall in two triathlons last year. Getting my butt kicked once in a while is to be expected...