PDA

View Full Version : Colnago V1R and C60

r_mutt
02-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Why is there no love for the V1R frame? It seems like a racier version of a traditional Colnago. Is it really that inferior to the C60? Does the fact that it's not made with lugs discount it in the eyes of the traditionalists?

wallymann
02-17-2016, 03:08 PM
Does the fact that it's not made with lugs discount it in the eyes of the traditionalists?

this. i'm sure it's a wonderful-wonderful bike, but for the tifosi it must have lugs to be a "real" colnago.

moose8
02-17-2016, 03:49 PM
Having seen both they are both really nice obviously but the v1r had that aero brake tucked down low on the chainstay which looked like it would suck up every piece of dirt and road debris.

Tickdoc
02-17-2016, 03:52 PM
Why is there no love for the V1R frame? It seems like a racier version of a traditional Colnago. Is it really that inferior to the C60? Does the fact that it's not made with lugs discount it in the eyes of the traditionalists?
I'm with you, I happen to like the looks of the v1r, but besides the lugless construction, it comes out of Asia.

EmoryDPTT
02-17-2016, 09:07 PM
I'm a colnago fan and have multiple with my EPS being one of the best bikes I have ridden.

I have looked into both as one of my next purchases. For me, a c60 would trump over the V1-r for the following reasons:
1. I like lugged 'technology'
2. more traditional of Colnago
3. tube shape is very unique

the V1-r with/without it's paint scheme looks similar to other bike manufacturers.

Keith A
02-18-2016, 03:55 AM
Having seen both they are both really nice obviously but the v1r had that aero brake tucked down low on the chainstay which looked like it would suck up every piece of dirt and road debris.Everyone that I know that has a Trek Madone with the rear brake under the chainstay, doesn't like it there.

tigoat
02-18-2016, 06:32 AM
Having that Ferrari logo on the VT1 is already worth getting one. I actually would buy one today if they fit me. What’s up with these Colnagos having such an amateurish geometry? Head tubes are tall and top tubes are short. I would be riding a size 45 but I would need the top tube length of a size 54. How the heck did pros fit onto these geometries?

By the way, if you don’t like those rim brakes down there then you could get one with disc brakes. :D

uber
02-18-2016, 07:24 AM
That geometry is what makes the bike work for me. Amateur? Sure. I'm not a pro, but my legs are long with respect to my height so the shorter top tube makes it right for me.

soulspinner
02-18-2016, 08:12 AM
That geometry is what makes the bike work for me. Amateur? Sure. I'm not a pro, but my legs are long with respect to my height so the shorter top tube makes it right for me.

Bingo, me too. I have virtually no torso and those bikes work for me.

EmoryDPTT
02-18-2016, 08:31 AM
Only sloping options for this Colnago. I would just run an appropriate stem for achieve a desired reach when you find the frame with a HT and stack that you need.

bcroslin
02-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Everyone that I know that has a Trek Madone with the rear brake under the chainstay, doesn't like it there.

Same with the Felt AR owners I know

scpknees
02-18-2016, 11:49 AM
I've been told the V1 R with the brake on the bottom leaves little clearance for the crank arm as well.

aero drag too

Keith A
02-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Same with the Felt AR owners I knowTrek's latest Madone has the rear brake back where it belongs on the seatstays. Having ridden behind a number of these Madones, almost any time the rider applies some extra power, the wheel rubs against the brakes :eek: