PDA

View Full Version : Watched the Lance Armstrong movie "The Program" last night

Elefantino
02-20-2016, 11:52 AM
It hit DirecTV last night so we sat down to watch it. Had to. Love Stephen Frears. Think he's a fantastic director who makes very personal movies.

This one wasn't one of them.

Maybe it was the subject matter (:eek:) or the length of the timeline (trying to tell the whole story) but "The Program" was one of the more superficial films I've seen in quite a while. No depth of characters (although the script tried, it failed), and nothing that would make a non-cycling fan even remotely want to stay with it all the way through.

And the cycling? Not to pick nits, but LA didn't have a bike with an outboard BB in 1998 and he damn sure didn't ride 2010 Tiagra. And Bruyneel drove the car; he didn't ride in the passenger seat. And ...

Let's just say I even liked "The Revenant" more than this one.

Veloo
02-20-2016, 12:02 PM
Agree. Saw it last week.
The end seemed somewhat abrupt to me.

What I found funny was the casting for Frankie. Was wondering - "who's the dude with the long curly hair?"

Also took me a while to figure out the guy was portraying Bruyneel.

campy man
02-20-2016, 06:12 PM
Let's just say I even liked "The Revenant" more than this one.

Does this mean I should remove The Revenant from my Netflix wait list :eek:

DarrinNYC
02-20-2016, 06:26 PM
I'll probably watch it, but "Miracle" and "Rush" are the only sports movies the ever TRULY "got it."

slidey
02-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Does this mean I should remove The Revenant from my Netflix wait list :eek:

Considering that its on Netflix, and you have the leisure of being able to shut it off at any point - i'd still say, 'yes, save your 40 mins'.

ultraman6970
02-20-2016, 07:01 PM
I saw 20 minutes of it and i got tired, one thing tho, the guy doing LA does a really good job, even rides similar to him.