PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo Eurus clinchers

Cicli
02-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Thoughts on these?
I ran across a set that are a couple of years old but never used. I can get them for a song. Are aluminum spokes anything to be concerned about?
I weighed them and at 1450g they are pretty light and look really good.

Thoughts? I know they are not custom but for a factory wheel me thinks they are not too bad.

ultraman6970
02-29-2016, 04:56 PM
One of my friends have a set, he likes them, he is in the light side tho, so cant really if they will flex with a 200+ pounds guy over them but i doubt it.

tuscanyswe
02-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Eurus are great wheels. Just a matter of how much a song cost and just how old they are..

Cicli
02-29-2016, 05:11 PM
Eurus are great wheels. Just a matter of how much a song cost and just how old they are..

2014 and 500 bucks. Skewers and wheelbags. The rear was on a display. The front in a box.

thirdgenbird
02-29-2016, 05:12 PM
Sounds like a good deal on great wheels to me.

Tim Porter
02-29-2016, 05:34 PM
I've got lots of miles on 2 sets of Eurus wheels. No problems whatsoever and have never touched a wheel other than cleaning and routine maintenance. Excellent wheels, esp. if you can get a deal. Tim

FlashUNC
02-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Just got a set of the next step up, the Shamals.

Solid wheels. I'd go for it.

wgp
02-29-2016, 08:24 PM
Just got a set of the next step up, the Shamals.

Solid wheels. I'd go for it.

What's not to love about Shamals?!? I have two sets, one tubular and one clincher, and they are amazing, do-everything wheels. I also have a set of clincher Eurus; also great wheels (though I prefer the Shamals). They are my winter commuting wheels, and have never needed any attention (other than hub repacks) in likely eight years of use.

CSKeller
02-29-2016, 08:30 PM
I have a set of Shamals..2 way fit. I run them tubeless and love them. Bomb-proof wheels.

You can't go wrong with Campagnolo wheels!

tv_vt
02-29-2016, 09:44 PM
The Eurus' have aluminum spokes? Thought you had to go up to Shamals to get those, and that Eurus have steel spokes.

Personally, have never had Al-spoked wheels and have seen them break on buddy's bikes, so would be curious about what they offer.

In any case, that sounds like a good deal. Zonda's are over $400 most places, so one bill more for the Eurus sounds great.

ntb1001
02-29-2016, 09:56 PM
I have a set of 2 way fit Eurus wheels....great wheels.
I've also had the fulcrum version a few years back...the aluminum spoke version...fulcrum zero's. They were great too.

JLP
02-29-2016, 10:42 PM
Great wheels.

CSKeller
02-29-2016, 10:54 PM
Got over 14,000 km on my Shamals with aluminum spokes with no issues, and I have weighed 90+ kg for most of those miles.

ldamelio
03-01-2016, 05:53 AM
My circa 2006 are still going strong - probably about 30,000 miles. That was the year the current design, minus a few tweaks, came out. Started off as my race/special occasion wheels then they were my everyday wheels for a few years. They still get 1-2000 miles a year on bike #2. Survived many Battenkills and lots of 'gravel' before it became a thing. Have never needed truing, just a repack every couple of years. Highly recommended, esp at that price. My next wheels are Shamal tubulars.

morrisericd
03-01-2016, 06:02 AM
I've had a set of Eurus wheels for about 10 years. I ran them on my road bike and now they've been moved to my extra cross/gravel grinder/winter bike. Over the last two years I've ridden numerous cross and gravel type races with them without an issue. I'm impressed with how much abuse they can take running rutted out Vermont roads. Hubs, spokes, rims, no issues whatsoever. I'm no lightweight either - about 190lbs in riding gear. Right now they're mounted up with MSO 33's and while the profile of the rim isn't perfect for such a wide tire they run great. Go for it!

oldpotatoe
03-01-2016, 06:37 AM
Thoughts on these?
I ran across a set that are a couple of years old but never used. I can get them for a song. Are aluminum spokes anything to be concerned about?
I weighed them and at 1450g they are pretty light and look really good.

Thoughts? I know they are not custom but for a factory wheel me thinks they are not too bad.

Great hubs, proprietary spokes but unlike some mavic, don't break that often. If ones does, you may have an issue finding one. PLUS need a magnet and steel insert to install the nipple(not hard but certainly 'unique').

AngryScientist
03-01-2016, 06:42 AM
campagnolo does not make a bad pre-built wheel. eurus are a solid choice.