PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Regal Saddles

sokyroadie
02-27-2016, 09:04 AM
I had a Regal for 20 years on a 1984 Mercian and loved it, not sure why I never bought another one. Now I want to try another:

What is the difference between the REGAL GIRARDI Saddle and the current Regal that looks like it. I know bobswire and zmudshark are both Regal guru's.

I think the Girardi's are long out of production but not sure.

Thanks,
Jeff

zmudshark
02-27-2016, 09:24 AM
JMO, but the Girardi feels more comfortable to me, though the shape is the same. The Girardi's are leather, or other natural coverings. I think the modern Regals are Lorica, or something.

All Girardi's will be either used or NO$

merckx
02-27-2016, 09:59 AM
The Girardis have more padding, particularly compared to the current titanium Regal. The Girardi is the best of the lot in my opinion. They are steel railed, and are heavier as a result.

bobswire
02-27-2016, 10:08 AM
Girardi's are like sitting on a cloud,Comfort! New ones with graphics are like sitting on a brick, I guess it works it u are a harda$$. :)

zmudshark
02-28-2016, 03:34 PM
The Girardis have more padding, particularly compared to the current titanium Regal. The Girardi is the best of the lot in my opinion. They are steel railed, and are heavier as a result. My Ti railed and cast aluminum railed Girardi's beg to differ.