PDA

View Full Version : Is the Meivici bringing down the house?

Avispa
06-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Post deleted, question answered by Serotta!

spiderman
06-09-2006, 01:11 PM
i received 3 emails from serotta andrew...
...sorry, i personally have probably led to the perceived slow-down
just because i'm so high maintenance...

Serotta_James
06-09-2006, 01:27 PM
To answer the question, yes, production has slowed down. We're currently running production lead-times about 2 weeks longer than normal on most models. The MeiVici is definately the culprit. Shifting from prototyping to production is always a tricky venture and rarely as smooth as everyone wants it to be. We also have a tremendous number of backorders.
In good news we just upgraded our bonding facility to be able to process more bonded bikes per day. This should aleviate some of the bottlenecking issues.

As for emails and such, that should not be affected. Drafts still should only take 48 hours to produce, unless we are going back and forth on the design with you and the dealer, which I do think is the issue in this case...

Ahneida Ride
06-09-2006, 02:19 PM
This is the price of innovation.
I would much rather wait then to have an inferior product delivered.

I am sure that Serotta is doing the best they can.

I live close to the factory. Sometimes on a ride, I drop by.
I never see people around BSing and drinking coffee.

Maintaining perfection is not easy.

mwos
06-10-2006, 06:26 PM
A couple of weeks behind? When I ordered my Ottrott in mid April I was told 6 weeks which put it due around Memorial Day. Then I was told it would be delayed a week or two, early June? Thursday I got the word the end of the month. So does that mean early July?

Do I earn any interest on my deposit?

From what I understand there wasn't much of an issue with the draft.

Kathi

Smiley
06-10-2006, 08:15 PM
No fret , Rome was not built in a day . Best time to order a custom bike is the dead of winter :) Like I did :banana:

mwos
06-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Well, Smiley, that was my plan, and I had my fitting set up for Jan 17th. However, a little thing like running into a ski lift closed rope changed things.

Since, we didn't know the outcome of my injury everything got delayed. I shouldn't complain, at least I'm getting the bike this year. If I had more damage to my knee than anticipated I was going to wait until Winter of 07.

Kathi

55/Rad
06-10-2006, 10:49 PM
A few extra weeks for something as cool as the Meivici seems like nothing. Try waiting 2 years and counting for a paintjob.

The very best is always worth the wait.

55/Rad

purplecu22
06-11-2006, 06:25 AM
I am waiting 2 months for a Fierte IT. So much for a stock purchase. :confused: