PDA

View Full Version : Berthoud first ride report

Tickdoc
02-13-2016, 07:29 PM
And a little video for your viewing pleasure:

http://youtu.be/z7G5RQieccI

Short ride, but long enough to know that me and this saddle are going to get along just fine.

It's got that just the right amount of springiness/ comfort, but is firm and supportive. It's long enough that you can scoot around, which is a big plus for me. Sit back a bit and you get a comfortable place to spin, in the middle, it is cushy, and on the front it is supportive.

Fizik arione is my favorite saddle to date. This one may replace it. Most selles's are good, prologo fits me well, but I find most of them have one nestled sweet spot, and that doesn't work for me. This is the first I have ridden that is flat where you want it, and has a spot to nestle into when you want it.

The quality of manufacture is beyond reproach, no it is evident even in this well worn example.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Handgod/F5CBD858-1B23-4BDA-B461-AB975DB7A784_zpsxyhuikgr.jpg

Cicli
02-13-2016, 07:33 PM
Awesome bike.
What model Berthoud?
Been thinking of getting one from Wallbike.

bumknees
02-13-2016, 07:37 PM
Is this the Soulor/Galibier, or a different model? I was looking to maybe get one as an alternate to Brooks Swallows

R3awak3n
02-13-2016, 07:42 PM
:) its one of the best saddles ever made. Don't remember if I wrote on that thread but I always recommend berthouds.

Tickdoc
02-13-2016, 07:59 PM
Is this the Soulor/Galibier, or a different model? I was looking to maybe get one as an alternate to Brooks Swallows

Galibier I believe. The ss railed model.

Mzilliox
02-13-2016, 09:23 PM
thanks for the report, i'm looking for one or 2 of these. glad to hear you like it.

looks bette rthan the mutant too;)

Tickdoc
02-13-2016, 10:11 PM
thanks for the report, i'm looking for one or 2 of these. glad to hear you like it.

looks bette rthan the mutant too;)

Thanks. I can ship the trumpalo saddle to you if you'd like? I'll have to approve what it's going on first, though ;-)

Hilltopperny
02-14-2016, 09:36 AM
Galibier I believe. The ss railed model.

It's the soulor if it's ss. The galibier is the ti railed model. I just recieved the galibier a few weeks ago. I had two screws removed from my foot a couple of days later so haven't been able to try it out for a nice long ride yet. Looking forward to it once it's not sub zero out.