PDA

View Full Version : Another Paceline side effect

Cicli
03-02-2016, 06:26 PM
So, alot of times I am reading a thread and dont pay attention to who the author of each post is. Then someone posts a picture of their bike and I innedialely know whos bike it is. Is that odd? I dont know but a few paceliners personally but I know your handle and your bike.
Anyone else have this issue?

thegunner
03-02-2016, 06:41 PM
So, alot of times I am reading a thread and dont pay attention to who the author of each post is. Then someone posts a picture of their bike and I innedialely know whos bike it is. Is that odd? I dont know but a few paceliners personally but I know your handle and your bike.
Anyone else have this issue?

not online, but racing. i completely forget who someone is if i look at their face, but i'll see their bike and i remember their name.

Veloo
03-02-2016, 06:53 PM
In the group rides if someone asks if you know so and so, the usual response is "What does he/ she ride?"

Dead Man
03-02-2016, 07:00 PM
not online, but racing. i completely forget who someone is if i look at their face, but i'll see their bike and i remember their name.

Yea.. me too.

Cuz it's written on their top tube.

thegunner
03-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Yea.. me too.

Cuz it's written on their top tube.

this doesn't seem to be much of a thing in NYC...

CampyorBust
03-03-2016, 01:30 AM
Not odd at all, you have a visual memory much like myself. Currently I am conducting social observations in an effort to explore how visual memory interacts with the human conscience, fascinating stuff! Also researching mob mentality but that’s totally OT.

happycampyer
03-03-2016, 02:14 AM
Anyone else have this issue?Sort of related, but how often do you do a google search for the name of a custom or boutique builder, sort the results by images, and recognize many of the bikes in the results (and often know who the owners are, or actually know them)?

mvrider
03-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Perhaps this is a related effect: I tend to remember our neighbors' dogs names better than the humans'.

cp43
03-03-2016, 08:35 AM
Perhaps this is a related effect: I tend to remember our neighbors' dogs names better than the humans'.

My wife and I are like this too. We didn't know anyone until we got dogs. Now, we know all the dogs in the neighborhood, but hardly any of the people, and none of the people who don't have dogs.