PDA

View Full Version : i rode sram today too.

swoop
06-11-2006, 10:03 PM
and it works as well as the others. the hoods are too wide for my small hands at the bars.. the front deraulleur works fine but.. if you try to trim it you are instantly thrown in the small ring. i wanted to have an oohhh ahh experience and i didnt. but it was solid and well made.

it's a great oem option... but the derailleurs don't have the finish to put them on par with the others. it is a viable option that will hopefully have the legs to evolve.

the rear shifter works immediately and flawlessly and is very intuitive. has the shifting feel of shimano.

good stuff. equal to or slightly less than.

atmo. nothing to hate about it at all... with lot's to like. it would still be my third choice when building a dream bike...

gasman
06-11-2006, 11:33 PM
What is number one and number two ?

swoop
06-11-2006, 11:59 PM
claire forlani
kate beckinsdale

Bill Bove
06-12-2006, 06:20 AM
claire forlani
kate beckinsdale
No argument here :D

sspielman
06-12-2006, 07:47 AM
I got see some demo bikes built up the the Philadelphia race. I think that the earlier assessment that it was "equal to or less than" the competition was brilliant. There is no reason that the double tap shifting isn't valid, but it certainly isn't an advantage...just different. Most of the parts have a decent finish, but I am left with the overall impression that it is all a little chintzy when compared to Dura Ace, Record, or Chorus...and that is the intended competition for the Force group. I agree that the OEM market will be the big push...and SRAM seems willing and able to spend enough money to help make it happen.