PDA

View Full Version : i think closing the SCOTUS thread was a good idea

eddief
02-13-2016, 07:42 PM
That acronym sounds like an unmentionable body part...and Antonin and SCOTUS should not be used in the same sentence. Heaven will be a better place.

livingminimal
02-13-2016, 07:48 PM
I think starting a thread to comment on a closed thread and not-so-subtly give your opinion about the person in question is stupid and more ridiculous than any comment in the original thread.

Cicli
02-13-2016, 07:49 PM
In before the lock.

azrider
02-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Blown Reek should be embarrassed about what he said in the locked thread

pbarry
02-13-2016, 08:05 PM
Eddie, What's your point? We obviously can't play nice with political issues.

livingminimal
02-13-2016, 08:12 PM
Blown Reek should be embarrassed about what he said in the locked thread

Oh please. Spare me.

There's a hell of a lot of people here that have probably said a hell of a lot of worse things than "thank god" over the death of someone that was a hell of a lot younger than 79 and had a lot more life in them.

Righteousness has a lot of faces. Most of the time, for the accusing types, it's the one in the mirror. I'm no exception and wont try to hide it. I'd ask you all don't do the same. If you're not typing your opinion about this, you're definitely thinking and talking about it. So who cares.

gdw
02-13-2016, 08:15 PM
Time to lock this one up. Posts like this bring out the worst in some of our members.

eddief
02-13-2016, 08:16 PM
it is huge that he is gone and country will enter a new tailspin of crap because he is gone. And SCOTUS sounds like an unmentionable body part. It all fits together in a sort of tragic way. I was weak and unable to let it go. I think this one should be closed now too. That would be my strict interpretation of the bylaws of this forum.

More important (and less controversial) to watch Step Curry in the all star shooting contest.

Eddie, What's your point? We obviously can't play nice with political issues.

Dead Man
02-13-2016, 08:25 PM
Meh... some old dude died. Yea, there's gonna be arguing amongst the suits-that-be over it... who F'ing cares?

Politics.... the biggest joke/reality TV series in this society.

Let it go, people. It.... GASP.... doesn't matter.

Peter B
02-13-2016, 08:25 PM

Dead Man
02-13-2016, 08:26 PM
"IBTL" people contribute nothing and only inflame flammable threads.

livingminimal
02-13-2016, 08:31 PM
Meh... some old dude died. Yea, there's gonna be arguing amongst the suits-that-be over it... who F'ing cares?

Politics.... the biggest joke/reality TV series in this society.

Let it go, people. It.... GASP.... doesn't matter.

I guess you're right. Reproductive rights, affirmative action, education, voting redistricting, right to work, universal health care.

Sure. None of that ���� matters.

Peter B
02-13-2016, 08:37 PM
"IBTL" people contribute nothing and only inflame flammable threads.

al•le•go•ry (ălˈĭ-gôrˌē, -gōrˌē)

n. The representation of abstract ideas or principles by characters, figures, or events in narrative, dramatic, or pictorial form.

In simple terms, the topic is incendiary and we've proven repeatedly that we're not very good at playing (nicely) with fire around here.

bicycletricycle
02-13-2016, 08:38 PM
I really think we should just talk about bicycles

Cicli
02-13-2016, 08:41 PM
I really think we should just talk about bicycles

Agreed.
Or any OT that dosent involve political views or religion. That crap brings out the worst in people.

choke
02-13-2016, 08:46 PM
One thing that threads like that are good for - finding people to put on ignore.