PDA

View Full Version : Don't expect Boombotix to back their warranty

seanile
02-25-2016, 11:17 AM
You may remember Boombotix from when they were lambasted for fat-shaming a very well known New England cyclist, Ernest Gagnon (http://groupthink.kinja.com/dudebros-busted-being-dudebros-boombotix-startup-editi-1558807135).
It seems they haven't learned how to support their consumers since then, so consider this a PSA/warning before you look to buy from them.

the TL;DR of it..Apparently, if you are discontinuing stock and purge the product to make room for new product, you don't have to back your warranty on the old item anymore, despite having products available of comparable value.

I bought a Boombot 2 on Cyber Monday when they were purging old stock to make room for their new models. This isn't a review of the product, it's a great little piece of equipment for commuting to work, easy to use and pretty damn loud. This is a commentary on their integrity in backing their warranty. It started when, this week, the charging port dislocated somehow and now I can't charge it.

They offer an explicit, ironically named, "No Matter What Warranty", limited of course, that says they'll "repair or replace your unit within one year of purchase." The warranty also states, and this is important, "Note that Boombotix regularly changes the models, colorways, and styles of its Products and cannot guarantee the availability of an exact replacement for any Product." So I filed a claim. Also, know this, I'm a contracts manager, I know how to interpret terms and conditions because I do it for a living.

What that warranty doesn't state, or even infer, is that because the product is discontinued, they only have to offer me a $20 credit on my next purchase...which is what I was quickly informed. The least expensive speaker they have is $40. That sure doesn't sound like "repair or replace." The MSRP for my Boombot 2 was also $40, so what's the problem? Not like I'm asking for a $150 version.

After I responded and cited both the warranty and the user guide, I got a repeat response about $20, but with the added rebuttal to their own warranty terms:
"As you are correct our warranty does state that 'we will repair or replace your unit within one year of purchase.' But unfortunately we no longer do repairs and can not replace an item we do not have."
"As for the last paragraph where it states 'Note that Boombotix regularly changes the models, colorways, and styles of its Products and cannot guarantee the availability of an exact replacement for any Product.' meaning that in cases as yours we are willing to refund you and give you a $20 credit to our online store."

So that speaks for itself. My response was basically expressing my disbelief in the fact that a warranty disappears when a product is discontinued, despite having products available of comparable value.
I'll bet some of you will call me cheap, and say that the $20 was fair, but if they wanted to skimp on the warranty due to the discontinuation (which they were obviously aware of when purging the product), then make that a condition of the sale! I was offered the product with a full 1-yr "No Matter What Warranty," and they did not deliver on their side of the contract.

Two strikes now, and I'm not going to give them the chance to get a third.

edit: the referenced refund is officially $0.09.
their sale was $0.10 for the boombot 2, chronic edition (probably had a lot of leftover stock because it was ugly as sin).
and i, for giggles, used a %10 off coupon.

edit 2: this interaction wasn't with just one customer service rep, but three.

EPIC! Stratton
02-25-2016, 11:30 AM
May be worth posting this in a few other spots (Reddit, consumerist, their facebook). At the worst, it lets folks know this is a company that doesn't care about customer service, doesn't honor their own terms/conditions/warranty, and are general dbags (re fat shaming and being general "dudebros").

martinez
02-25-2016, 11:53 AM
And here I was considering picking up something from them for summer group rides. Very disappointing to hear.

Lewis Moon
02-25-2016, 11:57 AM
Sorry...Whisky Tango Foxtrot? Boombot?

ultraman6970
02-25-2016, 12:49 PM
Who buys this crap anyways :P

fiamme red
02-25-2016, 01:00 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c0/5c/2e/c05c2e2ce98f3a54860bf817d296a16c.jpg

Dead Man
02-25-2016, 01:04 PM
Wait a minute.... they're offering to refund you AND give you a $20 credit?

While not mind-blowing amazing, that's still a pretty damn solid deal.... why you gotta problem with that?

gdw
02-25-2016, 01:14 PM
'Note that Boombotix regularly changes the models, colorways, and styles of its Products and cannot guarantee the availability of an exact replacement for any Product.' meaning that in cases as yours we are willing to refund you and give you a $20 credit to our online store."

Methinks you're out of line.

PaulE
02-25-2016, 01:15 PM
Wait a minute.... they're offering to refund you AND give you a $20 credit?

While not mind-blowing amazing, that's still a pretty damn solid deal.... why you gotta problem with that?

Sounds like there is some confusement on what they are offering - if $40 refund plus $20 credit towards next purchase, that sounds pretty ok. If the person who wrote it is literacy challenged and they're only offering the $20 credit despite what is written, that is pretty sucky.

notsew
02-25-2016, 01:17 PM
nvmd

seanile
02-25-2016, 01:21 PM
refund is officially $0.09.
their sale was $0.10 for the boombot 2, chronic edition (probably had a lot of leftover stock because it was ugly as sin).
they know what i paid because they received the receipt.

jtakeda
02-25-2016, 01:24 PM
refund is officially $0.09.
they know what i paid because they received the receipt.

Wait. You paid .09 for the thing?

seanile
02-25-2016, 01:28 PM
yes. however, when it comes to honoring a warranty as it's written, paid price is irrelevant. it's a sunk cost.

jtakeda
02-25-2016, 01:31 PM
Hmmm. If they discontinued the product I don't see any problem with a refund AND $20 credit.

Dead Man
02-25-2016, 01:32 PM
yes. however, when it comes to honoring a warranty as it's written, paid price is irrelevant. it's a sunk cost.

But they ARE giving you a full refund, such as it is, plus $20...

So it's not like they aren't making good on their word.

I can see both points of view here.. but you took advantage of a good deal, they're taking advantage of an out. Seems about same/same to me... plus you get $20 toward a newer, hopefully improved model.

seanile
02-25-2016, 01:34 PM
..So it's not like they aren't making good on their word...

they aren't though, it's "repair or replace."
nowhere does it mention "issue a refund of the invoiced amount," or, "terms may not apply if sold at unprecedented discount."
neither of the warranty's written conditions can be accomplished with the proposed remedy.

please clarify where their "out" is? copy of the terms: here (https://assets.boombotix.com/assets/shared/boombotix-limited-warranty-bd47717e250982e26c81c2c9e69085360a6b6c7f8fbd86683b 2de3dbc42ad326.pdf)

also, new username?

EPIC! Stratton
02-25-2016, 01:42 PM
But they ARE giving you a full refund, such as it is, plus $20...

So it's not like they aren't making good on their word.

I can see both points of view here.. but you took advantage of a good deal, they're taking advantage of an out. Seems about same/same to me... plus you get $20 toward a newer, hopefully improved model.

I respectfully disagree. They are not making good on their word, as their word would be "repair or replace your unit within one year of purchase." Nothing is mentioned about a refund in the event of the new units being more expensive. They do however state that "Note that Boombotix regularly changes the models, colorways, and styles of its Products and cannot guarantee the availability of an exact replacement for any Product."

Based off of this, it seems to me that regardless of whether he took advantage of a good deal, they should stand by their warranty and replace this - even if it's with their cheapest unit/a refurbished unit. Simply saying something like "well, we aren't going to replace it but we'll give you a $20 coupon towards buying more crap we don't stand behind" is them lying.

I certainly wouldn't buy anything from them again if this were me. Why bother. They won't stand behind that one either I imagine.

kevinvc
02-25-2016, 01:55 PM
Contractually speaking, I don't see how anyone could disagree with the OP.

"repair or replace your unit", "... cannot guarantee the availability of an exact replacement for any Product."

To me, that means they must either:
1) repair the product (they say they can't)
2) replace it with another unit of the same model (they can't because it's discontinued)
3) replace it with a unit of a similar model (they can, but they've chosen not to do so)

Financially, their offer is moderately reasonable: a new unit for $20 (assuming there are no shipping / handling charges), which is 50% off standard pricing. But that's not what their warranty states. Some might consider it petty or not worth the hassle, but if the company wants the option of refunding the original purchase price and issuing a credit, they need to put that language in their warranty.

I rule in favor of the plaintiff.

That said, I consider non-personal speakers to have terrible sound quality and to be incredibly obnoxious. :p

EPIC! Stratton
02-25-2016, 02:06 PM
Contractually speaking, I don't see how anyone could disagree with the OP.

"repair or replace your unit", "... cannot guarantee the availability of an exact replacement for any Product."

To me, that means they must either:
1) repair the product (they say they can't)
2) replace it with another unit of the same model (they can't because it's discontinued)
3) replace it with a unit of a similar model (they can, but they've chosen not to do so)

Financially, their offer is moderately reasonable: a new unit for $20 (assuming there are no shipping / handling charges), which is 50% off standard pricing. But that's not what their warranty states. Some might consider it petty or not worth the hassle, but if the company wants the option of refunding the original purchase price and issuing a credit, they need to put that language in their warranty.

I rule in favor of the plaintiff.

That said, I consider non-personal speakers to have terrible sound quality and to be incredibly obnoxious. :p

Could be extra obnoxious to the company by filing a claim in small claims court I imagine.
Also a complaint to the BBB.
Also Yelp review.
Also write their phone number in a bathroom stall at a truck stop.

:butt:

Dead Man
02-25-2016, 02:08 PM
they aren't though, it's "repair or replace."
nowhere does it mention "issue a refund of the invoiced amount," or, "terms may not apply if sold at unprecedented discount."
neither of the warranty's written conditions can be accomplished with the proposed remedy.

please clarify where their "out" is? copy of the terms: here (https://assets.boombotix.com/assets/shared/boombotix-limited-warranty-bd47717e250982e26c81c2c9e69085360a6b6c7f8fbd86683b 2de3dbc42ad326.pdf)

also, new username?

Take it up the chain, man. If it's straight up "repair or replace," no mention of refund, and they're refusing to make good on that - you know you have a claim.

Dead Man
02-25-2016, 02:10 PM
Esepcially in a situation like this where you have no (at least I hope you don't) real emotional connection and can be totally objective.

"The Man" often wins in these disputes because the little guy just gets so upset he can't even deal with it. Here's your chance to shine!

seanile
02-25-2016, 02:16 PM
Take it up the chain, man. If it's straight up "repair or replace," no mention of refund, and they're refusing to make good on that - you know you have a claim.

that's what i'm planning on doing. trying to figure out who to reach and how.

seanile
02-25-2016, 02:17 PM
.(computer freaked out)

likebikes
02-25-2016, 02:30 PM
is this the item in question?

https://assets.boombotix.com/app/public/spree/products/1470/large/BB2_CRON_FRONT.jpg?1399482408

seanile
02-25-2016, 02:48 PM
yep. even came with rolling papers...

CunegoFan
02-25-2016, 02:53 PM
I have absolutely zero sympathy for the OP. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Bupkis.

He paid nine cents--nine freaking cents!--and they are giving him that back plus twenty bucks yet he takes it upon himself to wage a campaign against the company online, going so far as to make a rather ludicrous connection between another incident in the company's history that no one cares about. Entitled ***** like this are why REI was forced to alter its warranties.

seanile
02-25-2016, 03:07 PM
REI had to alter their warranty policy because people were abusing it and lying about how they were "dissatisfied" after loving/using the hell out of their product.

my claim was 100% appropriate, the port for the charger malfunctioned. i didnt stab it with a screw driver and claim "manufacturer's defect! gimme free ����!"

what i paid is irrelevant. they set the price. i paid it. if that's an issue, tell them to not put it so low. had you not known i paid that little, you'd probably be singing a different tune. or better yet, had you bought it at full price (which i'm sure many folks did between 2/25/15 and 2/25/16, and they pulled this on you, you definitely would be.

your outrage is obviously conditional.

gdw
02-25-2016, 03:22 PM
You bought some obnoxious speakers for $.09 and you're whining because they broke and Boombotic will only refund your payment and give you a $20 discount on a future purchase? Are you serious or is this just a slow day at work?

earlfoss
02-25-2016, 03:24 PM
You bought some obnoxious speakers for $.09 and you're whining because they broke and Boombotic will only refund your payment and give you a $20 discount on a future purchase? Are you serious or is this just a slow day at work?

Probably both!

slidey
02-25-2016, 03:29 PM
I'm not really seeing your point, OP.

1. They set a blowout price for an item,
2. You buy the item at that price,
3. You have an issue with product, but since it was a blowout item, its no longer available on stock
4. You cite warranty repair/replace, and the company seems to have done better by you by citing inability to replace due to depleted stock, and refunding your entire money + giving you a refund in the amt of 200x the sale price, in the hope that you spend some actual money with them.
5. You're up by $20 in brand-credit, and you've enjoyed a speaker for 4 months after paying 9c for it.

I have no familiarity with the product/brand, etc, and I'm not someone that can get behind the BS antics of most corporations, but in this case, I think you've been more than well served by a company.

You might still be able to garner some traction elsewhere on the net, where every manner of issue gets an airing, but I'd be willing to wager that you'd be on the receiving end of some very sharp criticism on popular platforms like Reddit, if you do disclose your entire story.

mtb_frk
02-25-2016, 03:31 PM
I was wondering what in the world you could buy for nine cents, after seeing that picture now I understand. ;)

kevinvc
02-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Definitely some harsh words for the OP from some of the crowd here.

Questions: what is the price threshold at which a company is no longer obligated to follow their stated warranty? Is it a set dollar amount or a percentage of the buyer's income? I mean, if Bill Gates is riding his Cervelo P5 and the frame cracks due to manufacturer's defect, is it ok for them to offer him a credit for his next purchase instead of actually replacing the frame?

Look, I get what some people are saying: OP got a speaker for basically free and is now being offered the chance to buy a replacement at half price. That sounds reasonable. But the fact is that the company states one thing on their warranty and is refusing to honor it.

The dollar amount is negligible and it may seem petty for the OP to complain about their offer. But, as the adage goes, Boombotix should say what they mean and mean what they say.

likebikes
02-25-2016, 04:49 PM
Op should take it to small claims court.

Veloo
02-25-2016, 05:40 PM
Gonna get me one of these so I can blast my Yanni and John Tesh on my training rides.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c0/5c/2e/c05c2e2ce98f3a54860bf817d296a16c.jpg

nmrt
02-25-2016, 06:10 PM
Wait, is the OP on the wrong side because it was 9 cents? At what price point does a customer approach the company for a product that broke within the warranty period -- $9, $900? Seems rather subjective. The company should
honor the warranty regardless of how much was paid. Repair or replace the item.

QUOTE=slidey;1924762]I'm not really seeing your point, OP.

3. You have an issue with product, but since it was a blowout item, its no longer available on stock
4. You cite warranty repair/replace, and the company seems to have done better by you by citing inability to replace due to depleted stock, and refunding your entire money + giving you a refund in the amt of 200x the sale price, in the hope that you spend some actual money with them.
5. You're up by $20 in brand-credit, and you've enjoyed a speaker for 4 months after paying 9c for it.

I have no familiarity with the product/brand, etc, and I'm not someone that can get behind the BS antics of most corporations, but in this case, I think you've been more than well served by a company.

You might still be able to garner some traction elsewhere on the net, where every manner of issue gets an airing, but I'd be willing to wager that you'd be on the receiving end of some very sharp criticism on popular platforms like Reddit, if you do disclose your entire story.[/QUOTE]

R3awak3n
02-25-2016, 06:24 PM
you guys are crazy if you think the OP is wrong here. If he had said he paid full price then all of a sudden the warranty is better?

Give me a break here, do you expect less warranty out of products you buy on sale? They gave him a price, he paid for it, they should have stated that because he was getting this for that cheap there would be no warranty. You do realize that if you guy one of the speakers at full price and it gets discontinued and you try to get a new replacement they will do the exact same thing?

Its their own fault, stop making these stupid warranties that you love to tell people about until you get their money.

I got one of these, its great for the city since I don't want to ride with headphones, yes you do look like a douchebag but everyone already thinks that of you because you are ridding a bike here anwyays.

eBAUMANN
02-25-2016, 06:28 PM
a warranty is a warranty, doesnt matter what was paid, if purchased new, a warranty applies unless stated otherwise.
OP sean is in the right here, no real debate there if the facts presented here are accurate.

that said, given how much the thing cost, i would have probably just binned it when it broke, but since there is a warranty, why not hit em up?

THAT said, at some point it stops being worth your time, just take what they will give you and move on, lesson learned, they suck (again), life marches on.

R3awak3n
02-25-2016, 06:30 PM
well said Ebaum, I would also have just thrown it in the trash and moved on but would not look down on anyone that tried to get warranty to take care of it.

I actually had to deal with their warranty and they were ok, took FOREVER to reply but they did send me a few extra clips since I had lost mine, for free. Turns out they sent me the wrong ones and they don't even fit but at least they did try to help.

gdw
02-25-2016, 06:41 PM
Yup you folks are right, Boombotix should have stated that all sales on closeout items are final and not covered by warranty. They messed up. They also screwed up by believing that the people who benefitted from their giveaway prices might actually have some class. Whining over a $.09 item that failed after 4 months of use is pathetic. Anyone posting a thread like this would be ragged on unmercifully almost anywhere other than a cycling forum.

makoti
02-25-2016, 06:54 PM
Yup you folks are right, Boombotix should have stated that all sales on closeout items are final and not covered by warranty. They messed up. They also screwed up by believing that the people who benefitted from their giveaway prices might actually have some class. Whining over a $.09 item that failed after 4 months of use is pathetic. Anyone posting a thread like this would be ragged on unmercifully almost anywhere other than a cycling forum.

I can't say I would have done anything other than toss the speaker in the trash if I paid 9 cents for it, but the OP is right. And so are the others who say there is not a threshold amount under which a company no longer need to honor warranties. "Repair or replace" seems pretty clear. The company should be the one ragged on, not the consumer. They need to get their collective crap straight.

pbarry
02-25-2016, 07:31 PM
You bet, you lost, the house refunded your initial bet and is willing to stake you 50% on your next hand?? I want these kinds of odds in life. I promise not to whine when I don't get the right cards. :bike:

seanile
02-25-2016, 07:49 PM
y'all are really missing the point and focusing way too much on the money.

read the title of the thread again.

then again.

and one more time.

do you get it yet?

jtakeda
02-25-2016, 07:52 PM
a warranty is a warranty, doesnt matter what was paid, if purchased new, a warranty applies unless stated otherwise.
Op sean is in the right here, no real debate there if the facts presented here are accurate.

That said, given how much the thing cost, i would have probably just binned it when it broke, but since there is a warranty, why not hit em up?

That said, at some point it stops being worth your time, just take what they will give you and move on, lesson learned, they suck (again), life marches on.

+1

pbarry
02-25-2016, 08:20 PM
You bet, you lost, the house refunded your initial bet and is willing to stake you 50% on your next hand?? I want these kinds of odds in life. I promise not to whine when I don't get the right cards. :bike:

y'all are really missing the point and focusing way too much on the money.

read the title of the thread again.

then again.

and one more time.

do you get it yet?

You bought this ····e initially, and came here looking for backup? Wow.

Maybe try Mahjong/Pente/Cards/Soaps to pass the time. I'm not interested in your "contracts" issue.

unterhausen
02-25-2016, 08:40 PM
contra to the thread title, I feel like I have learned nothing about Boombotix' attitude towards their warranty

I expect that they wish they had the excess destroyed by an electronics recycler.

CunegoFan
02-25-2016, 09:15 PM
REI had to alter their warranty policy because people were abusing it and lying about how they were "dissatisfied" after loving/using the hell out of their product.

In other words, REI had to alter its policy because a small percentage people looked for any way they could find to screw the company, regardless of whether they received fair value from a product. I trust you got more than nine cents of value.

slidey
02-25-2016, 10:23 PM
You're missing the bit where the OP mentions having received a full refund for the item in question, which, considering the item is out-of-stock, and hence ir-replacable, the company would argue is the most reasonable resolution to the "or replace" portion of the clause, in an effort to stand by said warranty.

I do agree however that the terms and conditions could've been more explicit, and encompassing, especially considering the overly litigious society we seem to have devolved into.

So under the above circumstances, yes, the OP is wrong per my view, and it has nothing to do with MSRP of the item. As I've said before, if a company decides to refund me 100% of my money spent on a used yet damaged product, and are offering me a brand-discount to the tune of 200x, then I'm going to ponder entering the Powerball very seriously.

Wait, is the OP on the wrong side because it was 9 cents? At what price point does a customer approach the company for a product that broke within the warranty period -- $9, $900? Seems rather subjective. The company should
honor the warranty regardless of how much was paid. Repair or replace the item.

I'm not really seeing your point, OP.

You might still be able to garner some traction elsewhere on the net, where every manner of issue gets an airing, but I'd be willing to wager that you'd be on the receiving end of some very sharp criticism on popular platforms like Reddit, if you do disclose your entire story.

unterhausen
02-25-2016, 10:44 PM
yeah, they might want to add the full refund as an option at their discretion.

oogens
02-27-2016, 10:26 AM
My 900 dollar tv broke, and vizio won't send me a new one and only offered me 900 dollars and $20,000 in store credit

Can you even believe that? What assholes, please support me in my ridiculous self centered tirade against the company that wronged me so.

Says a lot about your problem that, despite hating nearly everything about boombotix, I'm supporting them over the OP

Dead Man
02-27-2016, 10:52 AM
I guess as a business owner, I sorta look at it from a reasonableness perspective...

is it about rigidly holding them to a technicality, or can you just be reasonable?

For instance - I have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all work I do. Don't like the work we did? Don't pay.

$500... $5,000.... $10,000.... $15,000...... not happy? Don't pay me.

In 8 years in business, I've never once had anyone go there. Could someone? Absolutely... and if they really, really insisted they weren't happy, and there's just nothing I could do to make them happy, then I would put my hand out and say "I'm very sorry to hear that, enjoy your free roof." And an eternity in hell.

But the very few times I have had any conflict with the client, we've resolved it in a much more reasonable way - some kind of compromise. Yea, I'm willing to just give you the roof if it really comes down to it, but are you really willing to do that to me?

Most people are happy to settle on something mutually beneficial.

In this case - the business gave the OP an essentually free radio, and then offered him $20 as apology when that free radio broke.

How the ���� is that not reasonable?

Their warranty is what it is - and if you really wanted to go there, and not be reasonable about the whole thing - you can take them to the very end of that rope. Your choice.

---

All of that said, there should be no emotions or hostility in this thread. We're talking $20 here. I kind of assume we're all debating this thing in the spirit of FUN because it's an easy topic to debate, and there's very little at stake.

Why so serious?

Dead Man
02-27-2016, 10:58 AM
Why so serious?

Maybe too much is lost in digital translation, and nobody is really intending to sound so hostile

Rusty Luggs
02-27-2016, 11:16 AM
I'm find it amusing to ponder the concept of a person who presumably doesn't live in a cardboard box using a 10% off coupon for something priced at 10 cents......
I guess we must assume there was other pricier stuff in the shopping cart prompting the use of the coupon, but then again....

bobswire
02-27-2016, 11:30 AM
Well I gotta say the OP's avatar matches this thread. No offense but he goes on my ,No Sell List. < BTW I mean that in jest

Fivethumbs
02-27-2016, 03:08 PM
The OP is technically right; the company made an express warranty and is now trying to substitute different performance for what was originally bargained for. The fact that it was .$09 is not relevant in determining whether the contract was valid because the court looks only at whether consideration was sufficient to create a contract not whether it was adequate.

The thing about contract law is that there are rules, exceptions, and exceptions to the exceptions. For example, was including the warranty for that item at that price a unilateral mistake? If so, the courts will usually not allow a party out of an obligation for a unilateral mistake unless there is an unconscionable result. Is it unconscionable to require the company to provide another higher priced speaker when the original cost was $.09? Maybe. Or, was the warranty an intentional representation? If so, was it the warranty that induced the OP to purchase the speaker? Was the original warranty not sufficiently clear so the court can reform the contract? (i.e. the statement about the company not having the same model). These are all things that could be considered, so it may not seem so cut and dried.

Having said that, it looks to me like the company is offering an accord, an offer of different performance to satisfy the debt. The reasonable thing for the OP to do would be to accept the accord which would constitute a satisfaction, so there would be an accord and satisfaction and everybody walks away satisfied. If the OP wanted to sue over this, he could but I would imagine the court would apply the maxim, "The law does not concern itself with trifles" so even if the OP was technically right, the OP could lose.

Tony T
02-27-2016, 03:26 PM
For 9¢ shoulda bought 2 (or three).

Peter B
02-27-2016, 03:31 PM
Must still be winter for many.

:fight:

wc1934
02-27-2016, 04:19 PM
you guys are crazy if you think the op is wrong here. If he had said he paid full price then all of a sudden the warranty is better?

Give me a break here, do you expect less warranty out of products you buy on sale? They gave him a price, he paid for it, they should have stated that because he was getting this for that cheap there would be no warranty. You do realize that if you guy one of the speakers at full price and it gets discontinued and you try to get a new replacement they will do the exact same thing?

Its their own fault, stop making these stupid warranties that you love to tell people about until you get their money.

+1

Tony T
02-27-2016, 05:05 PM
The way I read the warranty, Boombotix did follow the terms.
(if the on-line warranty (https://assets.boombotix.com/assets/shared/boombotix-limited-warranty-bd47717e250982e26c81c2c9e69085360a6b6c7f8fbd86683b 2de3dbc42ad326.pdf) is the same one that was in effect when the OP made the purchase)

emphasis mine

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting this warranty request, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
• In the case of Fraud or Misrepresentation, Boombotix reserves the right to deny all warranty coverage or claims.
• Risk of Loss- Boombotix is not responsible for any Product that is lost in shipping and not actually received by Boombotix. To avoid unnecessary delays and minimize the possibility of a lost Product, we strongly suggest that you use a trackable shipping method. No warranty will be provided for any Product not actually received by Boombotix.
• Boombotix reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, whether a defect is a manufacturing defect and what type of credit or replacement shall be issued, if any.

oldpotatoe
02-28-2016, 06:49 AM
Must still be winter for many.

:fight:

Yup, after reading a lot of the 46, 47 posts, I still don't have any idea what he was talking about....and don't want to know...:eek:

Tony T
02-28-2016, 07:10 AM
I'm curious if that 9¢ speaker came with free shipping ;)

bobswire
02-28-2016, 08:12 AM
I'm curious if that 9¢ speaker came with free shipping ;)

Careful what you wish for. :eek: