PDA

View Full Version : Whispbar Questions

CDollarsign
02-18-2016, 09:13 AM
It appears the whispbar site is down. Does anyone know if these are still made? I thought Yakima made them, but there is no information on their site.

Also, has anyone purchased the whispbar cargo box and owned other brands? I want to know if there is any significant improvement in MPG with the aero shape vs other manufacturers.

thirdgenbird
02-18-2016, 09:37 AM
I got some not long ago. Yakama owns them but the products really are not intergrated. The bars are a great product. I have rocky mount euro pitchfork bike mounts on mine. The rocky mounts are a perfect match and help keep cost down.

My rack setup (mounted to factory rails behind b-pillar) is dead silent.

CDollarsign
02-18-2016, 10:14 AM
Oh, my other question is: do these ever go on sale?!

apple
02-18-2016, 10:35 AM
I had some on my LR for a while. Really solid bars, I think I got them years ago when Yakima first bought them. As the poster above mentioned, they're not really integrated into the Yakima line, which is my only complaint. So Yakima racks don't really fit them without a Might Mount adapter system, which can get expensive.

But I did love the Whispbar, never made a sound.

Cat3roadracer
02-18-2016, 03:51 PM
Not compatable with the pano roof on your Jetta Sportwagen.

crownjewelwl
02-18-2016, 05:23 PM
i have whispbars and the bike rack...great stuff

i just tried to buy a cargo box but was told that they are doing a redesign and are not in stock

i'm unclear on what the strategy is...i do know yamima just launched a new series of aero bars with the same integrated t-slots

not sure if that means the demise of whispbars...

gavingould
02-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Not compatable with the pano roof on your Jetta Sportwagen.

baloney, just takes a tiny bit of effort in placement.