PDA

View Full Version : Lance

93legendti
03-07-2016, 04:38 PM
"A federal judge has dismissed part of the federal government’s civil fraud lawsuit against Lance Armstrong, giving the disgraced cyclist a small but potentially significant victory in a case that still could cost him $100 million.

The ruling – finalized Monday – throws out the government’s argument that Armstrong’s cycling team had an obligation to pay back sponsorship money it received from the U.S. Postal Service...

As a result, the government might have a harder time proving it was defrauded and suffered damages from Armstrong’s banned doping practices as a member of the USPS cycling team. Several other parts of the government’s case against Armstrong are still in play, including its allegation that the cycling team made direct false claims for payment to the USPS.

“The government will have a tougher hill to climb,” said Tony Anikeeff, an attorney and False Claims Act expert who is not involved with the Armstrong case."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/cycling/2016/03/07/lance-armstrong-false-claims-act-lawsuit-cooper-ruling/81439814/

Macadamia
03-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Will we forever read his name with "disgraced cyclist"? Kind of like Rodney King was always "black motorist".

jlwdm
03-07-2016, 07:00 PM
USPS definitely got a lot of publicity out of the sponsorship. Still a major question as to whether or not it had any value.

I don't understand how daily mail survives. The service should be immediately cut to 3 days a week and then cut more over time.

Jeff

Dead Man
03-07-2016, 07:06 PM
I don't understand how daily mail survives. The service should be immediately cut to 3 days a week and then cut more over time.

Jeff

Why?

I don't know about you, but I send a receive mail daily... I guess it wouldn't ruin me if I had huge blocks of time between calls, but it sure would be a PITA

---

Leave Lance Alone

http://cdn.chud.com/f/ff/ff237d31_leave-britney-alone.jpeg

ultraman6970
03-07-2016, 07:21 PM
I thought this USPS vs LA sue thing was already finished, remember LA proved that after all USPS got what they wanted, exposure, publicity and a lot of more money than what they put into the team. Remember this was the argument that LA won, unless this is a new case?

93legendti
03-07-2016, 07:48 PM
^ not sure- saw this link as I was reading my local sports page online.

Interesting point to raise would be-if Lance didn't dope and didn't win anything, would USPS have gotten the same return on its investment?

rnhood
03-07-2016, 08:27 PM
If the postal service has a problem with Lance then they can hire a lawyer. Our government needs to get out of this as it only soaks the taxpayers. If they don't have more important things to do then they should be laid off.

Dead Man
03-07-2016, 08:49 PM
It's just spite at this point.

If I was Lance, I'da been trucking money to Switzerland for the last 5 years anyway. And since we seem to have similar B-Cluster personalities, I'm sure he has been.

cachagua
03-08-2016, 12:59 AM
It's just spite at this point.

It's been nothing but spite for a long, long time. I'm frankly embarrassed at how people have been duped into hating this guy by the cheezy whining of professional scandal-mongers.

This individual and his co-conspirators delivered some of the most riveting moments in sport most of us have ever seen, or ever will see. END OF STORY.

jlwdm
03-08-2016, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE=Dead Man;1931731]Why?

I don't know about you, but I send a receive mail daily... I guess it wouldn't ruin me if I had huge blocks of time between calls, but it sure would be a PITA

---

I can't imagine anything coming in the mail that could not be one day later. I am phasing out of my post office box (to my home address) which I have had for about 7 years. I pick up the mail at the post office every week or two. Bills are all email and auto pay. I don't need the weekly ads.

Most other communications are email.

Jeff

54ny77
03-08-2016, 08:35 AM
Maybe Sharapova and Lance will hit the celebrity doubles tennis circuit.

Hawker
03-08-2016, 05:36 PM
Maybe Sharapova and Lance will hit the celebrity doubles tennis circuit.

Now that's just petty and mean. Funny though. :D