PDA

View Full Version : Westminster MD swap meet.. Anybody going?

ultraman6970
02-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Ok guys, 2 days away, anybody is going?? anybody with a table to stop by and check out the goods for sale?

:)

rounder
02-12-2016, 08:20 PM
I am going.

My lbs Bike Shop of Bel Air will have a table.

Tell them Ken Becker said to say hi.

ultraman6970
02-12-2016, 08:55 PM
COol :)

ultraman6970
02-13-2016, 01:43 PM
Bump!! 1 day to go!

rounder
02-13-2016, 07:14 PM
To anyone who is interested but has never been there before:

It is the biggest bike swap in the East. I have been there for most of the past 10 years. Last year, the hall was full of stuff and there were more cars and people that I have seen there before.

A lot of regional bike shops will have tables selling their overstock (bikes, parts, clothes). There will be lots of other tables selling miscellaneous and cool old parts and stuff.

I was there one year and bought an almost complete set of record 10-speed that I used to convert my Serotta from Shimano.

It only costs $5 to get in (cheap). It is supposed to be really cold tomorrow. Anyone with cabin fever who is close and interested should check it out.

http://stopswapandsave.com/

OtayBW
02-14-2016, 07:00 AM
6°F around here. Guess that ride after the swap meet is OFF!

PaMtbRider
02-14-2016, 02:48 PM
Appropriately for a single digit temperature day, my big swap meet purchase was a pair of Lake MXZ 303 winter boots. I can now retire my 10 year old pair of MXZ 301.

dsimon
02-14-2016, 03:56 PM
I went last year missed it this year anything awesome

ultraman6970
02-14-2016, 04:21 PM
Super cold today... not too many people and expensive IMO.

If you were looking for shimano you were able to find stuff but this year looks like TOOLS were the thing. A lot, but a lot of cones and headset tools, more than I ever seen.

Carbon frames were at fair price IMO. Same than helmets.

Dunno, compared with last year this was a miss for me and my friend. Not much campy, even a guy showed up with a bin full of NOS super record plus a bunch of other record C stuff, all NOS, pristine boxes and components, he wanted 9000 bucks for everything. HE did not sell the box obviously.

I got couple of tools and a helmet for one of my kids.

OtayBW
02-14-2016, 04:48 PM
More bikes and framsets of interest to me this year than I'm used to seeing there. Interesting Bianchi and Gios fixies; a nice Colnago Extreme C came in late; a mint Merckx in Reynolds 753; several Serottas in steel; older Calfee Manta; a pristine Hetchins frameset; and a Parlee Z5i immaculate (possibly new). My friend picked up a set of Zipp 303s. Woman friend of mine picked up a new Assos jersey for $20. One guy had a complete Campy Nuovo Record group BNIB for a pretty high price.

Plenty of Vittoria tires for prices higher than I could buy online :confused:. First year that I've gone that I didn't buy anything.........of course, if one or two of those frames were sized up a bit, well, that might be a different story....

chromopromo
02-14-2016, 05:02 PM
A nice Richard Sachs frame sold first thing in the morning. Frame number 270 or something with fender mounts. It was too big for me or I would have got in a bidding war. I didn't come home with much but always worth the trip for me.

ultraman6970
02-14-2016, 05:54 PM
That black colnago extreme was insanely high priced IMO... the small fix gear gios was super sweet, that frame is a fix gear with road geometry, ideal for kids to learn pedaling technique and stuff and for a super fair price.

I noticed the serottas but remember one like with shimano lx or whatever it is, the guy wanted like 1500 bucks for it, clearly did not sell at all. What about that white and red bottechia frame??? 1000 bucks!!!

Was expensive and not a lot of variety this year, a lot of guys left the G/Fs alone in the tables too while the dude out there looking for parts hehehe anybody noticed that? :D the worse part is that the tables did not sell too much either.