PDA

View Full Version : Lowell MA Hit&Run dirtbag arrested and charged

OldCrank
02-17-2016, 08:04 AM
Pickup truck used to run down a 15-year-old riding his bike.

I'd like to see more language like this:

<<< Sousa is being charged with armed assault with intent to murder and assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon causing serious bodily injury, and additional charges are anticipated >>>

http://www.boston.com/news/2016/02/16/authorities-believe-man-intended-crash-into-teen-bicyclist/7ZHKwiBfxPe8r4K6OptWnN/story.html?p1=stream_news

ultraman6970
02-17-2016, 08:34 AM
Incredible, take his driver license for 30 years and that will deter a lot of people!!

Bruce K
02-17-2016, 08:37 AM
Unfortunately, having one's license revoked does not stop someone from getting behind the wheel again

Jail time, REAL jail time is probably the only deterrent

BK

oldpotatoe
02-17-2016, 08:37 AM
Incredible, take his driver license for 30 years and that will deter a lot of people!!

Ahh, no it won't. No driver's license does not equal not driving. Since this is an intentional act, some time in the slammer with Bubba might get his attention.

Rada
02-17-2016, 09:10 AM
For what this guy is being accused losing his license should be the least of his worries. Serious jail time seems to be in order.

CampyorBust
02-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Could very well be the same guy… http://www.lowellsun.com/baseball/ci_24915294/jail-probation-lowell-baseball-bat-assault

Assault with a baseball bat at 19, assault/attempted vehicular homicide at 21, what’s next? This guy is going away for a very long time.

ultraman6970
02-17-2016, 12:13 PM
Is not about his attention, it is about the attention of every sucker that had the same idea in the head and havent do it yet. those are the ones you have to deter. This sucker is way pass that deterrents :P

Ahh, no it won't. No driver's license does not equal not driving. Since this is an intentional act, some time in the slammer with Bubba might get his attention.

rugbysecondrow
02-17-2016, 12:26 PM
Is not about his attention, it is about the attention of every sucker that had the same idea in the head and haven't do it yet. those are the ones you have to deter. This sucker is way pass that deterrents :P

The man saw a guy (kid) on a bike in the opposite lane. He veered his truck out of his lane, across the centerline, into the oncoming lane to strike the kid. He then fled and ditched the truck.

For an act of such malice, is there even a way to deter it?

Punish him, send his ass away for a long time, not because it will deter anybody, but because he does not deserve his freedom.

BobO
02-17-2016, 12:43 PM
Punish him, send his ass away for a long time, not because it will deter anybody, but because he does not deserve his freedom.

Agreed. We are seeing demonstrated sociopathic behaviors here. Lock this guy in a hole so he can never hurt anyone again.

djg21
02-17-2016, 01:04 PM
Agreed. We are seeing demonstrated sociopathic behaviors here. Lock this guy in a hole so he can never hurt anyone again.

Criminals who intentionally and deliberately commit crimes do so because they don't believe they can or will be caught. There is not much that can be done to deter these individuals. Prison is more about protecting society by excluding them.

BobO
02-17-2016, 01:12 PM
Criminals who intentionally and deliberately commit crimes do so because they don't believe they can or will be caught. There is not much that can be done to deter these individuals. Prison is more about protecting society by excluding them.

Exactly.

velomonkey
02-17-2016, 01:25 PM
He should for sure do prison time, but before that - put a scarlet letter on him and send him to the weekly Wells Ave training race in Boston with a shirt that says "I'm a tough guy and hit kids on their bike with my truck"

Seems about right to me.

soulspinner
02-17-2016, 02:19 PM
He should for sure do prison time, but before that - put a scarlet letter on him and send him to the weekly Wells Ave training race in Boston with a shirt that says "I'm a tough guy and hit kids on their bike with my truck"

Seems about right to me.

just send him to jail with this shirt....

unterhausen
02-17-2016, 04:59 PM
I had someone drive across the centerline at me a while back. Lots of people around here live in a hell of their own devising, and need to act out in order to live with the abyss of their existence. I hope the guy just had bad aim. I know sociopaths walk among us, but I don't like to think that someone would actually have intent to do this